Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Medicine There were approx 800ish applications for 35 spaces :eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got accepted for Anglo-Saxon Norse and Celtic at Cambridge (13th-17th). Who else is doing it?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard)
    Rejected for Medicine There were approx 800ish applications for 35 spaces :eek:
    Woaahhhh guess I'll be expecting a rejection then :/
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snarafe)
    Just got accepted for Anglo-Saxon Norse and Celtic at Cambridge (13th-17th). Who else is doing it?
    Me also! Well excited

I'm in Johns for accommodation
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for Cambridge Medicine summer school !
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Cambridge maths. Apparently there were 4000 applicant for 400 places. Thats 10 per place so its actually harder to get into the summer school than the uni. But i got a place on this 'cambridge new initiative' hingy. Its where you get set a task and you have to complete it in 3 weeks with a load of othe maths applicants and discuss via a website they'll giv and then you go to cambridge for one day to experience lectures and group sessions....kinda disappointed but at least i get to do something
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from cambridge computer science, but got on to a fe summer school thing? anyone going to that?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for Law at Cambridge
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got accepted for Medicine at Cambridge
    Did anybody else get accepted for medicine?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iCiaran)
    Well done!

Few hours til I find out yet, what criteria did you meet?
    Thanks! Really hope you get in as well.

I met all 6 criteria, so lucky me

4000 applications for 400 places. Gosh that is really tough.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkat19)
    Rejected from Cambridge maths. Apparently there were 4000 applicant for 400 places. Thats 10 per place so its actually harder to get into the summer school than the uni. But i got a place on this 'cambridge new initiative' hingy. Its where you get set a task and you have to complete it in 3 weeks with a load of othe maths applicants and discuss via a website they'll giv and then you go to cambridge for one day to experience lectures and group sessions....kinda disappointed but at least i get to do something
    Unlucky. I was hoping you were going to get in because I'm doing maths and it would be nice to know someone from here.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieInWonderland)
    Hello I got accepted at Durham too what were the other courses, I got accepted onto modern languages Well done on getting accepted!!!!
    Heeey!! One girl got accepted for maths and the other got accepted for Anthrapology, I got accepted for English. Thank you! Well done to you getting accepted as well! Are you lookiong forward to it yet?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get in for Computer Science at Cambridge...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the reserve list for Architecture at Cambridge, it says there's only 4 to 6 for each course, anyone else a reserve?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for Chemistry, ah well! :rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieInWonderland)
    Hello I'm doing Languages but still I am going to Durham, I'm so excited I never thought I'd get in!!! Slightly nervous though are you?
    Okay so now I know someone doing languages, on top of others doing maths, English and history, but nobody else seems to be studying the same thing as I am! I'm nervous but god I'm excited to meet you all, its gonna be so fun
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a place for the Biological Sciences at Cambridge

Genuinely didn't believe I would get in, matched only 4/6 criteria, well done to all others accepted and commiserations to those who didn't get a place on this occasion :-)
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by Cambridge for Medicine, but I've been offered a place on their Experience Cambridge: Medicine event, with group working for 3 weeks and a day in Cambridge for sample lectures etc. so I'm not too annoyed xD
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for philosophy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haven't even heard from Cambridge in the post today! Did everyone else get letters? :L

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.