The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex Bampton
Wahay! Haven't been on this thread for a while, great to see people had a brilliant time @ the earlier summer school at Cambridge.

Really looking forward to Monday, I shall wear my Summer school sticker all the way with "TSR" written on it so come up and speak to me if you see me!

Looks like there will be a mass pile on (as I suspected) at Kings cross!

You got the sticker? I don't think I did D: What does it look like?
If I see anyone with one I might just say hello.... in the least awkward way possible :P I'm also going from Kings Cross though.

Original post by Lost And Confused
Awesome, Biology is at St John's too :biggrin: So see you tomorrow then :wink:

You went to UNIQ too?! :eek: Which week? I went from 15th-20th July for Biomedical Sciences and stayed in Keble :biggrin:

Yes, yes I am :smile: And sorry to come across as a creepy stalker, but I already knew that :colondollar: It's just that your entry was next to mine on two of the same Stalking Pages (NatSci at Cambridge and Durham) and I've been coming on this forum occassionally...
I'm Rory, nice to meet you :smile:

Also, does anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't bring a guitar with me? I'm not doing music, I just thought it might be nice if I get any free time in the evenings (yes I'll play quietly if you ask nicely) :smile:

Awesome XD If you're going through Kings Cross I might just see you.
Umm, about your guitar. I once brought it along to a school trip because I had a performance the day after we got back so I needed to practice. But I almost forgot to take it home, and if I didn't get reminded when on the coach I would've been screwed XD. Potentially (though highly unlikely), there is the chance it could be stolen. You don't know who will be there or their intentions, to be blunt. So if it's valuable to you (mine's worth near £500, though that wasn't the one i took with me..) I personally wouldn't risk it, given that you might not have enough time anyway. Also, not to offend you or anything but a few (annoying) people might think you're showing off- so that could be a bit awkward. But those are just the reasons not to, if you want to and what I've said doesn't bother you then you may as well go ahead :smile:
Awesome, Biology is at St John's too :biggrin: So see you tomorrow then :wink:

You went to UNIQ too?! :eek: Which week? I went from 15th-20th July for Biomedical Sciences and stayed in Keble :biggrin:

Yes, yes I am :smile: And sorry to come across as a creepy stalker, but I already knew that :colondollar: It's just that your entry was next to mine on two of the same Stalking Pages (NatSci at Cambridge and Durham) and I've been coming on this forum occassionally...

Also, does anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't bring a guitar with me? I'm not doing music, I just thought it might be nice if I get any free time in the evenings (yes I'll play quietly if you ask nicely) :smile:

I was on the next one for History: Race and Protest :smile:
Think I should also say hi, whilst I am here. I'm Declan and I'll be doing ASNC whilst staying in St Johns. So yeah, come say hi or something :tongue:
Original post by Bulbasaur
If I see anyone with one I might just say hello.... in the least awkward way possible :P I'm also going from Kings Cross though.

Awesome XD If you're going through Kings Cross I might just see you.
Umm, about your guitar. I once brought it along to a school trip because I had a performance the day after we got back so I needed to practice. But I almost forgot to take it home, and if I didn't get reminded when on the coach I would've been screwed XD. Potentially (though highly unlikely), there is the chance it could be stolen. You don't know who will be there or their intentions, to be blunt. So if it's valuable to you (mine's worth near £500, though that wasn't the one i took with me..) I personally wouldn't risk it, given that you might not have enough time anyway. Also, not to offend you or anything but a few (annoying) people might think you're showing off- so that could be a bit awkward. But those are just the reasons not to, if you want to and what I've said doesn't bother you then you may as well go ahead :smile:

I'm nowhere near Kings Cross unfortunately; I'm from Shropshire (we border with Wales) so will be coming from the other direction... But you could all make me very happy by spending your time looking for Platform 9 3/4? :biggrin:

Original post by placebo24
I was on the next one for History: Race and Protest :smile:

Original post by placebo24
Think I should also say hi, whilst I am here. I'm Declan and I'll be doing ASNC whilst staying in St Johns. So yeah, come say hi or something :tongue:

Awesome, another one at John's :smile:
My sister's doing the Masters equivalent of ASNC at York next year... :smile:

No problem haha, I have kept an eye on you aswell, mainly because on those pages you sweem to dwarf my grades lol.

When I last went up to Cambs for the open day, I had a snap by Platform 9 and 3/4:

Hogwarts.jpg

Like I said I shall have TSR written on my label, I wear shades A LOT! And will probably mark myself out as slightly odd because during my free time I'm going to be running because I'm an addictive athlete / triathlete sporting nutter!

Come up and see me, I'm pretty sociable and am quite savvy so know my way around the trains!

Oh and in ref to the guitar. I wouldn't bother mate, it's big and going to be a nuiscance, just come away and enjoy yourself without having to worry about it :-)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bulbasaur

Yes came with the tickets, it is white, kitkat bar sized and has "University of Cambridge Sutton Trust Summer School" typed on it.

I think they asked for us to wear them at least coming into the station so we are marked out as summer school students but no real problems if you don't we all have the documents!
Reply 1446
Hey anyone going to the Imperial college for Maths???
UCL for Biosciences anyone?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending