The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Anyone else firmed for Veterinary Biosciences? Message me or something, it'll be good to get to know some potential course-mates :P
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Just found this thread :biggrin:
I got an unconditional for Veterinary Medicine in January, very excited.
Wheres everyone thinking about for halls ? I applied last week and Wolfson is my first choice :smile:
Reply 142
Hi All,

How long does it take to receive a decision from Glasgow University? (MSc application)

Best,
Noyan
Reply 143
Firmed 2nd year entry into Politics & Sociology MA (SocSci)

YAY
Original post by Sniggey
Gods I finally grew a pair of balls to firm one of my Glasgow offers, and UCAS track is down for maintenance for the next few days! :shock: Marine & Freshwater Biology here I come.

Dang, I envy all of you invaders and your student accomodation. :tongue: Moving out would be awesome.

Lucky me gets to commute from the rather idyllic Yoker every morning. On the brightside I'll have all the luxuries and comforts of home to sink into every evening. :colone:

Ahh, I'm in the same position as you - going to firm Glasgow for History but UCAS track is down. I'm also from Glasgow so accommodation is unlikely though I'm still applying!
Reply 145
Original post by Caitlin94
I've firmed for law too but i'm only conditional so won't hear about halls for ages :frown:

What are your conditions? And what halls would you like to be in?
Reply 146
I firmed economics about a week ago :smile: Thinking about QM and Murano flats as first and second choices. Still, my offer is conditional so I won't hear about my accommodation for months :frown:
Original post by nicole_k
I firmed economics about a week ago :smile: Thinking about QM and Murano flats as first and second choices. Still, my offer is conditional so I won't hear about my accommodation for months :frown:

Hey, those were my first and second choices as well and I've also firmed a conditional offer. I got an email from them saying I'm on list A or something and have guaranteed accommodation once I meet my conditions. So even though you won't be told which accommodation you'll get, you'll know if you've gotten at least one of your choices.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 148
i've firmed glasgow for english lit and history of art - i cant wait!
Reply 149
Original post by bayernmunich
Hey, those were my first and second choices as well and I've also firmed a conditional offer. I got an email from them saying I'm on list A or something and have guaranteed accommodation once I meet my conditions. So even though you won't be told which accommodation you'll get, you'll know if you've gotten at least one of your choices.

Yeah, I got an email saying I'm put in category A but didn't know what it means. However, I suppose it should be that I'll be put in one of my first choices :smile:
Original post by nicole_k
Yeah, I got an email saying I'm put in category A but didn't know what it means. However, I suppose it should be that I'll be put in one of my first choices :smile:

I'm a bit worried though, the accommodation contract starts from the 7th of September but according to UCAS my course starts on the 1st. I'm an international student and I live in Dubai, so it's not like I have any place to stay for that week. I wonder if I'd have to sort that out myself somehow, like stay in a hotel or something. Does UCAS say your course starts after the 7th?
Reply 151
I'm a bit worried though, the accommodation contract starts from the 7th of September but according to UCAS my course starts on the 1st. I'm an international student and I live in Dubai, so it's not like I have any place to stay for that week. I wonder if I'd have to sort that out myself somehow, like stay in a hotel or something. Does UCAS say your course starts after the 7th?

My course starts on 15th September and with freshers week that means that I should arrive around the 8th September so I don't have a problem with that. Are you sure your course starts that early? I thought everyone is supposed to start at the same time?
Reply 152
Finally firmed LLB at Glasgow! Very nervous but looking forward to it.

according to UCAS my course ( Business and Management ) starts on the 1st of September as well.. a bit confused about it too. I expected everyone to start at the same time, especially since the contract starts on the 7th and there is Freshers week too..
Reply 154
According to UCAS my course (History) starts on the 14th of September so I don't have to worry about my accommodation :smile: But freshers week must be the same for everybody, so maybe UCAS has the wrong dates for your courses? :s-smilie:
Original post by Annie-Bananie
according to UCAS my course ( Business and Management ) starts on the 1st of September as well.. a bit confused about it too. I expected everyone to start at the same time, especially since the contract starts on the 7th and there is Freshers week too..

I'm really confused about it, maybe I should email them and reconfirm? It doesn't seem right that my course starts that early
I'm really confused about it, maybe I should email them and reconfirm? It doesn't seem right that my course starts that early

If you contact them, could you please let me know? I'm confused as well.. Oh well, at least I will have somebody to join me while I wait outside for a moving in date sleeping under a bridge :biggrin:
Looking forward to studying Media&Communication in september, hollaaah ;p
Original post by Annie-Bananie
If you contact them, could you please let me know? I'm confused as well.. Oh well, at least I will have somebody to join me while I wait outside for a moving in date sleeping under a bridge :biggrin:

Spoke to them, here's what I got:

"When you receive an accommodation offer it will contain a link to a pre-term booking form that can be used to request accommodation prior to 7th September.

Yours,

Neil Duncan
Residential Services"

Looks like we won't need to sleep under a bridge after all :biggrin:
Spoke to them, here's what I got:

"When you receive an accommodation offer it will contain a link to a pre-term booking form that can be used to request accommodation prior to 7th September.

Yours,

Neil Duncan
Residential Services"

Looks like we won't need to sleep under a bridge after all :biggrin:

ahah sounds good :biggrin:

but it is still a bit annoying cause i would like to move in together with everyone and I don't wanna be alone in a flat if most of teh people are moving in on 7th of September :frown: and I'm going to Lady Gaga concert on August 27! :biggrin: i really hope it is a mistake and we start later :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending