The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Idea No. 1 : All members should be made to vote in all polls (even if they choose to abstain, the option should be there).
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
For your idea- I think we agreed that when there is a poll the SG should mass message everybody.
Reply 4
Nightowl
For your idea- I think we agreed that when there is a poll the SG should mass message everybody.

OK, thanx. Now, we need to debate the lack of appearances by the US and other major countries. I have now emailed the SG, listing countries I haven't seen post, and await his reply
Reply 5
I think I'll give my batch till Saturday evening to respond then I will open the polls. I forogt to mention Carl is on holiday and so we can let him off :P
Reply 6
Nightowl
I think I'll give my batch till Saturday evening to respond then I will open the polls. I forogt to mention Carl is on holiday and so we can let him off :P

Oh, OK, sure. Carl, you're forgiven (for now :smile: ) I think a United States poll takes priority, as we need a rep for the US participating ASAP. Most of the discussions have a lot to do with America, especially Israel / Palestine, Iran and North Korea.
Reply 7
OK, so what I think is that it does no harm to move these people to less significant countries, because the reason we want them removed anyway is because they represent significant countries... no one would really care if Guinea-Basseu wsn't posting would they?

There should also be a rough hierarchy of significance
Reply 8
aaronc2
OK, so what I think is that it does no harm to move these people to less significant countries, because the reason we want them removed anyway is because they represent significant countries... no one would really care if Guinea-Basseu wsn't posting would they?

But what is the point of them actually having countries if they don't post? There is none. Just expell them if they don't bother to turn up.
Reply 9
When a major country becomes vacant, members should be given 24 hours to announce their candidacy, they should write a brief manifesto in the poll thread outlining why they should be voted, and then the vote should be open for 48 hours - methinks
Reply 10
Okie doke, I am going to put all my batch in one poll and make it so you can choose more than one rep to remove. Including if you wish, all of them. :P

I might do that now actually, make it close on Sunday and say they are exempt if they post in the poll explaining the reason theyve been away.
Reply 11
brimstone1
But what is the point of them actually having countries if they don't post? There is none. Just expell them if they don't bother to turn up.

maybe they do, but just rarely, I really cant see any reason not to assign them to vacant countries - its sort of like the real UN, often countries with no clought have nothing to say
Reply 12
Nightowl
Okie doke, I am going to put all my batch in one poll and make it so you can choose more than one rep to remove. Including if you wish, all of them. :P

I might do that now actually, make it close on Sunday and say they are exempt if they post in the poll explaining the reason theyve been away.

oh right yeh good idea, I was referring to what happens whenit becomes vacant though
Reply 13
aaronc2
maybe they do, but just rarely, I really cant see any reason not to assign them to vacant countries - its sort of like the real UN, often countries with no clought have nothing to say

If they post "rarely" there is no point of them being in the MUN.
Reply 14
aaronc2

Well I would care if Guinea-Basseu wasn't posting, because theyre not doing what they're supposed to do which is represent their country. Plus if someone new came and wanted to be Guinnea-Basseu Its taken up by a waste of MUN space.
Reply 15
Nightowl

Good idea - the sooner they're gone, the better :wink:
Reply 16
Nightowl
Well I would care if Guinea-Basseu wasn't posting, because theyre not doing what they're supposed to do which is represent their country. Plus if someone new came and wanted to be Guinnea-Basseu Its taken up by a waste of MUN space.

Agreed. If someone is posting here rarely, or not at all, it's pointless them representing a nation.
Reply 17
yes.. that is the counter-argument I suppose, but if someone really,really wanted to be Guinea-Bassau, we could have a vote of no confidence in Guinea-Bassau, as, by virtue of supply/demand, Guinea Bassau will have become significant
Reply 18
look... beggars cant be choosers, there seem to be very few active members on this... why not let them keep a country in the vain hope that they might post every so often? - and it really wouldnt matter if they didnt
Reply 19
aaronc2
look... beggars cant be choosers, there seem to be very few active members on this... why not let them keep a country in the vain hope that they might post every so often? - and it really wouldnt matter if they didnt

Judging by the fact that they haven't posted in months in the MUN, yet visit other areas of TSR, I doubt that they would suddenly decide to start posting again.

Edit : How come the voting thread is closed, nightowl?

Latest

Trending

Trending