The Student Room Group

AQA FP2 Jan 20th Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anyone else get pi / 4root2 and 1/2ln(17/4) as the answers to the integration questions?
Reply 21
Original post by jellybeaaans
the question was (cosπ8+isinπ8)p(cosπ12isinπ12)q=i\dfrac{(\cos\dfrac{\pi}{8} + i\sin\dfrac{\pi}{8})^p}{(\cos \dfrac{\pi}{12} - i\sin\dfrac{\pi}{12})^q} = i

Yeah, you're right. Soz
Original post by oh_1993
Anyone else get pi / 4root2 and 1/2ln(17/4) as the answers to the integration questions?

yes dittooooo to both qs but i left the pi/4root2 as 1/root2arcsin(root2/2) dannnng
Reply 23
Original post by ebmaj7
Yeah I got pi sqrt2 / 8.

For which question?
Reply 24
Original post by ebmaj7
Yeah I got pi sqrt2 / 8.

same~ but still want to cry for other questions...:frown:
Reply 25
Original post by ebmaj7
One of the integrations. Between sqrt 2 and 2?

I remember one between 1 and 5/2 and one between ln2 and ln4??
Reply 26
Original post by oh_1993

YES! Ok, feeling like I've picked up a few more marks than expected...But still, as I want over 90 UMS, I may end up resitting.
Reply 27
beep
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by oh_1993

Those are the answers I got. Were these both on the same question number, or separate ones? Memory fails me.

Also, I think the Re(z)=0 meant z = 0 + ki. I got the centre as z = 6 + 6/root3 i. I think the last part was either argz = -pi/3, or argz = -pi/6.

Was rushing question eight, so I think everything I did was on the right lines, but I might've worded it pretty badly. I managed to show that cos(2pi/5) = (root5 - 1)/4 (?), but somewhat fudged the part prior to that.

For the roots of the equation, I got something like (3/2)i +- root(7 - 24i), but didn't simplify it 'cause I was busy with other questions :frown:

Can anyone remind me of what the other questions were? Might end up remembering some more answers.
Reply 29
Original post by Oromis263
YES! Ok, feeling like I've picked up a few more marks than expected...But still, as I want over 90 UMS, I may end up resitting.

I reckon we'll only need about 50/75 for 90 UMS. I'm aiming for 90 too. :smile:
Reply 30
wowzers, Core 3 went so fantastically then there was that! I Could do pretty much everything until the last question where I couldn't even attempt the last two parts...... looking at no more than 60 on that paper which I'm really disappointed with. Cant believe i left the integration question as 1/root2 arcsin root2/2 ..... thats just silly.

Though the grade boundaries were very low last summer for this paper so surely they can only get lower as that was just so hard... though coming to think of it i wreckon i could have picked up quite a few marks on the last question if i wasnt thinking so hard about how much i could not do the question haha!

Im annoyed there was no differencing question as they are normally such easy marks!
FP2 resit seems well early this year; 31st May is way too soon!
Reply 32
Original post by ebmaj7
Yeah the other girl who attempted it with me ended up crying. They seem to be making them so much harder - I'm dreading M2 and FP4 now. C3 was hard today too.

You're sitting the same exams as me! Not done any FP4 papers yet because i was concentrating on getting a good mark in FP2 .... :banghead: I suppose i'm going to have to start caning the revision for M2 and FP4 now. ffs
Reply 33
Original post by Oromis263

Just checked these 2 on Wolfram, they are 100% definitely correct. :smile:
Reply 34
Anyone else taking FP3, S2, M2 next week?
Wtf, brain went all jelly on me. Took me ages to realise that Re(z)=o actually meant the real part of the complex number =0 (i.e. the number lies on the y axis) then couldn't do the rest of that question anyway. Couldn't EVEN GET STARTED on the induction question :mad:. Couldn't see how to set it up or really get what they were asking me in the first place. Then that de moivres question...skipped it in frustration and felt like crying, but came back at the end and cranked out a solution and got the integers as 2 and 3, which is a saving grace if thats indeed correct. And the last question, wtf!!!! Drowned myself in a sea of confusion between my 2s and Zs and then couldn't anything besides the first part of the question...:frown:

Think i missed out ~18 marks so im looking at a B at best and i really needed an A*. Sucks, where was the method of difference and easy inductive proof about an infite series or divisibilty or something? :frown: :frown:

Ah well, resit for certain it is! :rolleyes:
Original post by In One Ear
Wtf, brain went all jelly on me. Took me ages to realise that Re(z)=o actually meant the real part of the complex number =0 (i.e. the number lies on the y axis) then couldn't do the rest of that question anyway. Couldn't EVEN GET STARTED on the induction question :mad:. Couldn't see how to set it up or really get what they were asking me in the first place. Then that de moivres question...skipped it in frustration and felt like crying, but came back at the end and cranked out a solution and got the integers as 2 and 3, which is a saving grace if thats indeed correct. And the last question, wtf!!!! Drowned myself in a sea of confusion between my 2s and Zs and then couldn't anything besides the first part of the question...:frown:

Think i missed out ~18 marks so im looking at a B at best and i really needed an A*. Sucks, where was the method of difference and easy inductive proof about an infite series or divisibilty or something? :frown: :frown:

Ah well, resit for certain it is! :rolleyes:

I suppose you could say that everything you learnt just went in one ear... And out the other.
Original post by Chicksac427
I suppose you could say that everything you learnt just went in one ear... And out the other.

That you could.
Oh god... That was so hard. I don't know how these FP2 papers get so weird with all these strange questions. That last question, with that z+1/z thingys, ugh. I somehow got p=2 and q=3 from some dodgy calculations. But anyway... hopefully the grade boundaries will be low. This paper was dreadful.
Ah thank god people feel the same way. I think I got everything right but then I hit the last question. Probably looking at between 65 and 68 at best :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending