The Student Room Group

AQA C3: how did you find it all?

Starting this thread after finishing the C3 exam. How did you guys find it all? :smile:

Personally thought it was quite hard.

Will contribute later when I'm on my laptop.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Found the second half too hard and nothing like the past papers.
Reply 2
Resit form ready :biggrin: (i cant convey how **** im feeling using tsr depression emoticons, so il go for saracasm) fml
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
after question 4 it was really hard. where did all the seven markers and that nine marker come from?!

it has definitely been made harder in the sense they don't lead you through the questions as much. so you could be going off on a complete tangent and never know (thank god for follow through marks!) and is it me or was there a lot more ln and e^x including in the questions than usual?

everyone who took it at my school found it difficult however, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be lowered!
The second half totally crushed me :frown:
Reply 5
Second half was awful. Remember getting 7.88 for 9 marker. 1/6ln(whatever). And 360e^-1 - 198 for others...
Reply 6
Original post by newskills
Found the second half too hard and nothing like the past papers.

Original post by Darkphilosopher
The second half totally crushed me :frown:

Sames.
Lets all have a group hug though....

:grouphugs:
Original post by nmudz_009
Resit form ready :biggrin: (i cant convey how **** im feeling using tsr depression emoticons, so il go for saracasm) fml

LOOL same bro :rofl:
Original post by 3ka_xo
after question 4 it was really hard. where did all the seven markers and that nine marker come from?!

it has definitely been made harder in the sense they don't lead you through the questions as much. so you could be going off on a complete tangent and never know (thank god for follow through marks!) and is it me or was there a lot more ln and e^x including in the questions than usual?

everyone who took it at my school found it difficult however, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be lowered!

I was thinking that, like WTF!
Bloody hell, the questions were full of them! :s-smilie:
Original post by jesstonto
Second half was awful. Remember getting 7.88 for 9 marker. 1/6ln(whatever). And 360e^-1 - 198 for others...

eek, i dont remember any of that :biggrin:
Reply 7
I very much appreciate AQA crushing my dreams of getting through my A Levels with no resits. I can still get an A overall even if I get a B/C but I have no chance of an A* without a resit :frown:
Reply 8
Guys, How was this question done, i struggled on this:
Tan2X=3(3SecX)Tan^2X = 3(3 - SecX)
I did:
Sec2X+3SecX9Sec^2X +3SecX - 9
let SecX=USecX = U
So...
U2+3U9U^2 +3U - 9
I had a mental block and couldnt factorise it :confused: were you meant to use the quadratic formula?
Reply 9
Original post by ak137
I did:
let SecX=USecX = U
So...
U2+3U9U^2 +3U - 9
I had a mental block and couldnt factorise it :confused: were you meant to use the quadratic formula?

You missed out the +1. tan2x goes to sec^2x +1
Reply 10
Original post by Larriant
You missed out the +1. tan2x goes to sec^2x +1

**** >_<
bloody hell guys. this exam was awful. completely blanked. WHAT IS A RATIONAL NUMBER hahaah!
Reply 12
Original post by ak137
I did:
let SecX=USecX = U
So...
U2+3U9U^2 +3U - 9

tan^2x =3(3-secx)
sec^2x - 1 = 9 - 3secx
sec^2x + 3secx - 10 = 0
u^2 + 3u - 10 = 0
(u+5) (u-2) = 0
Reply 13
Original post by LizzieLizzie.
bloody hell guys. this exam was awful. completely blanked. WHAT IS A RATIONAL NUMBER hahaah!

"any number that can be expressed as the quotient or fraction a/b of two integers"
Original post by ak137
I did:
let SecX=USecX = U
So...
U2+3U9U^2 +3U - 9

I used: sec^2=tan^2 + 1

and got something x^2 + 3y -10

So it was quadratic formula i think

Can anyone confirm?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
awww my brain is mushed from c3 and M1
pray for low grade boundaries!!!
Reply 16

With 2 mins to go I decided to stupidly change my answer to that ln question.

went from 1/6(ln91/21), which judging by what other people was the right answer to 6(ln89/19) :facepalm:
Reply 17
I used: sec^2=tan^2 + 1

and got something x^2 + 3y -10

So it was quadratic formula i think

Can anyone confirm?

yes i got that too

I completely messed that one up. I checked and rechecked and got 1/6ln91 - 1/6ln21 or something. I then divided them to get 1ln(92/21) but that got a recurring decimal so i just gave up :frown:
I completely messed that one up. I checked and rechecked and got 1/6ln91 - 1/6ln21 or something. I then divided them to get 1ln(92/21) but that got a recurring decimal so i just gave up :frown:

I GOT THAT! 1/6 ln (91/21) which simplified to 1/6 ln (13/3) :smile:

That question with making x=cosec(theta) was ridiculous. I just managed to do it, and the worst thing is, I got the whole thing right except when I divided my cosec(theta) I forgot that it was squared on the bottom and just got rid of it, so I lost a lot of marks there :'( SUCH A STUPID MISTAKE.

That paper was the most ridiculous one I've ever done. I hope the grade boundaries are low, otherwise I'll have to dish out 20 quid just to retake it in June.. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending