The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Crewe Hall Flats - any experience?

Hi,

I've been taking a look at the various accommodation options at Sheffield, and Crewe Hall caught my eye. However, other than the piddly little photo and bit of info on the Endcliffe section of the accommodation website, and a video of a snowball fight on YouTube, I can't find any other information about the place; google brings up nothing.

Does/has anyone live(d) there? What's it like? Size of room? Good facilities? Worth considering? I'm a little worried about applying for accommodation there, what with the lack of information.

Thanks,
Ollie

Edit to add: now twigged this is part of Endcliffe - does this mean you can't specifically apply there?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by okthefolkie
Hi,

I've been taking a look at the various accommodation options at Sheffield, and Crewe Hall caught my eye. However, other than the piddly little photo and bit of info on the Endcliffe section of the accommodation website, and a video of a snowball fight on YouTube, I can't find any other information about the place; google brings up nothing.

Does/has anyone live(d) there? What's it like? Size of room? Good facilities? Worth considering? I'm a little worried about applying for accommodation there, what with the lack of information.

Thanks,
Ollie

Edit to add: now twigged this is part of Endcliffe - does this mean you can't specifically apply there?

I got my booklet thing today, and it said at one point that when you apply for accomodation, you apply for either Endcliffe, Ranmoor or City and Central, and then you apply for the type of room you want (standard, en-suite, deluxe) so I don't think you get a choice about which building you want.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by okthefolkie
Hi,

Thanks,
Ollie

twelve is right. When you apply for accomodation you specify where you want to be and the type of room you want, so there is no way to guarantee that you wil be in a particular building.

You might be able to write it in the 'other requirements' or something box, but I'd assume that it wouldn't come to much.

From what I've heard it's nice. It looks nice from the outside anyway, quite traditional and like others have said nice big kitchens, but I don't know what the rooms are like.
Reply 3
Thanks for all your replies guys. :smile: Very helpful.
Reply 4
The rooms vary in size, some are huge... but they are falling apart, some of them leak and have mold growing in them. But the people I know living there seem to have fun :smile:
Crewe update - all refurbished and well maintained as of 2015. See the following thread for more photos, will upload some of rooms later. The rooms range from larger than average to massive.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2812825&page=2&p=63378027#post63378027

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending