The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

I'm bricking it. x___x;;

The biology F214 paper didn't seem difficult, excluding the annoying respirometer question. I'm sure the grade boundaries were high and I made a few silly mistakes, mostly 1 markers but they still count! I need an A in that paper. I don't feel like I've flopped, yet I think that that's a bad omen. :C

AQA A psychology was a ~weird~ paper, I don't know what I'll get in that. They lowered the amount of marks per section, but I was feeling a bit funny/poorly in the exam.
Original post by Mocking_bird
It was CHEM1 :wavey: Hi there!
How do you think you did? :smile:

It was a strange paper! I think I did well on the hard bits...but then the calculations, I pretty much screwed it all up! Trust me to do that on the 'easy marks' :facepalm: (there was not enough time lol) :frown: Hoping I did okay though.

And yourself? :h::
Original post by Doctor.
It was a strange paper! I think I did well on the hard bits...but then the calculations, I pretty much screwed it all up! Trust me to do that on the 'easy marks' :facepalm: (there was not enough time lol) :frown: Hoping I did okay though.

true dat. so many silly mistakes = retaking lol
Reply 2543
Im waiting for

F332 CHEMISTRY B
F335 CHEMISTRY B
F211 - OCR BIOLOGY
F215 - OCR BIOLOGY
G578 - ISLAM AS

And im Absolutely Bricking It!!
Reply 2544
does anyone know where to find edexcel grade boundaries, when they come out tomorrow?
Original post by umaird
does anyone know where to find edexcel grade boundaries, when they come out tomorrow?

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx
Reply 2546

Thank you! will the grade boundaries for the january exams be there tomorrow?
Original post by umaird
Thank you! will the grade boundaries for the january exams be there tomorrow?

Yes
Am looking forward to my AS French and German results (doing A2 German in the summer and finished A2 French last year and got an A) but nothing hangs on them as I finished my Spanish and Italian degree in 2008 and my MA in 2009 but I still want to do well!!

I'll wait for mine in the post as am working on Thursday anyway and have no other way of getting them. But again nothing hangs on it as I did them, and am still doing my German A-Level for pleasure.

Good luck to everyone else waiting on results!
Original post by cuckoo99
true dat. so many silly mistakes = retaking lol

I am just hoping that the grade boundaries will be v.low. Especially since it was a much different kind of paper, I doubt many first years would have expected that sort of a paper :s-smilie:
The anticipation is the worst bit, can't believe someone has to wait until Friday im having a hard enough time waiting until Thursday afternoon!
Dreading the results, I only have one exam to pick up (OCR F297 Business) but I don't think I did well in it at all, maybe two questions, the other two weren't phrased well.

Good Luck to all :h:
Original post by mahjongmagic
Dreading the results, I only have one exam to pick up (OCR F297 Business) but I don't think I did well in it at all, maybe two questions, the other two weren't phrased well.

Good Luck to all :h:

Meanwhile I have 7 to pick up and this depends on me going to university, scared as anything!
It's bad for me 'cos we get ours at 8:20 on Thursday. I have biology straight afterwards, which means it'll be 3hrs of results discussion. I don't look at my results until I get home and can cry in privacy/look at them with my mum.

Ours is usually just the paper, so I'll have to fold it up and shove it in my bag.
Reply 2554
45 hours!
WELL!

F321 Chemistry OCR A AS

Reckon everyone in the world has failed that badboy :frown:
Original post by PatrickD
I think pharmacy is a great choice and I considered it when applying. I originally wanted to do biology but got more interested in chemistry at AS. I think pharmacy will be a good balance between chemistry and biology, especially if you're leaning towards biology. The course I'm hoping to do is basically pure chemistry with a biological options from a chemical standpoint. I also applied for Biochemistry and Biological Chemistry at Nottingham which has slightly different amounts of each of biology and chemistry again. It's all very confusing! :tongue:

I'm the opposite of you in the sense that I'm recently leaning more towards biology. I used to love chemistry, but then our teacher left and the new one isn't do good :s-smilie:

Well I hope you enjoy your course :biggrin:
Original post by 1platinum
45 hours!

AHHH thanks for that. haha made me x1043948934387387389 more nervous!
Reply 2558
does anyone know what the grade boundaries might be for biology AS please or at least what you think they might be :smile:
Reply 2559
Original post by kiyubi
does anyone know what the grade boundaries might be for biology AS please or at least what you think they might be :smile:

what exam board???

Quick Reply

Latest