The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Annie-Bananie
ahah sounds good :biggrin:

but it is still a bit annoying cause i would like to move in together with everyone and I don't wanna be alone in a flat if most of teh people are moving in on 7th of September :frown: and I'm going to Lady Gaga concert on August 27! :biggrin: i really hope it is a mistake and we start later :colondollar:

I hope so too, I want to go to Creamfields! Well even if it isn't a mistake, people from your course (and mine) would all be moving in at that time. Just out of curiosity, what were your accommodation choices?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by bayernmunich
I hope so too, I want to go to Creamfields! Well even if it isn't a mistake, people from your course (and mine) would all be moving in at that time. Just out of curiosity, what were your accommodation choices?

Murano Street large, Murano Street small, Queen Margaret and the rest is pretty much random. And what did you choose? :smile:
I firmed Economics. So see you all (or some) in September.
Murano Street large, Murano Street small, Queen Margaret and the rest is pretty much random. And what did you choose? :smile:

To be honest I don't really remember other than QM as first and Murano as second :P I'm a bit worried because it seems like no one here is doing the same course as I am :frown:
Original post by bayernmunich
To be honest I don't really remember other than QM as first and Murano as second :P I'm a bit worried because it seems like no one here is doing the same course as I am :frown:

Don't worry, there must be somebody :h: what are you going to study?
Don't worry, there must be somebody :h: what are you going to study?

Well yeah, I'm sure I won't be the only person on the course lol, it would just be cool to know someone doing it before I go there. I'm going to study Mechatronics
Reply 166
I've firmed Glasgow!! I haven't yet apply for accommodation, but do you know something about Victoria Hall? A friend of mine told me it is nice but I saw that you can't choose it on the application form. Why is that?
Original post by la-penseur
Just firmed Glasgow ahhh so exciting :biggrin: Though I'm really stuck on where to go for accomodation. I loved Queen Margaret and really want an ensuite but the extra price is putting me off :s-smilie: Can't decide whether it's worth it. Wasn't as keen on Murano though I think it seems more social and I'd probably meet more people. Does anyone know anything about Cairncross? Like how far is it from the uni and what are the rooms/common rooms like etc?

i was the same, really wanted QM but settled for Cairncross cause of the price, confirmed now... it's just on the other side of Kelvingrove park, about a 15 minute walk or something :smile: can't remember exactly how many rooms are there but it's very much smaller than the likes of Murano... i haven't actually visited it so fingers crossed!
Original post by careid
I have firmed Glasgow for Law and I have an offer for Cairncross for halls, anyone else who will be on my course/ in my halls? :smile:

i'll be in cairncross :smile: not law though, gaelic/maths... i do love glasgow's combinations :biggrin:
Original post by sandra4
I've firmed Glasgow!! I haven't yet apply for accommodation, but do you know something about Victoria Hall? A friend of mine told me it is nice but I saw that you can't choose it on the application form. Why is that?

Hy there do you mean, why are victoria halls not on Glasgow uni accom application form ? If so that's because it's private location. It seems really good, I am hoping to apply for accommodation there. However I am hoping to study optometry at GCU, it's very close to GCU but im not sure how close/ far it is from Glasgow uni x
Reply 170
Firmed a conditional offer of ABB for History, bit worried as I have no back up and after my first exam, the chance of getting ABB is looking unlikely :P Murano street large flats is my first choice!
Reply 171
Original post by hannahmac4
Hy there do you mean, why are victoria halls not on Glasgow uni accom application form ? If so that's because it's private location. It seems really good, I am hoping to apply for accommodation there. However I am hoping to study optometry at GCU, it's very close to GCU but im not sure how close/ far it is from Glasgow uni x

Thank you very much, I will think about it:biggrin:
Reply 172
Original post by JJTEASE
Firmed a conditional offer of ABB for History, bit worried as I have no back up and after my first exam, the chance of getting ABB is looking unlikely :P Murano street large flats is my first choice!

I have a conditional offer too which asks for a high mark and I am worried...it asks for 9.5 out of 10 which is a bit harder to take, but hope for the best. Good luck with your exams.
Reply 173
Original post by sandra4
I have a conditional offer too which asks for a high mark and I am worried...it asks for 9.5 out of 10 which is a bit harder to take, but hope for the best. Good luck with your exams.

What exams do you do???? Thanks, good luck to you tooooo :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 174
French and Spanish firmed about 2 or 3 months ago haha. Woo! Who else is doing either?
Reply 175
Original post by JJTEASE
What exams do you do???? Thanks, good luck to you tooooo :smile: :biggrin:

Well I am from Romania so I have the Romanian Baccallaureat which includes an exam at Maths, Informatics and Romanian Language.
Reply 176
Hey, do you know if Wolfson ensuite means with bathroom and meal? Do I have to apply separately for meal or does this include the meal? thank you
Reply 177
Which is better? Student apartments or Cairncross? Do you know if students apartments have laundry? Because on the website they say yes but a friend of mine who live there said no :-?? a bit confused
Reply 178
Original post by c_nn_r
French and Spanish firmed about 2 or 3 months ago haha. Woo! Who else is doing either?

I'll be doing French :smile:
Reply 179
Original post by sandra4
Which is better? Student apartments or Cairncross? Do you know if students apartments have laundry? Because on the website they say yes but a friend of mine who live there said no :-?? a bit confused

I had the same problem, but at the end chose SA :smile: A friend of mine is staying in SA twin. He said that in Cairncross rooms are very small, in SA twin rooms are very large, but single rooms are very small too. :smile:
I hope that Glasgow website is saying the truth about the laundry :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest