The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beth <3
Does anyone know how to find out your school's UCAS number? Is it just the same as the centre number...? I'm thinking of applying for medicine at either Bristol or Cambridge, but not sure which I'd have a better chance of getting in.. :/

It not the same as the centre number. You can search for the UCAS number on the application form by entering your school's postcode.
Original post by wren94

Original post by wren94
I went on it last year :smile:

ah that's really good, so you must have so much good experience from it :smile:
Reply 102
considering applying for chemistry at cambridge but i'm feeling really nervous about it!
Reply 103
Has anyone applied to sociology and social anthropology at cambridge? I have :biggrin:
I went on the Cambridge one last summer and I would encourage anyone to apply, I had a great time!

There's also the FE Summer School at Cambridge for people currently studying at further education colleges (I also went on this one)
And the UNIQ Summer School which is the Oxford equivalent of the Sutton Trust ones. :smile:
I applied for Law at Cambridge :smile: probably no chance I'll get in but worth a try! aha
Original post by wren94
Which one did you go to out of interest? :L

Nottingham :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by Folks
considering applying for chemistry at cambridge but i'm feeling really nervous about it!

I was the same except i'm thinking of applying for the medicine one :smile: I definitely gonna apply for it! You might as well try :tongue:

Original post by Lovefoxxx_93
I went on the Cambridge one last summer and I would encourage anyone to apply, I had a great time!

There's also the FE Summer School at Cambridge for people currently studying at further education colleges (I also went on this one)
And the UNIQ Summer School which is the Oxford equivalent of the Sutton Trust ones. :smile:

Hey! What subject did you do? And it was it easy to like mingle with everyone else there and make friends? :smile:

Original post by kateeeeey
I put law as my reserve choice :biggrin: I'm the same, but we'll never know unless we try!

Is there a reserve choice? I thought it was just one subject you picked? :confused:
Reply 108
Original post by soph-a-loaf
I applied for Law at Cambridge :smile: probably no chance I'll get in but worth a try! aha

I'm thinking the same about the "probably no chance i'll get in" thing but at least we can say we tried :redface:
Hey! What subject did you do? And it was it easy to like mingle with everyone else there and make friends? :smile:

Well, I'm a pretty introverted person and I managed to always have people to talk and joke with. In the evening there were several hours of free time to just sit and chat or play card games etc which were great for getting to know people who weren't in my smaller subject group.

And I did MML (Modern and Medieval Languages) :smile:
Original post by LaydurrDude
I'm thinking the same about the "probably no chance i'll get in" thing but at least we can say we tried :redface:

yeah definitely! nothing to lose haha :smile:
Reply 111

Is there a reserve choice? I thought it was just one subject you picked? :confused:

I'm sure there's a reserve choice, or like a second choice? Maybe I'm wrong and I put completely the wrong thing hahaha :s-smilie:
Reply 112
[QUOTE=LaydurrDude;35998962

Oh wait ignore me, I think I'm talking about the wrong thing :wink:
Reply 113
Original post by Kaylaleigh
Nottingham :smile:

Awesome :smile: Cambridge was the only one offering Music :L :biggrin:
Reply 114
Original post by Lovefoxxx_93
Well, I'm a pretty introverted person and I managed to always have people to talk and joke with. In the evening there were several hours of free time to just sit and chat or play card games etc which were great for getting to know people who weren't in my smaller subject group.

And I did MML (Modern and Medieval Languages) :smile:

You know the way it says the only money you need is for personal spending? Well is there even any time to do this since everything is timetabled? :redface:
Reply 115
Original post by wren94
Nope, it's all arranged for you and the tickets are sent to you in advance. It depends where other people from your week are coming from, but many people will get to the station at the same time and on the way back when you know loads of people you're bound to have company on the way home :smile:

They'd find a way to get you there; one of the people there for music was from N.I. and another from Scotland and they organised it all for them :biggrin:

What college were you at? :smile: I think for the week i'm looking at it's Christ's College :tongue: Oh, and out of interest, how many of the criteria things did you meet? Think i meet 4 out of 6 :redface:
Reply 116
What college were you at? :smile: I think for the week i'm looking at it's Christ's College :tongue: Oh, and out of interest, how many of the criteria things did you meet? Think i meet 4 out of 6 :redface:

Fitzwilliam :smile: *checks to see what the criteria were* I'd meet 4 of them too this year :smile: although I think there were 7 categories last year because one was to do with EMA so 4 out of 7 last year for me :smile:
Reply 117

The criteria are what's holding me back from applying too:

1) will be the first generation in their family to attend university
2) have achieved at least 5 A/A*s at GCSE
3) come from neighbourhoods with low overallprogression rates to higher education
4) are taking relevant subjects in relation to the subject stream they are applying for
5) attend schools or colleges with a low overall A level (or equivalent) point score
6) are under the age of 18 at the time of the summer school

1) Dad went to university 40 years ago
2) Yeah
3) Full of retired people, is that a yes or a no?
4) Yeah
5) National average
6) Yeah

Is it really worth applying? I'd absolutely love to go.
Reply 118
Original post by Davsters
The criteria are what's holding me back from applying too:

1) will be the first generation in their family to attend university
2) have achieved at least 5 A/A*s at GCSE
3) come from neighbourhoods with low overallprogression rates to higher education
4) are taking relevant subjects in relation to the subject stream they are applying for
5) attend schools or colleges with a low overall A level (or equivalent) point score
6) are under the age of 18 at the time of the summer school

1) Dad went to university 40 years ago
2) Yeah
3) Full of retired people, is that a yes or a no?
4) Yeah
5) National average
6) Yeah

Is it really worth applying? I'd absolutely love to go.

Really give it a go! There's no harm in trying and you definitely won't get in if you don't apply :wink:
Reply 119
Original post by wren94
Really give it a go! There's no harm in trying and you definitely won't get in if you don't apply :wink:

I feel like I might be taking the place of someone who needs it more. Probs give it a go though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending