Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

BA Philosophy at Birkbeck - Distance learning

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am interested in the BA Philosophy course at Birkbeck - anybody out there with current or past experiences to share?

I have come across a fair amount of criticism for University of London's External program, and am curious to see if it applies to the courses done through Birkbeck too...

Thanks!

ram
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to do a distance learning course? I was researching it too but decided against it, as it would be too difficult to teach myself.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Distance because I'm in India! Also, I have a stable career which mercifully allows me to control my time ( in big chunks - I'm a cinematographer ) and therefore, should I so choose, allows me to pursue another career/hobby/discipline. I do choose indeed, and have always found philosophical inquiry inspiring ( I majored in Physics in college - crashed and burned, but that's another story ). So, while I definitely find the course material daunting, that is precisely the challenge that I feel I need. Also, since the effort is purely for personal improvement, I do not see it as a risk or an as investment. Perhaps I should do the diploma before committing to a BA, but then as a mature student I am loathe to lose time, even if only for one course... Why did you decide against distance learning?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm doing the BA in Philosophy so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Btw, here's the facebook page of the programme:
    http://www.facebook.com/uol.philosophy

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.