Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The official 'Glasgow is my firm!' thread 2012!

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've called this 'official' because I've seen no other on here :O I'm about to firm Glasgow- WHO'S WITH ME!?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    MEEE although i can't confirm yet because i'm still waiting to hear from one more uni!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh damn- then I can't either! Edinburgh still haven't got back to me ggrr. I didn't know we HAD to have all our replies before we could make decisions x
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    well i'm nearly sure we do! find out from your school/college but in mine we have to wait i think that's how it works anyways :O but i will be making it my firm! x
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have also firmed Glasgow. Can't wait
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexusWelsh1993)
    I've called this 'official' because I've seen no other on here :O I'm about to firm Glasgow- WHO'S WITH ME!?
    Officially firmed Glasgow
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctln)
    Officially firmed Glasgow
    YAY Still haven't done accommodation or student finance but I shall do it this week! Are you going to the applicant day? x
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    YAY Still haven't done accommodation or student finance but I shall do it this week! Are you going to the applicant day? x
    I would if I could! I'm from the USA sooo it's not too easy to take a quick trip there haha. Let me know how it goes!

Which housing are you applying for?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed Glasgow a week ago. YAAAY Business and Management with German Language class 2012!

well, i still need the grades...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Glasgow couple weeks ago! Yay!!! Can't wait to start studying there
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamh Mc D)
    MEEE although i can't confirm yet because i'm still waiting to hear from one more uni!!

Oh damn- then I can't either! Edinburgh still haven't got back to me ggrr. I didn't know we HAD to have all our replies before we could make decisions x
    you can withdraw from any courses you still haven't heard from and then firm the one you want
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucalinda)
    I firmed Glasgow couple weeks ago! Yay!!! Can't wait to start studying there
    me too me too
    what are you going to study?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zoology, yourself?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctln)
    I would if I could! I'm from the USA sooo it's not too easy to take a quick trip there haha. Let me know how it goes!

You're from the US? That's so brave!!!!! I'm guessing you're coming here because it's cheaper? I'm sure you'll love the UK. I'm applying for a large flat at Murano. I thought if I'm going to go to Uni, I might as well go all out and put myself with a load of strangers haha :P The other option was Queen Margaret Halls, where you get an en suite, but I'd rather have the money tbh!! What are you hoping to study? Are you looking forward to moving over? x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucalinda)
    Zoology, yourself?
    Zoology? aaw so sweet I just love animals I guess it is a very stupid response hahah sorry, but I really do
    I'm studying Business and German language

(Original post by ctln)

woow USA! I was born in Denver
    I think Glasgow is a great choice! Have you already applied for accommodation?
    My first choice is Murano large flats
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're from the US? That's so brave!!!!! I'm guessing you're coming here because it's cheaper? I'm sure you'll love the UK. I'm applying for a large flat at Murano. I thought if I'm going to go to Uni, I might as well go all out and put myself with a load of strangers haha :P The other option was Queen Margaret Halls, where you get an en suite, but I'd rather have the money tbh!! What are you hoping to study? Are you looking forward to moving over? x
    I am!
    It's a lot cheaper in the long run. The unis I was looking at in the states are around 60,000 a year (about 38,000 pounds/yr) sooo Glasgow was SO much cheaper and when I got the unconditional I just went ahead and jumped for it.
    I did QM as first choice, and Murano after. I would love the ensuite haha
    I'll be studying English lit and French, but I think I'll be changing to politics and french. What are you studying?
    I am so excited to make the move! But beyond nervous at the same time considering I dont know anyone in Glasgow, let alone in the country haha.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie-Bananie)
    Zoology? aaw so sweet I just love animals I guess it is a very stupid response hahah sorry, but I really do
    I'm studying Business and German language

woow USA! I was born in Denver
    I think Glasgow is a great choice! Have you already applied for accommodation?
    My first choice is Murano large flats
    Nice! From Maryland myself - 20 minutes from Washington DC.
    I applied last week, yeah. Hoping for QM and the ensuite . But after that I put Murano for the most part.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I firmed Glasgow 2 weeks agoSpanish and French 2012
    I really hope i have made the right choice...now i need the grades
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctln)
    Nice! From Maryland myself - 20 minutes from Washington DC.
    I applied last week, yeah. Hoping for QM and the ensuite . But after that I put Murano for the most part.
    I have friends in Maryland, great State
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atticus_)
    I have friends in Maryland, great State
    Haha, really? Maryland is so small, it's usually rare that anyone from outside the states really knows where it is, let alone knows people from the area.

Where are you from?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 22, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.