The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

is it worth resitting two units for 6 more ums in both to get them up to what you need or trying to make it up in the summer with less exams? i'm in year 12
Reply 5641
BUSS 3: 100 ums
BUSS 2: 96 ums
C1: 88 ums
C3: 64 ums

Really happy about the business mark, really sad about the C3 as I was getting As in the practice papers and in my mocks. Oh well! 5 exams in the summer for me!
(edited 12 years ago)
Results went well. :biggrin:
Chemistry Unit 4, Edexcel: 106/120 UMS
Mechanics, M1, Edexcel: 87/100 UMS - expected better to be honest but happy non the less :smile:
Human Biology 1 : D
Chem 1: D
Psy 1 A : C

was expecting this as i was going through a rough time during the exam period :/ defo retaking chem as i can easily achieve a B grade if doing my best if not an A. guess i have to retake human biology 1 though the first unit is soooo hard:/ unit 2 so much easier. got my ISA exam in chem tomorow too :O:O
I'm in the same position for each 3 of my subjects, biology chemistry and statistics

In order to get an A in statistics I need to retake at least one and sit the normal summer paper.
Bio and chemistry I have to retake 2 and do the normal summer papers to get a chance of getting an A unless of course i get full marks in my summer which isn't going to happen:colondollar:

oh and in order for me to go to uni my offers are AAB...great, this is going to be a fun summer! :s-smilie:
Original post by robbradley
Resullttttssss:

OCR Biology unit 1 - A 88 UMS pleasant surprise as the paper was killer
AQA Chem unit 1 - A 90 UMS
Edexcel Maths C1 - A 91 UMS
OCR General Studies - A 93 UMS
aaand Edexcel Physics - B 94 UMS :/ great results but its a real shame about physics, especially as my coursework is not sitting fantastically right now. Best in the year in Biology though :33

Well done with your great results :biggrin:
I did utterly crap I need to resit all exams.
Reply 5648
5 exams in summer, bring it on.
I got 3 As in Chemistry Unit 1, Maths C1 (99%!!! :zomg:) and French AS.

^_^
Original post by Quip
Exactly - we only get given our UMS mark (well we do at my school anyway).
Depends on your exam board for C1 but some have a UMS converter you can use to find out your raw marks or you can ask your teacher. Maths tends to be high though, so 88 seems like a good mark.

my board is Edexcel. I found a converter for AQA on their website but nothing for Edexcel.
Do you think 88 UMS marks is above 90% raw marks? (estimate)
Original post by dan94adibi
oh so for my C1 I got 88UMS marks not 88%. Any chance when I can find a converter? I looked everywhere and used google but can't seem to find any.

Yeahh you got 88 UMS not 88%. But 88 UMS equates to an A. The raw marks is converted to ums which then works how i previously explained :smile:

Use this:
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages/grade-boundaries.aspx

go to GCE units: which shows an A to be in Economics unit 1, 68 marks out of 80. and a B to be 54 marks. So you must have got between these two marks. Which is the converted to UMS and shown in the document labelled: GCE UNIT UNIFORM MARK.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5652
Physics Unit 4 - U
Physics Unit 2 Resit - D (same as last time)
Maths Core 2 Resit - U (D last time)

Next person I come across is going to need an ice pack.
Reply 5653
All OCR:
C3 : 100
S2: 90
M2 : 54!
English Lang/Lit: D :O - I thought this went really well :frown:
I'm so glad I haven't got to do any Summer resits. Revising for the January exams really does pay off!

Now for the 6 in the Summer, followed by a few months of waiting and then an abnormal pulse a week prior to results day.
FP1 - 100
S1 - 100
D1 - 100
PHYA4-120 (Not sure how I actually got 120)
CHEM4 - 120

100 raw marks in CHEM4. :colondollar:
Original post by dan94adibi
my board is Edexcel. I found a converter for AQA on their website but nothing for Edexcel.
Do you think 88 UMS marks is above 90% raw marks? (estimate)

Very unlikely, usually UMS marks are upscaled so dependent on how everyone else did it could be as low as 50% or as high as 90% raw marks for Edexcel
I got 100% on OCR Ethics, crazily.
71 OCR History - getting it remarked as it's one off an A
70 AQA Unit 1 Biology - Resitting
Hi guys! I was wondering whether anyone could help me out please?
In my Edexcel biology 6BIO1 I got 86 (I think this is the UMS?), what grade is it?

Mine were Okish
AQA FP1 : 70B
AQA D01 : 92 A :smile:
OCR Chem Unit 1 : 78 A
OCR Bio unit 1 : 77 A
AQA Geog Skills AS : 45 B

By the way did anybody do AQA skills for geography, i was the onyl person to get a decent grade in my year, i'd like to know what others got because the marking seemed very harsh, i know people who'd worked their asses off making and learning model answers and got U's :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest