The Student Room Group

The Inbetweeners, how old are they meant to be?

Does anyone watch The Inbetweeners? I was just wondering how old the characters are meant to be? I thought 'in between' meant 16 to 17, since they are 'in between' childhood and adulthood, but aren't they at uni in the TV show? Sorry for my ignorance, I've only watched it once or twice?
Reply 1
Original post by DeputyDog
Does anyone watch The Inbetweeners? I was just wondering how old the characters are meant to be? I thought 'in between' meant 16 to 17, since they are 'in between' childhood and adulthood, but aren't they at uni in the TV show? Sorry for my ignorance, I've only watched it once or twice?

Feisty one, you are!

They are at sixth form in the show.
16-18, in the film they are on the summer between year 13 and starting uni :-)
Reply 3
16 progressing to 18 by the end of the show, or one assumes since theyre in sixth form :smile:
They're supposed to be in college, so 16-18
Reply 5
In the film they're all 18 going on 19, and have all finally got girlfriends and lose their virginity.
I think "inbetweeners" refers to them being "in-between" the "cool" and the "uncool". And they are in sixth form in the show. (16-18)
Reply 7
they're 16 - 18 :yy:
"He shoots, He scores! Right up the vag"

Oh you gotta love the inbetweeners haha
Reply 9
Series 1 and 2 are Lower Sixth (16-17:wink: we're told that Simon is the oldest and presume that his birthday is in September as he's driving so soon.

Series 3 is Upper Sixth; 17 - 18. (Neil's 18th was covered and he couldn't correctly count guests.)

Simon would be about to turn 19 in the film.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
its
17-18 as they were sixth form boys. 17 in series 1 and 2 and 18 in series 3 and the movies. Series 1 and 2 lower sixth and series 3 was upper sixth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending