The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6520
Has anyone got their original scripts back from OCR yet? I asked for mine on the 12th March and am still waiting...
Original post by Ree69
Has anyone got their original scripts back from OCR yet? I asked for mine on the 12th March and am still waiting...

They should get to you for tomorrow. I checked with my sixth form on friday and they said none of the OCR scripts had arrived yet, but we were promised them for 26th march so tomorrow's the day :smile:
Reply 6522
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
They should get to you for tomorrow. I checked with my sixth form on friday and they said none of the OCR scripts had arrived yet, but we were promised them for 26th march so tomorrow's the day :smile:

Hah, let's hope so!
Original post by Ree69
Hah, let's hope so!

Yep :smile:

What paper did you recall?
Reply 6524
Yep :smile:

What paper did you recall?

Just a couple of maths modules, you?
Original post by Ree69
Just a couple of maths modules, you?

Just Core 3. Did you have to pay for yours?
Reply 6526
Just Core 3. Did you have to pay for yours?

Yeah, £36! (£18 each) - pretty ridiculous! Don't tell me you didn't have to pay...?
Original post by Ree69
Yeah, £36! (£18 each) - pretty ridiculous! Don't tell me you didn't have to pay...?

I did as well. But I paid £12 for mine.
What board are you with?
Original post by FO12DY
Get it remarked. Seems to me that if your right on the boundary and you have it redone, they just push it up anyway. I've never known someone's mark not go up from a remark :lol:.

I had a chemistry paper remarked and it got deducted 10 UMS marks.
Original post by D4rth
It does matter... for example if I got a B in chemistry and I need an A to do dentistry then I need to see how many raw marks/ums I need extra to pull my grade up in the second module... for me anyway, if its the end of your exams and you got an A... you got an A, who cares about UMS at that stage.

The emboldened text highlights the issue that I was specifically targetting with my initial comment. If one attains an A grade (at AS) then it should not hold any significance what UMS mark was attained. It is utterly preposterous.
Original post by MrRobbieHorton
I had a chemistry paper remarked and it got deducted 10 UMS marks.

ouch

this is what puts me off remarking.

one of my papers that i got remarked stayed the exact same - there goes my £44...
Reply 6531
im worried about the summer exams..what if i completely mess up! :/ is anyone else worried..or does everyone just feel theyre gonna smash them im worrieddddd ):
Original post by Raj K
im worried about the summer exams..what if i completely mess up! :/ is anyone else worried..or does everyone just feel theyre gonna smash them im worrieddddd ):

Im actually ****ing myself. The thing about A-levels, you may feel you did really well and have a poor mark while on the other hand you feel you did bad, then you come out with a surprising mark. A-levels are so bookey.
whats everyones revision tips
Reply 6534
Original post by CarlitosWayz12
Im actually ****ing myself. The thing about A-levels, you may feel you did really well and have a poor mark while on the other hand you feel you did bad, then you come out with a surprising mark. A-levels are so bookey.

i know right!!! im so SCARED, and i have so much pressure you dont understand..both of my older sisters have done well, one doing Medicine and another one doing Law, and im the youngest..so if i mess up not only am i gonna let myself down but my family too ): im SCARED );
Reply 6535
Original post by Raj K
i know right!!! im so SCARED, and i have so much pressure you dont understand..both of my older sisters have done well, one doing Medicine and another one doing Law, and im the youngest..so if i mess up not only am i gonna let myself down but my family too ): im SCARED );

I'm so worried about summer exams I think I constantly feel ill XD me and my sister are going to Uni at the same time (I left college in my first year due to poor subject choices but went back) and I think I'm going to be devastated if I don't get the grades I need for my firm choice :/
Reply 6536
Original post by .gina
I'm so worried about summer exams I think I constantly feel ill XD me and my sister are going to Uni at the same time (I left college in my first year due to poor subject choices but went back) and I think I'm going to be devastated if I don't get the grades I need for my firm choice :/

ahhh what grades do you need ..i need AAB for pharmacy!! right now it seems so impossible :/ it's like i wake up each morning wishing it was all a dream ..thinking im gonna die in a few months (exam time) lol
Reply 6537
Original post by Raj K
ahhh what grades do you need ..i need AAB for pharmacy!! right now it seems so impossible :/ it's like i wake up each morning wishing it was all a dream ..thinking im gonna die in a few months (exam time) lol

I need BBC/280 points for Politics at Hull with a B being in Politics. Sounds easy enough but I got D's in my two Politics exams yet A's in my other subjects (Law and English Lit)! I think I'd probably die if my offer was AAB, I'd have no chance of going to Uni lol. I just really can't wait for summer exams to be over, I've never been so stressed about anything in my life!
Reply 6538
Original post by .gina
I need BBC/280 points for Politics at Hull with a B being in Politics. Sounds easy enough but I got D's in my two Politics exams yet A's in my other subjects (Law and English Lit)! I think I'd probably die if my offer was AAB, I'd have no chance of going to Uni lol. I just really can't wait for summer exams to be over, I've never been so stressed about anything in my life!

you'll be fine !!! and all the best (: xx
Reply 6539
Original post by Raj K
you'll be fine !!! and all the best (: xx

I'm sure we both will be, it's just that horrible build-up to the exam period argh!! Good luck to you too :smile: I'm sure we'll get where we need to be! x

Quick Reply