The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone able to explain and go through Spearmans Rho with me in simple terms? Im finding it quite confusing having not worked with numbers for a while and would really be greatful if someone would be kind enough to explain it in simple terms with an example I can try understand!

anyone please? :s-smilie:
Reply 281
Original post by Mephestic
thanks mate! ok so next Friday (public holiday) il be on in the morning at 9am..at some point Il likely have to go out for a few hours but il be pretty much revising all day once im back later in the evening.

Il be revising all weekend also and bank holiday monday.

What time will you be on?

im readyyy to go :smile: ..
Original post by humera01
im readyyy to go :smile: ..

hey sorry for slight delay! I'm on! shall we start with clinical characteristic of schizophrenia
Reply 283
hey sorry for slight delay! I'm on! shall we start with clinical characteristic of schizophrenia

could we get asked that as a question? ..not another essay to write :colondollar:
i thought it was just
diagnosis and classification
and biological and psychological explanations and treatments
could we get asked that as a question? ..not another essay to write :colondollar:
i thought it was just
diagnosis and classification
and biological and psychological explanations and treatments

Ok no worries mate; we can miss that out.

(but I think we could possible get asked the clinical charecteristics - but its not really an essay you need to learn as there isnt enough on it; more like 6-7 bullet points - maybe something like outline the clinical charecteristics of Schizophrenia)

Lets start with issues with diagnosis and classification;

(on a side note I think we should add each other on msn? just so we can stay up to date and move on to the next essays together- messaging here is creating some delays and im keen to really power through it all today! its your call; my add is [email protected])
Reply 285
Ok no worries mate; we can miss that out.

(but I think we could possible get asked the clinical charecteristics - but its not really an essay you need to learn as there isnt enough on it; more like 6-7 bullet points - maybe something like outline the clinical charecteristics of Schizophrenia)

Lets start with issues with diagnosis and classification;

(on a side note I think we should add each other on msn? just so we can stay up to date and move on to the next essays together- messaging here is creating some delays and im keen to really power through it all today! its your call; my add is [email protected])

i now this is gonna make me sound like a technology retard but i dotn knwo how to add people:colondollar:
you can add me : [email protected]

i dont havce instant messenger either...iv only got msn on this laptop ...will that work
i now this is gonna make me sound like a technology retard but i dotn knwo how to add people:colondollar:
you can add me : [email protected]

i dont havce instant messenger either...iv only got msn on this laptop ...will that work

that should be fine, iv sent you an invite! just log onto messenger and you should see it! accept it and lets get rolling!
When you say MSN - do you mean MSN messenger? thats all you should need!
gah feel like drilling through my brain this revision is that frustrating!!

Just been trying to learn issues with reliability/validity...its not hard but it feels like psya3 again with all these essays we need to learn...annoying to the extreme...
This may be a stupid question, but why are people learning essays for things like media and anomalistic when we don't write full essays for them? I noticed that a lot of questions were the applied type and then there's usually some sort of 10 mark question.
Original post by hannnaaaaah
This may be a stupid question, but why are people learning essays for things like media and anomalistic when we don't write full essays for them? I noticed that a lot of questions were the applied type and then there's usually some sort of 10 mark question.

Yeah I wondered the same but Im just trying to do it so I understand it better and inside out with studies to back up points I make really.

Its silly and difficult to plan for them as you dont fully know how the questions may be asked but there will likely be one essay type question thats at least 10-13 marker it seems and best to have a good grasp for that perhaps...thats my reasoning anyways!
Reply 291
My revision in Psychology is going poorly :frown: Feel soo overwhelmed with the amount of notes I need to re write

Any tips in revising?

Trying to get the A* as well which seems near impossible, :frown:
its possible but requires you to give up any free time revising.

what I do is create model answers from the text book and resources available then memorize those model answers
anyone revising this morning? Im on! feel free to join me! :smile:
Does anyone have any essays for Schizophrenia/Media?
Reply 295
Does anyone have a good way of thinking of an example of and experiment/test to do when you get question which is something like: outline/describe and experiment in order to test two different conditions i.e learn words using Mnemonics and not using them, describe hypothesis, variables etc. My mind seems to go blank and I can't think if anything, is there an easy way to think of something or somewhere I could look for ideas?

Thanks for any ideas
Hi,
Just been revising addiction and realised I'm learning the wrong thing as the spec changed in vulnerability from self-esteem, attributes etc to stress, age, peers and personality. I wondered if anyone has any notes on this topic.
Anyone else suffering from a mental block in revising for this? My mind is totally fried trying to take it all in and feels like nothing else is going on now... :frown:

how are people remembering the studies? what strategy do people use as I need to mix mine up a bit!
Reply 298
Anyone else suffering from a mental block in revising for this? My mind is totally fried trying to take it all in and feels like nothing else is going on now... :frown:

how are people remembering the studies? what strategy do people use as I need to mix mine up a bit!

Read notes for 10 minutes, cover them up, record yourself saying outloud as much as you can remember. Look at the notes again and play the recording back to see how much you got right. :biggrin:
Original post by Heyimdec
Read notes for 10 minutes, cover them up, record yourself saying outloud as much as you can remember. Look at the notes again and play the recording back to see how much you got right. :biggrin:

my brains fried...iv been sat here for hours trying to learn this and its just not happening...

I think im going to totally flunk this paper! gah =/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending