Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Announcements Posted on
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree69)
    Yeah, £36! (£18 each) - pretty ridiculous! Don't tell me you didn't have to pay...?
    I did as well. But I paid £12 for mine.
    What board are you with?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FO12DY)
    Get it remarked. Seems to me that if your right on the boundary and you have it redone, they just push it up anyway. I've never known someone's mark not go up from a remark :lol:.
    I had a chemistry paper remarked and it got deducted 10 UMS marks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D4rth)
    It does matter... for example if I got a B in chemistry and I need an A to do dentistry then I need to see how many raw marks/ums I need extra to pull my grade up in the second module... for me anyway, if its the end of your exams and you got an A... you got an A, who cares about UMS at that stage.
    The emboldened text highlights the issue that I was specifically targetting with my initial comment. If one attains an A grade (at AS) then it should not hold any significance what UMS mark was attained. It is utterly preposterous.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrRobbieHorton)
    I had a chemistry paper remarked and it got deducted 10 UMS marks.

ouch

this is what puts me off remarking.

one of my papers that i got remarked stayed the exact same - there goes my £44...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    im worried about the summer exams..what if i completely mess up! :/ is anyone else worried..or does everyone just feel theyre gonna smash them im worrieddddd ):
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raj K)
    im worried about the summer exams..what if i completely mess up! :/ is anyone else worried..or does everyone just feel theyre gonna smash them im worrieddddd ):
    Im actually ****ing myself. The thing about A-levels, you may feel you did really well and have a poor mark while on the other hand you feel you did bad, then you come out with a surprising mark. A-levels are so bookey.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    whats everyones revision tips
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarlitosWayz12)
    Im actually ****ing myself. The thing about A-levels, you may feel you did really well and have a poor mark while on the other hand you feel you did bad, then you come out with a surprising mark. A-levels are so bookey.
    i know right!!! im so SCARED, and i have so much pressure you dont understand..both of my older sisters have done well, one doing Medicine and another one doing Law, and im the youngest..so if i mess up not only am i gonna let myself down but my family too ): im SCARED );
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raj K)
    i know right!!! im so SCARED, and i have so much pressure you dont understand..both of my older sisters have done well, one doing Medicine and another one doing Law, and im the youngest..so if i mess up not only am i gonna let myself down but my family too ): im SCARED );
    I'm so worried about summer exams I think I constantly feel ill XD me and my sister are going to Uni at the same time (I left college in my first year due to poor subject choices but went back) and I think I'm going to be devastated if I don't get the grades I need for my firm choice :/
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .gina)
    I'm so worried about summer exams I think I constantly feel ill XD me and my sister are going to Uni at the same time (I left college in my first year due to poor subject choices but went back) and I think I'm going to be devastated if I don't get the grades I need for my firm choice :/
    ahhh what grades do you need ..i need AAB for pharmacy!! right now it seems so impossible :/ it's like i wake up each morning wishing it was all a dream ..thinking im gonna die in a few months (exam time) lol
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raj K)
    ahhh what grades do you need ..i need AAB for pharmacy!! right now it seems so impossible :/ it's like i wake up each morning wishing it was all a dream ..thinking im gonna die in a few months (exam time) lol
    I need BBC/280 points for Politics at Hull with a B being in Politics. Sounds easy enough but I got D's in my two Politics exams yet A's in my other subjects (Law and English Lit)! I think I'd probably die if my offer was AAB, I'd have no chance of going to Uni lol. I just really can't wait for summer exams to be over, I've never been so stressed about anything in my life!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .gina)
    I need BBC/280 points for Politics at Hull with a B being in Politics. Sounds easy enough but I got D's in my two Politics exams yet A's in my other subjects (Law and English Lit)! I think I'd probably die if my offer was AAB, I'd have no chance of going to Uni lol. I just really can't wait for summer exams to be over, I've never been so stressed about anything in my life!
    you'll be fine !!! and all the best (: xx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raj K)
    you'll be fine !!! and all the best (: xx
    I'm sure we both will be, it's just that horrible build-up to the exam period argh!! Good luck to you too I'm sure we'll get where we need to be! x
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .gina)
    Learn to relax and study whenever you feel like it. Trust me, from personal experience I find that once you really want to do well you understand everything like clockwerk. My personal goal is A*A*A*. I've already got 2 A*'s and hoping for the third one in May. This is coming from a guy who got D's for all papers in the first AS exam. Just dont get stressed out.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azland)
    Learn to relax and study whenever you feel like it. Trust me, from personal experience I find that once you really want to do well you understand everything like clockwerk. My personal goal is A*A*A*. I've already got 2 A*'s and hoping for the third one in May. This is coming from a guy who got D's for all papers in the first AS exam. Just dont get stressed out.
    I got CDD in my AS year so I'd say I've already done a pretty good turnaround - I resat my English Lit AS from a D and got it up to 114/120. I actually think it may have been misinterpretation of the essay questions for politics and I didn't realise what I really needed to put in, so I guess past papers will help there. Congratulations on going from all D's to A*'s though, that's amazing! I'll try not to get too stressed and just focus
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on EMPAs (SCIENCE). Sorry, that this may be out of the discussion, but I suspected most people here would be in A2. I think I did quite crap in them :/....My theory grade for unit 1 is good though...Any advice?

Thanks!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a photocopy of my economics
    said I got 59/80
    But the boundary for an A was 58/80 and apparently I have 79 UMS ?!

Did they remark it before they sent? What is going on !
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel637)
    Did anyone get an A in ccea chemistry module 4?
    Yes my friend got an A in A21 CCEA chem exam!!!!

However there was only on e A and One B in my class!!!!

I got a D wht did u get?????
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moiraclaire)
    Got a photocopy of my economics
    said I got 59/80
    But the boundary for an A was 58/80 and apparently I have 79 UMS ?!

Did they remark it before they sent? What is going on !
    Admin error?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azland)
    hi..can i ask you how you revise? do you just use your notes?? how exactly did you make your revision and exam techniques change from getting a D to an A*? thanksssss!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 7, 2013
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.