Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    Churchill, economics too :P

Yay! Look forward to meeting you. :five:
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie-Camille)
    I am I'm doing History, where do you come from?
    Hi! :hello: I'm from Birmingham. How about yourself?
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suicidaloverbusiness)
    Ooh, why hello there insomniacramblings. Which course will you be doing, i'm on the Economics course.
    Economics sounds interesting, I'll be doing Sociology/Social Anthropology. I take it we'll be there on the same week!

Which A-levels do you currently study?
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insomniacramblings)
    Economics sounds interesting, I'll be doing Sociology/Social Anthropology. I take it we'll be there on the same week!

Which A-levels do you currently study?
    I think so...July 22 -26th?

Well, my A levels are a little complicated, but i'm doing Maths, Psychology, Economics and Business, ICT and RS.

How about you?
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseayj_)
    That's ok then . You've got quite a long way to travel from then! I'm from the West Midlands
    Its not too bad recently i have been to liverpool to see my sister that took 6 hours in a car, not good. Your a fair distance too lol, but i'm sure my ferry will still make my journey longer lol
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suicidaloverbusiness)
    I think so...July 22 -26th?

Well, my A levels are a little complicated, but i'm doing Maths, Psychology, Economics and Business, ICT and RS.

How about you?
    Wow @ 6 A levels! I couldn't handle that many lol. A broad range, too. I just have essay subjects: History, Politics, English Lit, and Philosophy.
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshT153)
    Its not too bad recently i have been to liverpool to see my sister that took 6 hours in a car, not good. Your a fair distance too lol, but i'm sure my ferry will still make my journey longer lol
    Ouch, 6 hours to Liverpool couldn't have been nice! Only about an hour and a half for me... so not overly bad . What A levels are you taking??
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie-Camille)
    I am I'm doing History, where do you come from?
    Hi
    I'm at Churchill doing History too!
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Bristol to do Humanities, and got in! So glad, especially considering I didn't get into the Oxford Summer School.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Wow @ 6 A levels! I couldn't handle that many lol. A broad range, too. I just have essay subjects: History, Politics, English Lit, and Philosophy.
    Like I said, my A levels are a tad complicated. Plus, Economics and Business is a combined A level, so that counts as one.
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going from London on the 22nd-26th (Cambridge)?
    Hey. I'm travelling from London and I'll be studying economics yay!
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going from Shropshire on the 13th-17th? It looks like me and my friend will have be travelling for over 5 hours on the train, going to Crewe, then London Paddington, then tube to Kings Cross, then to Cambridge... so, if anyone is getting on the train pretty much anywhere in the country we'll probably see you
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get in although I was applying for Medicine so I knew it was coming. Plus, my tutor didn't fill out my details so my application was incomplete. :rant:

I did get bumped along to a FE Summer School for Biological Sciences, has anybody heard of this?
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyM)
    Anyone going from Shropshire on the 13th-17th? It looks like me and my friend will have be travelling for over 5 hours on the train, going to Crewe, then London Paddington, then tube to Kings Cross, then to Cambridge... so, if anyone is getting on the train pretty much anywhere in the country we'll probably see you
    Oh i am! I'm coming from Wellington train station.
    Damn thats pretty far, none of my friends got in so it looks like i'll be on my own =.=
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Got into Medicine at Cambridge! wooo!
    Who else is going? I'd like to maybe know someone who'll be there!
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyM)
    Haha I'm coming from Swindon for that date so may see you at Paddington / Kings cross - It's quite a nice train from Kings cross actually as it's a direct route and very scenic I took it for the open day.

Very exciting Cambridge is beautiful so so happy to be going back everyone with a place is very lucky!
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if any of the Sutton Trust universities that offer Law accept applicants from Scotland? Because I want to do Law but I doubt that I would go to an English uni (tuition fees are a bit of a turnoff). Is it still worth applying (for 2013 entry)?
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseayj_)
    Ouch, 6 hours to Liverpool couldn't have been nice! Only about an hour and a half for me... so not overly bad . What A levels are you taking??
    Ahh that's not bad, i reckon it will at least take me 2 or 3 hours. I'm currently taking 3 AS's and 1 A2 as i took the AS last year. I'm taking AS: Physics, Maths and MEdia (my odd subject). And A2 systems and control (electronics). you ??
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Woo got in for English!
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshT153)
    Ahh that's not bad, i reckon it will at least take me 2 or 3 hours. I'm currently taking 3 AS's and 1 A2 as i took the AS last year. I'm taking AS: Physics, Maths and MEdia (my odd subject). And A2 systems and control (electronics). you ??
    Oh cool, sounds pretty good! I'm doing Maths, Physics, English Literature and Further Maths . Good luck with exams! See you in the summer

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 13, 2012
New on TSR

Do you trust your uni?

Vote now - you could win an Apple Watch

Article updates
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.