The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wavve
i'll be doing french! i'm so glad theres so many of us haha :biggrin: will you be living at home or halls?

French too :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 201
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette

woooohooo :biggrin: 4 months time we'll most likely be in the same lecures haha :biggrin:
Reply 202
Original post by J'adoreMaCachette

Original post by wavve
i'll be doing french! i'm so glad theres so many of us haha :biggrin: will you be living at home or halls?

Team French!
Reply 203
Original post by wavve

didn't notice your question first time round :P i live like 100 miles or so from glasgow so i'll be staying in halls haha.. applied for murano, cairncross, sa and qm.
Reply 204
Original post by c_nn_r
Team French!

And I'm also doing French!
Reply 205
Original post by Harve
And I'm also doing French!

sweeet!
Original post by ellathecat
same:smile: i thought history and politics would be a pretty typical combination but apparently not ..or maybe the rest of us have something better to do than stalking this thread D:biggrin:
my offer was conditional but now i've met the conditions i really just can't wait!! see you in september;D

Politics is the most common subject to do alongside history so yeah they just have better things to do haha. And yes. See you there :biggrin:
Reply 207
Geography ^^
Reply 208
Original post by c.macarthur
i was the same, really wanted QM but settled for Cairncross cause of the price, confirmed now... it's just on the other side of Kelvingrove park, about a 15 minute walk or something :smile: can't remember exactly how many rooms are there but it's very much smaller than the likes of Murano... i haven't actually visited it so fingers crossed!

I am in Cairncross too and have been to see them, they're nice :smile: the rooms were larger than expected and everything was very clean and nice :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 209
Original post by sandra4
Which is better? Student apartments or Cairncross? Do you know if students apartments have laundry? Because on the website they say yes but a friend of mine who live there said no :-?? a bit confused

I'd say cairncross is better from what I've heard but it kinda depends what you're looking for :smile:
Just accepted offer of qm halls :smile: studying law and French :smile: bring on september!
Original post by careid
I am in Cairncross too and have been to see them, they're nice :smile: the rooms were larger than expected and everything was very clean and nice :smile:

aw thank you, that's encouraging :biggrin:
Original post by egliuxe
Firmed offer for History. Can't wait! ;D

Me too see you there. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 213
Firmed Economics & Mathematics
Freakin ready for september
Reply 214
Hi everyone!

I am wondering if anyone can tell me some more about this whole 3 subject thing! I have an offer for Neuroscience, but when and how do I choose the 2 other subjects I want to do? And do they have to be closely related to Neuroscience?

Thaaaaankksssss
i'm pretty sure they don't have to be related at all and you don't have to choose anything until you get there, you just have to make sure they add up to a certain number of credits or something... i only have a basic understanding myself :tongue:
Reply 216
Original post by hjenkins6
Hi everyone!

I am wondering if anyone can tell me some more about this whole 3 subject thing! I have an offer for Neuroscience, but when and how do I choose the 2 other subjects I want to do? And do they have to be closely related to Neuroscience?

Thaaaaankksssss

Just quickly glanced at this forum as I was in the same position as you guys last year, how time flies haha!

Noticed your post as it was one of the more recent ones :smile: For life sciences, you don't get accepted to a specific degree, just to the school so basically you can chose to do any life science degree. I applied to do anatomy but I think I may change to Immunology or Pharmacology, can't decide. At Glasgow you don't need to decide your final degree to 2nd year (sometimes 3rd depending on what area).

In your first year you will do generalised biology courses, you won't do anything Neuroscience specific. You also have to either do Chemistry or Science Fundamentals if you haven't done chemistry before/not comfortable with it. Your 3rd subject can be whatever you like. I took Spanish beginners :smile:

I'm not sure how you enrol actually, can't remember, I think you may get an email and then that's when you go on and pick your classes and sort out your timetable, it's all done online.

Hopefully this helps, any questions just ask :tongue:
Original post by kassiee.
Just quickly glanced at this forum as I was in the same position as you guys last year, how time flies haha!

Noticed your post as it was one of the more recent ones :smile: For life sciences, you don't get accepted to a specific degree, just to the school so basically you can chose to do any life science degree. I applied to do anatomy but I think I may change to Immunology or Pharmacology, can't decide. At Glasgow you don't need to decide your final degree to 2nd year (sometimes 3rd depending on what area).

In your first year you will do generalised biology courses, you won't do anything Neuroscience specific. You also have to either do Chemistry or Science Fundamentals if you haven't done chemistry before/not comfortable with it. Your 3rd subject can be whatever you like. I took Spanish beginners :smile:

I'm not sure how you enrol actually, can't remember, I think you may get an email and then that's when you go on and pick your classes and sort out your timetable, it's all done online.

Hopefully this helps, any questions just ask :tongue:

Sorry for butting in, but i applied for human biology so am I in the same position about this 3 subject thing? I never knew i could pick other subjects!
Original post by Niamh Mc D
Sorry for butting in, but i applied for human biology so am I in the same position about this 3 subject thing? I never knew i could pick other subjects!

Hi,

Yes you are in the same position. First year will be Biology, Chemistry or Science Fundamentals (based on what is said above) and your third subject can be anything subject to timetable constraints and any prerequisites.

If you go to the Course Catalogue (just google it with the uni name), you can see what is available.

Best of luck!
Original post by BostonLegal
Hi,

Yes you are in the same position. First year will be Biology, Chemistry or Science Fundamentals (based on what is said above) and your third subject can be anything subject to timetable constraints and any prerequisites.

If you go to the Course Catalogue (just google it with the uni name), you can see what is available.

Best of luck!

Oh thankyou! :smile:

Quick Reply