The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shaminn
Haha, i went last two December's ago, wasn't that bad as I have a lot of family there. But I really wouldn't bother going back there.
Do you live there?

And thank you, hope you do well in any exams you're waiting on.

Yep, here since birth :smile: still can't get enough of this place :')

Reply 961
hi everyone....right recently ive been feeling really down about my exam results. i get them in two weeks and i cant stop thinking about them. i tried my very hardest to work for them but i came out the exam and i read all the unoffical mark scheme on here and i feel really bad. i knew what to write but i just didnt, because i didnt get enought sleep the night before and i was exhausted and my exam was in the afternoon. im just worried that my teacher will get mad at me because i get all A's in my class tests. i understand its over and done with now, but what can i do in the meantime to think positive about it?? thanks
Reply 962
Original post by m155
hi everyone....right recently ive been feeling really down about my exam results. i get them in two weeks and i cant stop thinking about them. i tried my very hardest to work for them but i came out the exam and i read all the unoffical mark scheme on here and i feel really bad. i knew what to write but i just didnt, because i didnt get enought sleep the night before and i was exhausted and my exam was in the afternoon. im just worried that my teacher will get mad at me because i get all A's in my class tests. i understand its over and done with now, but what can i do in the meantime to think positive about it?? thanks

A lot of people feel that they have done bad so its common to feel that way. Also you shouldn't have looked at the unofficial mark scheme as it just makes you feel worse. I'd advise you to think about your exams in May/June. Just try and ace them and if you do do bad in the Jan exams you can always resit.
Reply 963
I'm getting 3 results (maths: C2, C3 and M1). The only one I'm not looking forward to is C3. :s
Reply 964
Original post by TLK
A lot of people feel that they have done bad so its common to feel that way. Also you shouldn't have looked at the unofficial mark scheme as it just makes you feel worse. I'd advise you to think about your exams in May/June. Just try and ace them and if you do do bad in the Jan exams you can always resit.

i know i shoulndt have but i thought i had done well. I know there is the option of resits but i dont really want to do them because i am finding module 2 really hard atm. thanks for your advice anyway.
Reply 965
Original post by m155
i know i shoulndt have but i thought i had done well. I know there is the option of resits but i dont really want to do them because i am finding module 2 really hard atm. thanks for your advice anyway.

What subject is this? Also for my Jan exams I got B,D,E and resat them all and ended up with AAB for my AS so don't stress just start revising from now and make a timetable. Also some people have good and bad days just really depends on the exam paper. I'm sure you'll do well and good luck :biggrin:
2 weeks from now I'll be sat at home feeling nice and disappointed. Yay.
Reply 967
Original post by TLK
What subject is this? Also for my Jan exams I got B,D,E and resat them all and ended up with AAB for my AS so don't stress just start revising from now and make a timetable. Also some people have good and bad days just really depends on the exam paper. I'm sure you'll do well and good luck :biggrin:

i do biology,chemistry, maths and geography...and im feeling bad about all!! ahh well done, i do understand i resat my geography gcse (i know a-levels are different) and i got an A* so i was chuffed. its just that feeling of knowing how much effort you put in, and you want a good result at the end of the day. but i just cant get it out of my head!! arrrgghhh!!!
Reply 968
Original post by EffKayy
Chill out dude, you've done fine lol

I hope so because i no for a fact if i beat her "A" grade student she's gna use that against hims i'm cruel but imwant that to happen due to the fact his full of excess exposed pride!
Reply 969
Original post by m155
i do biology,chemistry, maths and geography...and im feeling bad about all!! ahh well done, i do understand i resat my geography gcse (i know a-levels are different) and i got an A* so i was chuffed. its just that feeling of knowing how much effort you put in, and you want a good result at the end of the day. but i just cant get it out of my head!! arrrgghhh!!!

Yeah I know how you feel, my maths mechanics exam didn't go well. I blanked out on each of the big questions and struggled to do the big 11 marker question at the end. But since its a AS module I need to get enough marks to keep my A average so I'm not that worried. Just try and do something to keep your mind of it.
Reply 970
Original post by ikz94
I hope so because i no for a fact if i beat her "A" grade student she's gna use that against hims i'm cruel but imwant that to happen due to the fact his full of excess exposed pride!

For psychology?
Lol an A grade student will remain an A grade student - so..
Reply 971
Original post by TLK
Yeah I know how you feel, my maths mechanics exam didn't go well. I blanked out on each of the big questions and struggled to do the big 11 marker question at the end. But since its a AS module I need to get enough marks to keep my A average so I'm not that worried. Just try and do something to keep your mind of it.

i know, im just gonna forget and realise that i cant do anything about it now. i always say that things happen for a reason, so depending on how i did will all be because of a reason.
Reply 972
Original post by EffKayy
For psychology?
Lol an A grade student will remain an A grade student - so..

Yeh i know but it would be nice to steal the limelight :wink: though i know he's gna get his A damn it i just want an A out of the two papers is that hard to ask for btw not intende to anyone but hope my psychology papers is not marked by a jewish :tongue:
Reply 973
Original post by ikz94
Yeh i know but it would be nice to steal the limelight :wink: though i know he's gna get his A damn it i just want an A out of the two papers is that hard to ask for btw not intende to anyone but hope my psychology papers is not marked by a jewish :tongue:

Why dont you want your paper marked by a Jew? Are they going to give you less marks? Stupid child.

Well supposing you got an A at AS, you should get an A in PSYA3 as for psychology A grade students will remain A grade students, D grade students will remain D grade students.
Reply 974
Original post by ikz94

?? :confused:
Reply 975
Original post by EffKayy
Why dont you want your paper marked by a Jew? Are they going to give you less marks? Stupid child.

Well supposing you got an A at AS, you should get an A in PSYA3 as for psychology A grade students will remain A grade students, D grade students will remain D grade students.

i'm not and a grade student my current grade stands at a d :frown: not great i now but hope i got an a in one of the papers.
Reply 976
Original post by ikz94
i'm not and a grade student my current grade stands at a d :frown: not great i now but hope i got an a in one of the papers.

k.
Original post by m155

don't worry, it's not worth it. I panicked over summer because I read the maths markschemes and according to the real grade boundaries published the day before I thought I'd got 70umsish, I must have remembered something massively wrong when I was on here coz i got 86...
also, you tried your hardest, you couldn't have done much more!
Reply 978
Original post by EffKayy

LOL! i have afeeling this is gna get negged but you see its a pvt joke being a muslim and getting your paper marked by a jew aint great???
Reply 979
Original post by ikz94
LOL! i have afeeling this is gna get negged but you see its a pvt joke being a muslim and getting your paper marked by a jew aint great???

Hilarious.

Quick Reply

Latest