The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by acedlol
Beware the grade boundaries. They seem low, but they really aren't.

I know what you mean though.
The knowledge of only needing 65% for the higher students could lead to complacency, and since many are taking this exam in June, there's no chance for resitting if you're off to university.

I dunno, i reckon you should resit, because it sounds like you know your stuff, and you put significant effort in to revision; give it another go!
after weeks of searching I have found the January 2012 paper for PSYA4 and attached that and the mark-scheme below.

Im a bit worried about this exam; I mean I need only a C to get an A but still..I just dont want to screw it up.

Research methods seems a bit tricky...

Im doing schizophrenia and have typed up all my model answers to learn and have tried learning them...oddly im finding it much harder than the PSYA3 model answers and I had about 3 times as many to learn lol..go figure!

Im hoping we get an easy paper and the gods favour us...man..
Original post by Mephestic
after weeks of searching I have found the January 2012 paper for PSYA4 and attached that and the mark-scheme below.

Im a bit worried about this exam; I mean I need only a C to get an A but still..I just dont want to screw it up.

Im doing schizophrenia and have typed up all my model answers to learn and have tried learning them...oddly im finding it much harder than the PSYA3 model answers and I had about 3 times as many to learn lol..go figure!

thank you for the exam paper i was looking for it to. I feel the same about research methods and am struggling to write essays for schizophrenia
Original post by LittleMizzSunshine
thank you for the exam paper i was looking for it to. I feel the same about research methods and am struggling to write essays for schizophrenia

yeah my motivation has dropped a lot for this last paper..I only need 50ums as well but really struggling. Im sure I will up my game soon...Im just doing model answers at the moment for media and then going to try somehow remember them all...gaaah!!!!! its just a stupid memory test I find..gah I could get into another rant of how stupid it is to memorise all these names and studies and statistics etc...im going to try refrain...

how are you revising for it all? Im just writing it all over and over again until it sticks...its a bit backwards but seems to work...its just bloody de-motivating as hell.
Reply 244
Hang on, are you sure it's 18th June? I was told it was 19th June :s-smilie: but I'll be so happy if it is 18th cuz then I won't have two exams on the same day!
Reply 245
Original post by Tpos
Hang on, are you sure it's 18th June? I was told it was 19th June :s-smilie: but I'll be so happy if it is 18th cuz then I won't have two exams on the same day!

I'm 100% sure it's on the 18th. :smile:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCE-JUN12.PDF
Reply 246

Thank You! :biggrin:
Reply 247

Do you think ive elft it too late??? ive only done 3 ESSAYS FOR SCHIZO AND HALF OF SOEM ESSYS ON MEDIA PSYCHOLOGY ONLY HAVE 1 PROPER ESSAY FOR MEDIA WHICH IS GRADE b MY SCHIZOHRENIA ONES ARE AA.
Original post by ikz94
Do you think ive elft it too late??? ive only done 3 ESSAYS FOR SCHIZO AND HALF OF SOEM ESSYS ON MEDIA PSYCHOLOGY ONLY HAVE 1 PROPER ESSAY FOR MEDIA WHICH IS GRADE b MY SCHIZOHRENIA ONES ARE AA.

no you still have time I think, we have 2 months to memorize the essays and learn research methods. I think its possible.

just make sure you have all your essays ready to learn by the end of this month. its what I'm doing and then trying to learn them
Reply 249
no you still have time I think, we have 2 months to memorize the essays and learn research methods. I think its possible.

just make sure you have all your essays ready to learn by the end of this month. its what I'm doing and then trying to learn them

Yeh i should be done with my communications cw this week so will get back too doing psychology essays and history notes gain.
When using determinism as an evaluative point for a theory, what could be said about it's implications (i.e. why it is bad)
Reply 251
Original post by splendidsun
When using determinism as an evaluative point for a theory, what could be said about it's implications (i.e. why it is bad)

I always say that it ignores the idea of free will as it assumes that a certain behaviour will be exhibited or a certain result found and also ignores individual differences (tying in with reductionism).
But then you can say that this is good because it allows behaviour to be predicted which means that we can develop therapies etc
yeah my motivation has dropped a lot for this last paper..I only need 50ums as well but really struggling. Im sure I will up my game soon...Im just doing model answers at the moment for media and then going to try somehow remember them all...gaaah!!!!! its just a stupid memory test I find..gah I could get into another rant of how stupid it is to memorise all these names and studies and statistics etc...im going to try refrain...

how are you revising for it all? Im just writing it all over and over again until it sticks...its a bit backwards but seems to work...its just bloody de-motivating as hell.

That is so true.But think it will be over soon (keeps me motivated). I am struggling to write schizophrenia essays and Research methods is so p*** taking, I need to do my notes on research methods.
Reply 253
Heya, i'm doing addiction & schizophrenia in june - does anyone have any predictions about what questions might come up??? :smile:
Reply 254
Absolutely sick of psychology lessons. What is the point? Having a rubbish teacher who makes powerpoints off the textbook is awful and then just reads them off.. wow good teaching..

Pissed off today for some reason over it :L

EDIT: Actually most of them are from psychexchange.. takes the piss..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 255
Original post by EffKayy
Absolutely sick of psychology lessons. What is the point? Having a rubbish teacher who makes powerpoints off the textbook is awful and then just reads them off.. wow good teaching..

Haha, my lessons are quite similar. Some teachers are so slow, I've resorted to skipping ahead and teaching myself. :colondollar:

How far are you through the 3 topics?
Reply 256
Original post by Heyimdec
Haha, my lessons are quite similar. Some teachers are so slow, I've resorted to skipping ahead and teaching myself. :colondollar:

How far are you through the 3 topics?

Done schizophrenia; Most of addiction. Research methods was covered last summer but i've forgotten it all...so need to recap. But shouldn't be too much hassle.

Going to start actual revision soon.......

How much have you covered?
Reply 257
Original post by EffKayy
Done schizophrenia; Most of addiction. Research methods was covered last summer but i've forgotten it all...so need to recap. But shouldn't be too much hassle.

Going to start actual revision soon.......

How much have you covered?

That's not bad, atleast you're almost finished all the topics. I've finished Depression and Addiction (thanks to self-teaching) and just began Research Methods. :frown:

Beginning actual revision over Easter too.
Reply 258
Original post by EffKayy

Exactly the same here. It's ridiculous!
Im doing media and its a bit of a ball-ache. I think Schizo is a bit more annoying though.

Im trying to soldier on and have my model answers ready in time by the end of this month ready for easter to revise like a madman...it just sucks working 40hours a week though which doesnt make it easy...fml.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending