The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sagacious
I got rejected for Physics.

Congratulations, you are superior :smile:

* I also got rejected from UNIQ Oxford. Life's good.. :'(

Commiserations, its probably down to the fact that I live in a pretty economically dire area, very little to do with grades I suspect.
Who else got a place on the Cambridge initiative: maths
Got in for Economics at Cambridge. :smile: Anyone else get a place?
Original post by Sagacious
I got rejected for Physics.

Congratulations, you are superior :smile:

* I also got rejected from UNIQ Oxford. Life's good.. :'(

I got rejected by both too! and i was appling for a subject which isnt very popular, knocked my self confidence alot :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Do Cambridge send an e-mail or a paper letter?
Got my rejection letter for Medicine at Camrbidge today :frown: im gutted. Didn't apply anywhere else either. Was my school tutor supposed to submit a reference with my application? Because all she did was confirm my applicaion buy didnt give any additional info.
Original post by PythianLegume
Do Cambridge send an e-mail or a paper letter?

letter
Rejected...

Was definitely expecting it and I'm not too upset, quite relieved actually! My summer is insanely full as it is. I didn't fulfil the important school/local area criteria.

However have got a place for 'Experience Cambridge: English & History'. Has anyone else? Unfortunately won't be able to take up on mine probably as I will be at Eton for a chunk of the 3 week period and will be in Tanzania for the final day. Bummer, it sounds wonderful.
Original post by Larry31
Aw I'm sorry :frown: Did you get onto the Cambridge Initiative? :O

No I didn't... I had no chance despite fitting all the criteria as my school's reputation is too high.

I don't mind I don't deserve a place really and my school runs its own summer schools at Cambridge every summer anyway :biggrin:
Rejected for Medicine! Slightly gutted, thought I was in with a pretty good chance :L
Reply 1030

Cheers she put /wp/forms on my letter or is that cause I'm a reserve maybe??

Do you know your reference number, I cant find mine on my sheet?

cheers
Reply 1031
Rejected for English, only met 5 criteria so not too surprised :P well done everyone!
Original post by kitkat19
Who else got a place on the Cambridge initiative: maths

Congrats!!!! :hugs:
Rejected like a b****. Got a place on the Experience Cambridge: Physics & Engineering t'ing though, anyone else?
Original post by dannyoh

cheers

Err I'm not too sure mate about that, it could be that. Contact them if you're not sure.

Nah I didn't have a reference number, I just left it blank :smile:
Original post by sophieashley
I got rejected by both too! and i was appling for a subject which isnt very popular, knocked my self confidence alot :frown:

Hmm, what did you apply for? Don't let it knock your confidence. One will always get knocked down on the path to success. Just smash your summer exams and then apply to Cam and you should stand a chance. :smile:

Original post by Perpetuallity
Commiserations, its probably down to the fact that I live in a pretty economically dire area, very little to do with grades I suspect.

Hmm, I live in a poor area too. My GCSE grades were the weakest thing about my application. Either way, I guess the competition was just too fierce.
Original post by dannyoh

cheers

I just left it blank - wasn't a mandatory field :smile:
Reply 1037
Original post by placebo24
Me also! Well excited :biggrin:

I'm in Johns for accommodation :smile:

I'm in St Johns too - looks amazing! Can't find my reference number anywhere either, hope its not important!
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone heard from Cambridge yet? It's taking sooo long!! :unimpressed:
Original post by Larry31
Yay! I had the grades, first generation for uni, under 18 :P and the relevant subjects :P I didn't meet any of the socio-economic factors :frown: but hey :smile: I'm just pleased to be doing something :smile: Do you reckon everyone who was rejected got invited or not? What criteria did you meet? :biggrin:

I think I only met 4/6 (under 18, grades, poor school and studying relevant subjects). Was expecting an outright rejection since I was anticipating the competitiveness but I'm pleased that they at least gave me an alternative :smile: Don't think everybody who was rejected got offered the alternative though. 853 applications for 35 places :eek:

Did you apply for UNIQ? I did and didn't get a place, though I thought I suited their criteria more :frown: Ah well, Cambridge is still the dream!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending