Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tullia)
    That's rather pointless. The degree level content, I mean. My teacher will go into A2 content with me - I'm currently doing AS - but that is only because I'm quite capable and sometimes, like with equilibria, it is worthwhile for him to teach me the AS content and then build upon it with the A2 content straight away.

For my January exam I completed all the relevant past papers and so my teacher did give me older papers to attempt, but only the questions that were still on the new syllabus. Different formats and so on to test my ability to decipher what I was being asked when it was put differently.

You have every right to ask if you don't understand something straight away, as that is what they're there to do - assist and facilitate in your learning. You shouldn't be having to spend money on a tutor and be using up more of your time because they are approaching teaching in entirely the wrong way.
    oh, thats cool, like for january exams at AS he gave us one past paper and we did that and he gave us that for our mock so we couldnt really test ourselves..i decided to get myself some past papers and go through them lol

Even this year we were supposed to do a mock for chem 4 and he gave us a past paper and he goes you might want to look through it properly so we did and when we did the mock it was exactly the same LOL kinda funneh

I think the exams this year were kinda hard ugh!! i just hope i dont have to resit. As for the tutor, it reinforces my learning so i guess its not really wasting money, i was on U's and now im being predicted C-D's (: and the good thing is i actually came from BTEC science at GCSE and i remember at AS i didnt even know how to work out molecular masses whilst everyone else did as they were from GCSE..but ive worked hard and done it!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamcusirinzon)
    Seriously? Complaining about business studies? It's purely common sense and simple. Easiest A-level out there
    Do you do business studies? if not then you clearly have no understanding of it. Love to see you get A* in every business paper with that attitude, :rolleyes: kids these days.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ +1
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1platinum)
    Will the grade boundaries be on the respective exam board websites?
    Yep on Wednesday morning
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suicidaloverbusiness)
    All exam boards will update their grade boundaries the day before results, so you can get hold of the relevant information on the 7th of March.
    Thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly 1 week left :s
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do people recommend looking at the grade boundaries the day before or does it make things worse??
    I took biol4, biol1(aqa),geo1 and geo4(edexcel), Did anyone else take these if so what did they think?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not worried at all here! Already know that I pretty much got high As in my modules. Expecting 100 or very close to 100 in the maths modules, chemistry would be surprised if I got below 90%.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Executioner)
    Exactly 1 week left :s
    D: Nooooooo I am dreading next week I only had 3 but 1 was really bad :'(
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    Not worried at all here! Already know that I pretty much got high As in my modules. Expecting 100 or very close to 100 in the maths modules, chemistry would be surprised if I got below 90%.
    As you've said about 4 times already in this thread. :rolleyes:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    I "kind of" got an early result today for my chemistry ISA, which was promising. (I say kind of as I know ISA results arent given out on results day anyway and is different for each school/it still has to be moderated and all that jazz).

March 8th just needs to get here quicker!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im Ready for 5 exam results. Actually im ****ting It

Bio 1 (ocr)
    Bio 4 (ocr)
    Chem 2 ( ocr salters)
    chem 4 ( ocr salters)
    Islam As (ocr)

This time next week, we will know what we have got. HURRY UP March 8thhhh. pLEASEEE
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mocking_bird)
    As you've said about 4 times already in this thread. :rolleyes:
    LMAO we shall see what he gets..
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Really starting to feel ill at the thought of next week: 2 x25 mark essays due in monday and tuesday, finishing coursework write up on monday, timed controversy essay on wednesday, results on thursday as well as a biology tests on gas exchange and digestion :cry2:

edit: why the neg?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My school's decided to have our target day on the 8th as well so I get my results and a report :indiff: I am actually going to cry
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    why do you have to come on here and boast?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiakhan)
    Do people recommend looking at the grade boundaries the day before or does it make things worse??
    I took biol4, biol1(aqa),geo1 and geo4(edexcel), Did anyone else take these if so what did they think?
    i did bio 4...i did alright in some parts and bad in some parts...i just hope i have no resits! wbu??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoftMusk)
    i did bio 4...i did alright in some parts and bad in some parts...i just hope i have no resits! wbu??
    Pretty much the same, some questions were challenging such as the hsw ones near the end but others were ok. just wait and see now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManPowa)
    LMAO we shall see what he gets..
    Lol
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiakhan)
    Pretty much the same, some questions were challenging such as the hsw ones near the end but others were ok. just wait and see now.
    yeahh i hated that root one lol i cant remember it properly and then the near to the last 4 marker question about how atp is good for its job i messed up because i wrote about how its used lol -.- sad times i dont wanna sit any of my a2's id rather sit as chem 1 lol as i did chem 1, bio 2, bio 4 and chem 4 :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 7, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.