The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by magenta1
Wait, can you see the accommodation on the applicant visit day? Cos I've already been and thought you just went to ask questions and stuff?

From the Applicant Day Brochure: (http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_224054_en.pdf)

Accommodation tours and information. If you are moving away from home to come to university, you might want to go to the accommodation talk at 9.30am in the Western Infirmary Lecture Theatre (B9), repeated at 2.15pm in the Wellington Church (F9) (duration: 30 minutes).

You might also want to go on a tour of one of the residencies. Tours to halls of residences begin at 9.30am, with the last tours leaving campus at 2.30pm*. Buses will leave at regular intervals throughout the day for Queen Margaret and Murano Street, and at the advertised times for Wolfson Hall. Please note the
different departure points and arrangements outlined below:

Wolfson Hall (catered accommodation) (duration: 90 minutes including travel time).Coach departs from the Wolfson Medical School Building (C8). Coaches at 11am and 1.30pm.

Queen Margaret (self-catered accommodation) (duration: 60 minutes including travel time). Coach departs University Avenue, near the Main Gates/Security Office (A21). First coach at 9.30am then at regular intervals; last coach at
2.30pm*.

Murano Street Student Village (self-catered accommodation) (duration: 60 minutes including travel time). Coach departs University Avenue, near the Main
Gates/Security Office (A21). First coach at 9.30am then at regular intervals; last coach 2.30pm*

:smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by andriis
Nice! Glad to see someone from here with the same name lol.
Will you be doing IB/Matura this year? I wish I'd be through the exams already...

From Hungary (Budapest), so SAAS thankfully covers me. Tuitions were raised here also, which means a good degree may cost like 50% of that in England. To call it absurd would be an understatement, comparing the wages in the two countries... And of course, better career prospects with a degree from Glasgow while meeting new people and nice places :wink: Those uni societies look great btw, just hope our future coursemates won't be too geeks to hang out lol

I thought you're already out of high school that you hold unconditional offers?! :smile:

Wow Hungary! Yeah, Glasgow looks really good, but I honestly wish i got rejected from either glasgow or edinburgh cos i got offers for both in November and i still havent made my mind up as its so hard to choose :/ I know! I'm so excited about the societies and lol :smile: Did you apply to edinburgh?

Nah in Scotland its a bit different from England, in scotland we do our Highers in 5th Year and you have a choice to stay on for 6th year but many people leave to get a job and get money for uni but some unis prefer you to stay on :smile: I'm really excited to meet people from all over the world tbh :biggrin:
Reply 82
Original post by Ajay13
From the Applicant Day Brochure: (http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_224054_en.pdf)

Accommodation tours and information. If you are moving away from home to come to university, you might want to go to the accommodation talk at 9.30am in the Western Infirmary Lecture Theatre (B9), repeated at 2.15pm in the Wellington Church (F9) (duration: 30 minutes).

You might also want to go on a tour of one of the residencies. Tours to halls of residences begin at 9.30am, with the last tours leaving campus at 2.30pm*. Buses will leave at regular intervals throughout the day for Queen Margaret and Murano Street, and at the advertised times for Wolfson Hall. Please note the
different departure points and arrangements outlined below:

Wolfson Hall (catered accommodation) (duration: 90 minutes including travel time).Coach departs from the Wolfson Medical School Building (C8). Coaches at 11am and 1.30pm.

Queen Margaret (self-catered accommodation) (duration: 60 minutes including travel time). Coach departs University Avenue, near the Main Gates/Security Office (A21). First coach at 9.30am then at regular intervals; last coach at
2.30pm*.

Murano Street Student Village (self-catered accommodation) (duration: 60 minutes including travel time). Coach departs University Avenue, near the Main
Gates/Security Office (A21). First coach at 9.30am then at regular intervals; last coach 2.30pm*

:smile:

Ahh thanks, I didnt know this, will probs be going then :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by andras
Haha yes. I'll do the Matura, but I'm really not looking forward to it. :P A lot of Hungarians seem to go to Glasgow this year actually, I already know about at least 10 people. They must like us out there haha. Which school do you go to, since we happen to live in the same city? :smile:

Yeah, I hadn't thought it would be such a popular destination (if 10 people can be called popular lol). Will send a PM! :wink:

Wow Hungary! Yeah, Glasgow looks really good, but I honestly wish i got rejected from either glasgow or edinburgh cos i got offers for both in November and i still havent made my mind up as its so hard to choose :/ I know! I'm so excited about the societies and lol :smile: Did you apply to edinburgh?

Nah in Scotland its a bit different from England, in scotland we do our Highers in 5th Year and you have a choice to stay on for 6th year but many people leave to get a job and get money for uni but some unis prefer you to stay on :smile: I'm really excited to meet people from all over the world tbh :biggrin:

Waiting since November, you joking?? It's been almost a half year :biggrin: Choose Glasgow now!!!! lol just kidding, you still have plenty of time to decide :smile:

Yes I applied to Edinburgh, but I got rejected (thankfully?) so it was an easy decision to make afterwards.
Ahh I know that 1st year students are usually quite young in Scottish unis, in this case you are not really. :smile:

I just love everything there, the landscapes, people, whiskies and accountancy firms haha. Maybe I'm a bit afraid of the weather, hope it's not that awful as its reputation. :tongue:
Just firmed Electronics with Music!! Can't wait for september to come! :biggrin:

Anybody else on this course?
Reply 85
Original post by andriis
Yeah, I hadn't thought it would be such a popular destination (if 10 people can be called popular lol). Will send a PM! :wink:

Waiting since November, you joking?? It's been almost a half year :biggrin: Choose Glasgow now!!!! lol just kidding, you still have plenty of time to decide :smile:

Yes I applied to Edinburgh, but I got rejected (thankfully?) so it was an easy decision to make afterwards.
Ahh I know that 1st year students are usually quite young in Scottish unis, in this case you are not really. :smile:

I just love everything there, the landscapes, people, whiskies and accountancy firms haha. Maybe I'm a bit afraid of the weather, hope it's not that awful as its reputation. :tongue:

Nope got mine quite early which was amazing as I never thought they would get back to me so soon and I know lol, its been like half a year and i still havent made my mind up :smile: Are you unconditional? I'm actually one of the youngest in my year which is good in my opinion hehe why, what age are you?

Went to applicants visit day and it was so sunny which mightve helped but i think im gonna firm glasgow cos i feel at home more whereas in Edinburgh i didnt have that 'home' feeling, maybe cos Im not used to being in Edinburgh?

Why you choose to come to Scotland and not stay in Hungary?
Just firmed Glasgow ahhh so exciting :biggrin: Though I'm really stuck on where to go for accomodation. I loved Queen Margaret and really want an ensuite but the extra price is putting me off :s-smilie: Can't decide whether it's worth it. Wasn't as keen on Murano though I think it seems more social and I'd probably meet more people. Does anyone know anything about Cairncross? Like how far is it from the uni and what are the rooms/common rooms like etc?
Reply 87
Today I received an unconditional offer from Glasgow for Business and Management! I'm so freaking excited about it! I will be firming it within the next days!! :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by Emelynaki
Today I received an unconditional offer from Glasgow for Business and Management! I'm so freaking excited about it! I will be firming it within the next days!! :smile:

Wow I've firmed Glasgow for Business and Management too. :smile: See you in September! :wink:
Reply 89
Firming Glasgow as well! I went to the open day and I loved it - felt a little old though! Need to get to know some folks!!!
Reply 90
Original post by andras
Wow I've firmed Glasgow for Business and Management too. :smile: See you in September! :wink:

hehe looking forward to it! Where are you from?
Reply 91
Original post by schwepsi
Firming Glasgow as well! I went to the open day and I loved it - felt a little old though! Need to get to know some folks!!!

why did you feel old? how old are you? :tongue:
Reply 92
I loved the applicants day, very excited about going to Glasgow in September now :biggrin: Went on the tour to Murano as well but can't say I really liked it, hope I get placed in one of my top choices as I put Murano at 5 and 6. I still have to choose a third subject as well, which is harder than I expected :P
Reply 93
Original post by Emelynaki
hehe looking forward to it! Where are you from?

Me too! :-) I'll send you a PM!
Original post by Caitlin94
me too but i'm only conditional so probably wont im guessing :s

whats your conditions?
Reply 95
Original post by Kat.Duguid1
whats your conditions?

b at higher and b at advanced higher :smile:
Reply 96
Firmed Glasgow for medicine.. Can't wait !
Me too - firmed glasgow for medicine!
Reply 98
Original post by andras

I've made glasgow my firm for business & management with french... so excited!! It's conditional though, but the conditions seem pretty reasonable as long as I revise, so fingers crossed!
Yeah, Glasgow looks really good, but I honestly wish i got rejected from either glasgow or edinburgh cos i got offers for both in November and i still havent made my mind up as its so hard to choose :/

Glasgow, obviously! :P

Yay, lots of new Freshers! You'll all have so much fun here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending