The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophie1805
Our school are opening at 8:15am for results. I will be there at 7:30 probably. Lol.

Haha! :tongue: We get ours at 9.30(ish), which is a lot earlier than some other colleges give theirs out but I'm still jealous you get yours so early!
Our school will have our results online on Thursday from 8am, or you can wait until after form time at 8.45am to collect a paper copy. I don't want to overwhelm myself and get stressed out looking at the online one having not been familiar with how it works... although looking at the paper copy confuses me so much! Aaah
Reply 2042
Original post by gridlock
Let's hope you're not waiting on Maths results.

I'm waiting on biology, chemistry and economics all AQA.

BIOL4 was a bitch. Really not looking forward to that.

ECON3 on the other hand I think went really well but as we get closer to D-Day I keep thinking I've done much worse than I think.
Original post by Bromine
Haha! :tongue: We get ours at 9.30(ish), which is a lot earlier than some other colleges give theirs out but I'm still jealous you get yours so early!

Mine are available on intranet from 7.25am I think...:/
Original post by Besakt

ECON3 on the other hand I think went really well but as we get closer to D-Day I keep thinking I've done much worse than I think.

I HATED econ3! The questions were nasty! And I wasn't taught any of the essay questions except the third one, and I answered the MRP question incorrectly :/
Reply 2045
Original post by sarah1345
I HATED econ3! The questions were nasty! And I wasn't taught any of the essay questions except the third one, and I answered the MRP question incorrectly :/

Which one did you answer I answered the first data response I think it was about privatisation and nationalisation and the first essay question can't remember what it was on. I wrote quiet a bit I finished the booklet but most of it may just be a load of drivel. :frown:
Original post by Besakt
Which one did you answer I answered the first data response I think it was about privatisation and nationalisation and the first essay question can't remember what it was on. I wrote quiet a bit I finished the booklet but most of it may just be a load of drivel. :frown:

You sounded pretty confident so you've probably done well/alright. You get that vibe when you come out the exam hall, and I had a horrid one. I answered privatisation and the 1st essay was on profit maximisation which I wasn't taught.
hi, is anyone waiting for the maths Edexcel C1 result?? any ideas on what the grade boundary for an A could be?? cheers
Reply 2048
You sounded pretty confident so you've probably done well/alright. You get that vibe when you come out the exam hall, and I had a horrid one. I answered privatisation and the 1st essay was on profit maximisation which I wasn't taught.

Did you do a unit 1 resit, I think one of the questions was about speed cameras, that went horribly for me I never knew what the question was asking. :frown:

What are you expecting and what do you need?
Original post by Besakt

omg i hated bio 4 !! which questions did you get stuck on??
Original post by Bromine

I get mine at 6am just to make you a little more jealous hehe :tongue:
Reply 2051
Did anyone do Physics Unit 2 or Unit 4 on AQA? how did you find them? :smile:
Just four days now!
Original post by Besakt
Did you do a unit 1 resit, I think one of the questions was about speed cameras, that went horribly for me I never knew what the question was asking. :frown:

What are you expecting and what do you need?

Yeah, I retook Unit 1, got 61 in the summer, but 87 for unit 2. I need at least a B but preferably an A overall in Economics, and that leaves me needing 173 from A2 or 133 for a B, but hopefully unit 1 went okay, but unit 3 and 4 for the summer for moi.

What do you need/expecting? I'm predicting a D for unit 3.
(edited 12 years ago)
So nervous, even though I guess I'm in the lucky position in that I did really well first year. My uni offer is AAA, so I can't afford any slip ups!

History coursework I got 48/50 so I'm not worried about that in terms of the UMS conversion. Assuming my grade remains that level, I'll only need 60/120 UMS for my final unit, which I am so happy about considering how hard the paper looks.

Law, hoping I've done enough just to secure 80UMS, which again means I need around 50/100UMS for Unit 4 to get the A. Would be quite disappointed if I didn't get 90UMS to be on track for the A* though. Not holding out much hope mind, law 3 didn't go as well I'd hoped compared to my mock exams. Anybody do AQA? The split of the offences, where there was no murder offences really threw me.

Politics...now this is where I am ****ting myself. This is pretty much the subject I NEED to get around 80/100 UMS in both units, (well 75, but it's still close!). Probably my hardest exam I've done during my entire time at college, so I'm not hoping for much. I'll be gutted if I get lower than 75 as it means I'll need to resit or do exceptionally well in the American unit in summer.

Ideal scenario; same history c/w grade, 90UMS+ in law and 80+ in Politics. That way I'll be in a very confident and easy position to get my A*AA I am aiming for.

This probably won't happen though. Idk, I can see myself getting less in law and the politics I keep on doubting myself more and more the 8th march comes..
Reply 2055
Original post by student.uk
hi, is anyone waiting for the maths Edexcel C1 result?? any ideas on what the grade boundary for an A could be?? cheers

Last year was 58/75 for an A in June I think it'll be the same as people are saying it was harder
Original post by Mocking_bird
I get mine at 6am just to make you a little more jealous hehe :tongue:

6am?? :eek::eek::eek:

how do you get them so quick?

unless your school has an online results system set up :colonhash:
Original post by James A
6am?? :eek::eek::eek:

how do you get them so quick?

unless your school has an online results system set up :colonhash:

Yeah we get them on the intranet ;D
I except its going to end up crashing at that time though :laugh:
Reply 2058
Yeah, I retook Unit 1, got 61 in the summer, but 87 for unit 2. I need at least a B but preferably an A overall in Economics, and that leaves me needing 173 from A2 or 133 for a B, but hopefully unit 1 went okay, but unit 3 and 4 for the summer for moi.

What do you need/expecting? I'm predicting a D for unit 3.

I scabbed an A last time on unit 1 got 80/100 but I resat it so I did both micro units together. I'm going to resit unit 2 which I got a C on in june.

I need a A, I'm expecting an A/B.

Original post by SoftMusk
omg i hated bio 4 !! which questions did you get stuck on??

All of them, I despise ecology.
The depressing moment when you realise you'll probably have to re-sit a re-sit.

Quick Reply

Latest