Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    for bio at cambridge
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lost And Confused)
    Thanks

Bad luck with yours However that experience thing sounds pretty useful Especially when you consider that there were far more applications per place for the Medicine summer school than there actually will be for the undergraduate course so the fact that they don't want to pass up an opportunity to work with you should give you confidence :borat:
    Hope you enjoy it
    Have a wonderful time, make good use of it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snarafe)
    It really fits in with my a levels and its one of those rare courses where you can do Literature, History and Languages! MML and Linguistics seems really cool too, do you have any idea which languages you'll specialize in? See you in St Johns
    Oh cool, which A-levels are you doing? I really want to do pure Linguistics, but maybe German as well as a joint-honours degree. See you there indeed!

(Original post by Lost And Confused)
    I'm in for Biological Sciences
    Well done on getting in btw :cool:
    Well done to you too! See you there.

(Original post by Malty11)
    I'm doing Spanish, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Critical thinking. You?
    German, English Language, Latin and Classical Civilisation. So many people on here are doing 5 (or more) :eek:

(Original post by Malty11)
    I'm travelling from Oxfordshire so we might be on the same train from London
    Maybe I so want to find someone coming from Southampton...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do maths further maths physics chemistry, didn't see the point in anything else
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshT153)
    Ahh good i was just checking, as i havent had anything back either. I'm from the Isle of Wight lol you ?
    That's ok then . You've got quite a long way to travel from then! I'm from the West Midlands
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyburns)
    hehe, i do chemistry (ew), english lit, history and geography! you? me either im excited now!
    I do german, history (I love both of these), biology (not so bad!) and chemistry (I would rather spork my eyes out...) Apparently A2 is 50% maths, that's that out of the question then!!!:')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GramesJ)
    Hi, i got accepted to do English at Durham aswell. Can't wait.
    I got accepted into English as well! 19th-24th August yes? can't wait either.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerfrau)
    Oh cool, which A-levels are you doing? I really want to do pure Linguistics, but maybe German as well as a joint-honours degree. See you there indeed!
    I do German (which is an awesome language ), English, History and Biology, what about you?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosieInWonderland)
    I do german, history (I love both of these), biology (not so bad!) and chemistry (I would rather spork my eyes out...) Apparently A2 is 50% maths, that's that out of the question then!!!:')
    I share the same feelings as you about chemistry!! Hahah i heard the same, im dropping it straight after my exams i can't imagine another year of it :')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got in for History of Art at Oxford and also got in to History at Cambridge, feel kinda guilty for getting both haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snarafe)
    I do German (which is an awesome language ), English, History and Biology, what about you?
    Yay German (ich auch) Magst du die Wise Guys? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PZDe_soPj0 Oooh English Lit or Lang? I do English Language, Classical Civilisation, German and Latin. Finding the revision stage quite tough for some of them
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saim101)
    I read your comment at the bottom and would like to say, my Girlfriend is the most geekiest student who will EVER apply to Cambridge for medicine. She does 7 AS's Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and Geography. She also does rowing :P
    I'd recommend that you do this summer thing, person who started the thread. You will stand out from the crowd because you have to remember, the people who apply to Medicine most of the time do get the grades it's the people with the extra-curriculum activities that get the places at universities

If you read my signature it actually says nothing about me applying to Cambridge. Secondly it is a personal joke and is not serious.

Also I honestly don't care what subjects your girlfriend does or how "geeky" she is, or how rowing makes her "geeky" or better than the rest of us in someway.

What summer thing are you talking about?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paigemjames)
    Did you get on Sutton trust of the FE summer school?
    I applied for that too!
    I applied to the Sutton Trust Gonville and Caius College Summer school from the 13th to 17th of August. Did you get in?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerfrau)
    Yay German (ich auch) Magst du die Wise Guys? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PZDe_soPj0 Oooh English Lit or Lang? I do English Language, Classical Civilisation, German and Latin. Finding the revision stage quite tough for some of them
    Ja, Ich liebe die Wise Guys - Ich erkannte Ihren Benutzernamen (Schlag mich Baby Noch einmal und Powerfrau sind meine lieblingsdeutschlieden)! I do English Lit but I wish I could do English language as I much preferred it at GCSE. Do you have to study any texts or is it all unseen? It must be tough doing Latin and German, I know I'm finding the amount of vocab overwhelming just for German!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieashley)
    Has anyone applied to cambridge for theology?
    I did! Did you get accepted? I got accepted and I am going to the Gonville and Caius college on the 13th of August until the 17th.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was told today that the selection process was completely random which really dis-heartnened me, making me feel that I've fluked my way into the summer school. Is that true ??
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EsmeA)
    Hey! Opposite for me, didn't apply to UNIQ because I didn't fit any of the criteria really, but I got accepted to Eton for History! What did you get accepted for? I'm staying in Common Lane house, what about you?

There's an Eton Summer School thread lurking about somewhere too, if you're interested.
    Hey! Cool! I got into biology with chemistry. And yeah, I'm staying in Common Lane House too! I'm a bit worried though because the dates clash with the Cambridge and UCL open days....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie21)
    If you read my signature it actually says nothing about me applying to Cambridge. Secondly it is a personal joke and is not serious.

Also I honestly don't care what subjects your girlfriend does or how "geeky" she is, or how rowing makes her "geeky" or better than the rest of us in someway.

What summer thing are you talking about?
    Haha, you sound so bitter that you've just been completely outdone.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davsters)
    Haha, you sound so bitter that you've just been completely outdone.
    How have I been outdone in any way or form?

I'm just getting irritated with people asking me about my signature all the time...its an inside joke... get over it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge for Physics

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.