The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jackfinance17

Anyone find C4 or Economics U1 and Physics U1 struggling? lot of people in my school did and I am in a good sixth form

I retook C4 too. Afterwards I found out I didn't actually need to retake it...so that was annoying. I found it pretty easy this time round, but that's what further maths does to you.
Original post by corpuscallosum
I retook C4 too. Afterwards I found out I didn't actually need to retake it...so that was annoying. I found it pretty easy this time round, but that's what further maths does to you.

Cool!
How's others think in your school? Apparently this year's paper is very hard I would consider, I lost round 4 marks, not sure if it is over 90 though. Everyone is panicing about it and some planned retake in June again.XD and some didn't even finish the paper.:smile:
Cool!
How's others think in your school? Apparently this year's paper is very hard I would consider, I lost round 4 marks, not sure if it is over 90 though. Everyone is panicing about it and some planned retake in June again.XD and some didn't even finish the paper.:smile:

Haha really? I was only one of two people retaking it, we both got A's last year and everyone else got A*s. I just messed up really appallingly on last summer's one and wanted that A*...
Haha really? I was only one of two people retaking it, we both got A's last year and everyone else got A*s. I just messed up really appallingly on last summer's one and wanted that A*...

WOW seriously? Which school you go to? Sounds like really good one, everyone got A* lol.Well I took last year and I could consider this year to be 3 times as hard as last year. W
WOW seriously? Which school you go to? Sounds like really good one, everyone got A* lol.Well I took last year and I could consider this year to be 3 times as hard as last year. W

Haha well we're all the further mathematicians at our school, so one-year A-Level course wasn't too bad. But I do remember having a nervous breakdown over maths nearly every week last year...
Haha well we're all the further mathematicians at our school, so one-year A-Level course wasn't too bad. But I do remember having a nervous breakdown over maths nearly every week last year...

HAHA that sounds terrible, I didn't experience all that, I done it in yr11. :biggrin:
Original post by roseroserose.
Same with pure. I hated stats last year, but I quite like it this year. M3 is driving me round the bend, I'm not very good at 'seeing' things so I'm planning on just learning the paper as best I can :redface:

Haha well if you told me what you wanted to write, I'd write it. Physics not really my strong point though :biggrin: Hahah it's true! When we got onto the alpha beta stuff in FP1, oh my days.

S1 was nasty, my least favourite module of them all. Hate hate HATE combinations and permutations, and the graph stuff was tedious. Probability distributions are ok though. Same with the seeing things - I'm useless at visualising which is why I was so surprised to get a silver in my UKMT.

Ugh. My maths teacher hates that and so do I. 'instead of solving quadratics/cubics the easy way, we shall use THIS METHOD YAYYY' - ughhh.

Original post by whatever_x
Ahh, he's one of thosee teachers

Aww! I'm sure you've done great, haha trueee, might as well :smile:

Hmm, fire drills really suck
& LOOL how did you manage that? did you do an all-nighter the night before or something? :tongue:

Yeah, most lessons are just chats about vegetarianism (we have a vegetarian in the class and he used to be a vegetarian (but he liked bacon too much) and we have arguments about bacon) or driving or films or other completely irrelevant things.

Bloody hope so :tongue:

It was freezing too, and we weren't allowed to get our coats. I don't really get much sleep (I'm on amitriptyline to try to sort that out, but it makes me sleepy) and it was an exam clash (I'd just done C3) so I was shattered :tongue:

Original post by James A
Well IF bath decide to give me an offer AFTER THEY DECIDE to interview me, then i might pick bath. I'm leaning more to UEA because as an overall university it is the best experience. Got highest student satisfaction in the uk and voted the best uk accommodation university.

however i still need to go and see bath for myself. i heard it is a really lovely place too lol

Taking a while, eh? Sounds good. I've been to Bath (the place, not the uni) and it was pretty nice, although I had a pretty bad experience with the Thorntons downstairs loos (there's no phone reception - team that with no toilet paper in the girls' and it's not great). Pretty big compared to where I'm from.

Original post by 1platinum
So how many exams are you set for in the summer?

I counted 11, if I have to retake D2, M2, S2, S3 and G494 although I'm hoping the last 3 went well. You?

Original post by WaNaBe
:hmpf: Your teachers sound so much more interesting than ours! At this moment in time I can't think of anything funny that any teachers have done. :redface: In Business Studies our new teacher spends most of the lesson showing us funny Youtube videos - unfortunately half of them aren't that funny, but at least she's trying!

Could you not switch the three module results to Edexcel or something? My friend switched his AS in OCR Maths to Edexcel.

Icwhatudidthere. I do end up teaching a lot of stuff to my friends, I don't mind doing it though seeing as it benefits me as well. :tongue: Hmmm I know what you mean.

Ha, my physics teacher got giggly after talking about the vibration generator 'vibrator' :tongue: Yeah, at least she tries :tongue: My other maths teacher is scary though, and my other further maths teacher spends the whole lesson doing examples on the board.

Wish I could, but I think it would just go back to being AS Maths instead of AS AFM.

:awesome: I do a lot of that too, they usually come to me for help with scary teacher's stuff and we scribble on my head of maths's whiteboard (which is massive).
Reply 527
Original post by JordanS94
Mine also clash :/
I'm retaking my C2 because I messed it up in June ( i know i could of done it in january but my M1 was worse :/)

C4 i'm retaking if it has gone as bad as I think.

so i have S2 and C2 on the same day
D2 all by itself :wink:
then C4, FP2 and FP3 one after another ¬¬ so my easiest exam will be fine the rest I am screwed for :'(

Was C4 really that bad this year? I heard it was dreadful
Reply 528
Original post by ikz94
PEAK! :eek: I ONLY GOT 4 EXAMS IN JUNE 5 IF I AHVE TO RE-TAKE ! DW I FEEL THE PRESSURE TOO !!!! :frown:

bare manz disliking this KMT! :wink:
Original post by Contrad!ction.

Yeah, most lessons are just chats about vegetarianism (we have a vegetarian in the class and he used to be a vegetarian (but he liked bacon too much) and we have arguments about bacon) or driving or films or other completely irrelevant things.

Bloody hope so :tongue:

It was freezing too, and we weren't allowed to get our coats. I don't really get much sleep (I'm on amitriptyline to try to sort that out, but it makes me sleepy) and it was an exam clash (I'd just done C3) so I was shattered :tongue:

LOL that's hilarious! Your maths lessons sound waaaaaay better than mine haha :tongue: mine are so boring :/

Oh noo that's horrible :frown:! I've had 2 exams on the same day but haven't had an exam clash yet... I hope you at least got to finish the paper :s-smilie:?
LOL that's hilarious! Your maths lessons sound waaaaaay better than mine haha :tongue: mine are so boring :/

Oh noo that's horrible :frown:! I've had 2 exams on the same day but haven't had an exam clash yet... I hope you at least got to finish the paper :s-smilie:?

The other maths teachers make up for it :tongue: I can't remember who I posted it to but a page or so back there's the rap he did for D2 :wink:

Yeah, finished in the first hour. I don't like looking back through non-pure maths papers, so I decided to sleep. The others were doing FP1 resits (also clashed with C3). I'll have a clash in the summer too, with D2 and M2 resits. Yayyy.
Original post by ikz94
bare manz disliking this KMT! :wink:

bare manz disliking the way you type KMT :wink:
Original post by asas78978
Was C4 really that bad this year? I heard it was dreadful

It was my teacher attempted the paper and said it was really hard for a C4 paper :/ there was a graph that looked like a pair of lungs for god sake ¬¬
Reply 532
The other maths teachers make up for it :tongue: I can't remember who I posted it to but a page or so back there's the rap he did for D2 :wink:

Yeah, finished in the first hour. I don't like looking back through non-pure maths papers, so I decided to sleep. The others were doing FP1 resits (also clashed with C3). I'll have a clash in the summer too, with D2 and M2 resits. Yayyy.

bare manz disliking the way you type KMT :wink:

Yeh i Know but if ur gna start Jheeze! ama jizz ma way through!
Reply 533
"Akward moment when a examiners marking papers coz they aint got a valentines"
Reply 534
Original post by JordanS94
It was my teacher attempted the paper and said it was really hard for a C4 paper :/ there was a graph that looked like a pair of lungs for god sake ¬¬

WOW that sounds really bad, hopefully the boundary will be really low.
freaakkinnn hate examsss i had 13 in jan
sure as hell hope dont have to do any more (Y)
Original post by asas78978
WOW that sounds really bad, hopefully the boundary will be really low.

I'm hoping so (Y)
My entire class exited the class, (my class has some stupidly smart people) and they said they think that they'll have to retake :/

Jealousss! I want your maths teacher haha

Oooh that's alright then.
Yeahh me neither, probs cause I hate anything that isn't pure maths haha :tongue:
Mann that's a lot of clashes, what exam board is it? :s-smilie:
3 weeks on Thursday...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Jealousss! I want your maths teacher haha

Oooh that's alright then.
Yeahh me neither, probs cause I hate anything that isn't pure maths haha :tongue:
Mann that's a lot of clashes, what exam board is it? :s-smilie:

I know when I get to uni I'll miss his lessons. And I wish April 1st wasn't on the weekend, I wanted to play a trick on him. Hmm, now I need ideas...

I tend to make loads of mistakes on pure and I panic on non pure :tongue: OCR.

Quick Reply

Latest