AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by GreenLantern1
OCR

EDIT: What board are you on?

You do AS physics?
Original post by Jessca
ouch - gotta love good ol' kidney failure! I have a blood test this coming friday for anemia but apart from that its all good I guess :smile: never had a blood test before so scared!! :frown:

ooohh blood tests, my favourite :tongue: the NHS has probably taken several pints of my blood for tests over the past couple of years :biggrin:

if you dont mind needles/are okay with a slight stinging then you should be fine :smile:
Original post by ElMoro
You do AS physics?

Yeah. I'm on OCR B Advancing Physics. Did G491 Physics in Action exam in jan.
Original post by shaminn
Oh I see. I'm doing Macro now, and I find it quite simple...let's hope it stays that way through the exam. And yeahhh here's to hoping the multiple choice was strong for me.

And I bet you'll be fine, because the marking for the economics on edexcel seems to be quite flexible.

Should do! Macro is wayyyy more interesting, I love the fact that I can actually watch the news now and understand what they're going on about :tongue:

Fingers crossed! Yeaah, it does, if you know your stuff haha
If I don't get an A in this exam, bye bye uni :s-smilie:
I'm getting Psychology unit 1 back, everytime I think about it my pulse rises.. so scared
Oh yh I've been meaning to ask. When do the OCR raw marks to UMS grade boundaries get released? :smile:
Original post by whatever_x
Should do! Macro is wayyyy more interesting, I love the fact that I can actually watch the news now and understand what they're going on about :tongue:

Fingers crossed! Yeaah, it does, if you know your stuff haha
If I don't get an A in this exam, bye bye uni :s-smilie:

Yeahh! I actually now understand the lingo on the news haha! I'm sure you'll get an A, that's what i'm after - hopefully 90UMS+

Make sure you let me know how you do :smile:
Reply 1107
Oh blimey.

I re-took my English Language (Got one mark off an A) and my Film Studies (Got a D T_T) AS exams in January. I know I really screwed them up as I couldn't focus properly >_<

Not looking forward to the results haha!
Hurry up March 8th!!!!! :cry:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Oh yh I've been meaning to ask. When do the OCR raw marks to UMS grade boundaries get released? :smile:

Most of the grade boundaries get published the day before results day (7th March) IIRC :smile:
Not really looking forward to it :erm:
Original post by shaminn
Yeahh! I actually now understand the lingo on the news haha! I'm sure you'll get an A, that's what i'm after - hopefully 90UMS+

Make sure you let me know how you do :smile:

Good luckk!
& will do, let me know how you do as well, and it better not be less than 90 UMS! haha :tongue:
how many days left - too scared to count hehe:redface:
11 days :s good luck!!!
Reply 1114
wow a week went by quick hope this week to come does and then only few more sleeps!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: but i know someones gna tempt me on fb to go on moodle the night before saying the results are on there?????
how many days left - too scared to count hehe:redface:

11 days by my count :smile:
I'm sure you'll have done great, good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by TheCookieduck
11 days by my count :smile:
I'm sure you'll have done great, good luck!! :biggrin:

Cheers and same to you!:wink:
girl.jpg
Original post by tooambitious
girl.jpg

You know there actually isn't an extra day to wait. If it had been chosen to release results every year on the 8th March rather than a day in the week (monday,tuesday,wednesday etc..) then therer would be an extra day, but this isn't the case!

It has been set to fall on the 2nd thursday of the month.
So the leap year day still takes a day, and we don't have to wait an extra day.

I'm so tired of having to explain this to everyone.

If it wasn't a leap year we would simply get our results on the 9th March, which would be a thursday (a day later as the 29th wouldn't have taken up a day). The same period of time would still have elapsed!
You know there actually isn't an extra day to wait. If it had been chosen to release results every year on the 8th March rather than a day in the week (monday,tuesday,wednesday etc..) then therer would be an extra day, but this isn't the case!

It has been set to fall on the 2nd thursday of the month.
So the leap year day still takes a day, and we don't have to wait an extra day.

I'm so tired of having to explain this to everyone.

If it wasn't a leap year we would simply get our results on the 9th March, which would be a thursday (a day later as the 29th wouldn't have taken up a day). The same period of time would still have elapsed!

ok well sorry for that, but im having to add an extra day to my estimation, as i knew results day was on the 8th, but did not realise it was a leap year, i didnt think, oh results day is always on the second thursday of the month, i thought oh results day is on the 8th of March, oh thats a Thursday.

weren't *, im so tired of having to explain that to everyone

nobody asked you to, you dont have to be an ass

Quick Reply

Latest