The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Darth Vader 7
I feel like I'm going to have to resit my resits. :frown:

Me toooo haha :mad:
Original post by TheatreLovely
I feel the same as you...last summer I got a C in my English lit exam. I got my script back, and it seems like I just had a really bad day, but I was so disapointed because my teacher had been certain that I was going to get full marks and I had got full marks in every single practice essay. I was so upset because I knew that I hadn't realised my potential in the exam. Of course, loads of people started attacking me for being upset about this (I got an A overall by one mark due to coursework), but I wish people would understand that different people set their own goals. It would be like me looking down on someone for being happy with a C when that was what they had always aimed for, something which I would never do because I think if you get what you want and reach your potential then it's fine. Grr.

I completely agree. Everyone should have personal goals, it's just as upsetting for someone if they miss them regardless of how high or low they were set.
I had the same-but-opposite situation with English lit - I got an A in my exam and I was completely shocked, it was a huge suprise because i'd literally done no work whatsoever and thought i'd done very badly. I was absolutely over the moon! Although I understand why she was upset, a classmate (who had worked much harder and gotten a B) told everyone that OCR have unreliable marking and that I, along with some others, shouldn't have gotten an A and that I didn't deserve it. It may have been true but there was no need for her to have been so bitter :s-smilie:
Reply 222
Original post by Mocking_bird
Do we find out the results of ISA's on results day also? :smile:

Uh... Your teach didn't already tell you?

If the rest of your class knows theirs, this is a brilliant joke I just ruined.
Original post by FO12DY
Uh... Your teach didn't already tell you?

If the rest of your class knows theirs, this is a brilliant joke I just ruined.

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or not. Either way it didnt really work.

No, nobody in my class knows the results yet as we only did it last week.
Original post by Mocking_bird
Not sure if you're trying to be funny or not. Either way it didnt really work.

No, nobody in my class knows the results yet as we only did it last week.

I think the ISA is modulated by AQA?

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/advice/results-day.php

So because basically all other results are on march 8th, I'd imagine ISA would be released on that date as well. Of course, your teacher should be able to tell you for certain :smile:

Edit: I stand corrected, Data seems to know more than me on this >>
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 225
Original post by Llewellyn
I think the ISA is modulated by AQA?

http://web.aqa.org.uk/over/advice/results-day.php

So because basically all other results are on march 8th, I'd imagine ISA would be released on that date as well. Of course, your teacher should be able to tell you for certain :smile:

ISAs can only be submitted for moderation in the summer season, so you will not find out your official ISA mark until August.
Reply 226
Original post by Data
ISAs can only be submitted for moderation in the summer season, so you will not find out your official ISA mark until August.

Hmm, your teacher normally tells you around what you got though? And this usually does not change.
Reply 227
are class is really small so it is marked by examiners......

i god damn nervous :P
Reply 228
but i can wait. find myself still thinking that i have to stay behind and revise :P
Reply 229
Original post by DeelyBopper

Not looking forward to results day! I worked so hard and i think it won't show on my results :frown:

It will show.

You might not do anything like as well as you hoped you would, but it will show, by your results being better than they would have been without.
over a month to go!!
Original post by FO12DY
I know - I didn't understand why everyone was complaining either. Likewise with S1.

Though everyone seemed to think D1 was a PoP.

they're just bitter we find it easy :wink:
Reply 232
Original post by James A
over a month to go!!

eeek!!!
Reply 233
Original post by James A
over a month to go!!

I just want it to come now :redface:
Not really looking forward to this. Had a resit and a psychology exam that was just horrible.
Although we don't get our results on paper like many here seem to: we get it on our college site, so we can check nice and early :colone:
I am awauting just one AS exam :frown:
Edexcel Core 1 and Core 3 results out then
Then it's Edexcel Core 4 and Statistics 1 in the Summer

Maths will be the death of me
Reply 237
arghhhhhh waiting a month for my aqa PSYA2 AND PSYA3 results so hope i got 90% in one of them so i can get my A overall.
I sat;

Core 1 (AQA)
Core 2 (AQA)
Statistics 1 (AQA)
Physics; Unit 1 (Edexcel)

I think I did okay in the majority. I made a ton of silly mistakes though - this will bring my UMS down considerably.

What I think I'll get;

Core 1; 85-90 UMS (got 100% in almost every past-paper lol)
Core 2; 95 UMS
Statistics; 75-80 UMS (got 100% in almost every past paper again)
Physics Unit 1; 90 UMS

The reason my statistics UMS will be so low is due to a very stupid mistake. On the last question (14 marks), it required you to work out confidence intervals and things. Basically I multiplied everything by a thousand to get it into pounds, which means everything from that point onwards is wrong; even though I did everything correct after making that mistake. What hurts the most, is that, I actually did it all right, but I crossed it out and did it again; wrong.

The problem is, it's hard to get marks carried forward with statistics due to using a statistical calculator, although I did show what I was putting into my calculator. Either way, I'll be lucky to get 80 UMS. Therefore, I'll resit it in the summer in hope to get 95+ UMS.

Good luck to everybody. What's done, is done.
(edited 12 years ago)
6 exam results next month that'll decide whether or not I'll have to do 8 exams this summer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest