The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Awww :hugs:

I'm sure you've done well! :smile:

Aww, thank youuu, I hope so :frown:!
After seeing the answers posted on here I've realised that I've made some seriously stupid mistakes
Reply 181
i had 8 retakaes in jan :frown: I FELLL SO GOD DAMN FREE NOW THOUGH!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by EffKayy
I hate AQA!!!!!

:colone:
ASking again considering its already disappeared :laugh:

Do we get ISA (AQA chemistry and biology) results on results day? or are they given out at a later/earlier date or not at all?
lol who else knows their retaking C1??
Reply 185
Original post by Mocking_bird

Do we get ISA (AQA chemistry and biology) results on results day? or are they given out at a later/earlier date or not at all?

ISAs are marked internally so your school can give them to you any time.
Sooooo, where d'you get the retake form from? :wink:
Staying hopeful, but the last term wasn't brilliant - way too much going on. So I did literally no work over all of Christmas.

Let's see how this plays out :tongue:
so We have less then 40 days of freedom until doomsday :woo:
Original post by EffKayy
ISAs are marked internally so your school can give them to you any time.

Our biology ones aren't (WJEC)

OMG I'm absolutely DREADING results day :/ Politics this afternoon was an epic FAIL haha :lol:
I am SO not looking forward to it. The S1 exam went so badly >.<
Reply 191
Original post by scoutzawwar
so We have less then 40 days of freedom until doomsday :woo:

41 days to go if I calculate correctly. :cool:
so nervous, retook C3 and C4 and every single uni offer needs me to get the grade this time round :afraid:
Reply 193
Original post by Mocking_bird

Yes, you get your actual ISA results on Results Day, they are just another unit of the A level (CHM3T for AS, CHM6T for A2 etc). Your school will probably give you an idea of how you've done when they mark them in the Spring, but you won't know the final result until August as moderation may change the school's results.
Reply 194
Original post by Data
Yes, you get your actual ISA results on Results Day, they are just another unit of the A level (CHM3T for AS, CHM6T for A2 etc). Your school will probably give you an idea of how you've done when they mark them in the Spring, but you won't know the final result until August as moderation may change the school's results.

Err she was referring to this results day not August.

K
Reply 195
Original post by EffKayy
Err she was referring to this results day not August.

K

Schools can only submit ISAs in the summer season so if she was she was asking the wrong question.
Reply 196
Would anyone say that WJEC is a 'tough' exam board? If you know what I mean? :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by ROSSYROO
Would anyone say that WJEC is a 'tough' exam board? If you know what I mean? :smile:

I'm sure someone would, but there is no consistently 'tough' UK exam board - if there were then no one would use it. The % getting each grade with each board in each subject is monitored by OFQUAL and significant differences are ironed out. A couple of departments at my school have moved to WJEC because they felt it was easier than the board they were using, but to be honest it is all fairly subjective.
Reply 198
Original post by Data
I'm sure someone would, but there is no consistently 'tough' UK exam board - if there were then no one would use it. The % getting each grade with each board in each subject is monitored by OFQUAL and significant differences are ironed out. A couple of departments at my school have moved to WJEC because they felt it was easier than the board they were using, but to be honest it is all fairly subjective.

Thank-you. I know it is all controlled, but for GCSE's I just remember my teacher's saying "

we've gone for this exam board for X reason, because if you look at the wording of the Y exam board..."

But yeah, thanks again! :biggrin:
Original post by Data

Ehem, AQA :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest