Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im predicted an A* too guys and awkward how I don't think i gained more than 10 marks in the research methods section- WELL DONE ME
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairelouise444)
    im predicted an A* too guys and awkward how I don't think i gained more than 10 marks in the research methods section- WELL DONE ME
    Join the flippin club I failed that section and I was also predicted an A*
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd answered the RM section ok...until I just read through the last few pages of this thread. Definitely failed that then .
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why are people still posting in this thread?

THERES NOTHING WE CAN DO NOW GUYS, try and relax!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gupta-mhm-mhm-mhm)
    Wait a minute ... is replicablility how many times you can replicate or repeat an experiment? i think i did that q wrong... :/
    replicability is defined as the extent to which you can repeat an experiment in order to acheive the same/similar results
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    it would be interesting to see what people wrote for the 5 mark RM question about replicability and it's importance in science
    it appears that 5 marks is alot to write about replicability, but i'm sure collectively, there'll be more than enough.
    ideas anyone?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    it would be interesting to see what people wrote for the 5 mark RM question about replicability and it's importance in science
    it appears that 5 marks is alot to write about replicability, but i'm sure collectively, there'll be more than enough.
    ideas anyone?
    4 marks for the use in science bit. I think it wanted you to link it to other areas too, I personally talked about
    - Reliability
    - Theory construction, explains observations/facts
    - Objectivity, if you get the same results with different observers/researchers, shows theres no bias
    - Shows IV is having an effect on DV, no extraneous variables.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffKayy)
    4 marks for the use in science bit. I think it wanted you to link it to other areas too, I personally talked about
    - Reliability
    - Theory construction, explains observations/facts
    - Objectivity, if you get the same results with different observers/researchers, shows theres no bias
    - Shows IV is having an effect on DV, no extraneous variables.
    See i know where you're coming from, most people will have done that.
    however I struggle to see how that effectively answers the question as to why REPLICABILITY is important in science.

You have, however brought up some good points; you can of course link replicability to other part of science i.e: high replicability entails high reliability, this could be due to control of experiments, objectivity, etc...

There will probably be credit for linking in other characteristics of science, however if there isnt, it leaves very limited information left for a 5 mark question.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    See i know where you're coming from, most people will have done that.
    however I struggle to see how that effectively answers the question as to why REPLICABILITY is important in science.

You have, however brought up some good points; you can of course link replicability to other part of science i.e: high replicability entails high reliability, this could be due to control of experiments, objectivity, etc...

There will probably be credit for linking in other characteristics of science, however if there isnt, it leaves very limited information left for a 5 mark question.
    I defined replicability and then I wrote about reliability and need for falsification and therefore threw in Karl popper and used him. Wrote about peer review and rubbish. Mainly appealed to the second part which was why is it important for a science! Wrote some other stuff which I have forgotten. Wrote about half a page for a 5 marker! Too much I know haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umut110)
    I defined replicability and then I wrote about reliability and need for falsification and therefore threw in Karl popper and used him. Wrote about peer review and rubbish. Mainly appealed to the second part which was why is it important for a science! Wrote some other stuff which I have forgotten. Wrote about half a page for a 5 marker! Too much I know haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    No thats good since i assume many people wont get all 5 marks, but at least you might get them all if you were that detailed!
    I didnt write nearly enough, probably only 3 marks :/

What grade are you aiming for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No thats good since i assume many people wont get all 5 marks, but at least you might get them all if you were that detailed!
    I didnt write nearly enough, probably only 3 marks :/

What grade are you aiming for?
    I just want a B, its all I need for my offer at LSE, Im so worries that I wont get it, I got a high B at AS and then got a C in PSYA4 in january, this is a resit, i just need 128/200 for this yeah to get a B, it seems easy enough, yet Im unable to get it haha. Fingers crossed!!

Yourself?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To people still discussing this exam lol, theres no point talking about what you should or could have written! Cant change it now, just forget about the exam until results day and try to enjoy summer

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umut110)
    I just want a B, its all I need for my offer at LSE, Im so worries that I wont get it, I got a high B at AS and then got a C in PSYA4 in january, this is a resit, i just need 128/200 for this yeah to get a B, it seems easy enough, yet Im unable to get it haha. Fingers crossed!!

Yourself?
    well i am hopeful that you achieve the grade you desire.
    i'm aiming for an A*, i need 84UMS in the PSYA4 exam we have just done
    however, i feel i could have performed better; hopefully i can still acheive my target.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 19941994)
    To people still discussing this exam lol, theres no point talking about what you should or could have written! Cant change it now, just forget about the exam until results day and try to enjoy summer

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
    I understand your view and it is a very good point for those who wish to not think about the exam any further.
    However if you do not wish to analyse/share information about this exam, you are not obligated to read the dicussions on this thread.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robert McGeachan)
    I dunno I wasn't trying to read it I was just writing down as fast as I could it should have been ok.

Did you find out that they could read your writing or did you just get a bad grade and then worked it out from there?
    I found out the hard way on results day. I was predicted an A and got a C, got the paper back after and examiner had a note saying that the writing was not "readable" and was difficult to understand.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should I make a results thread for everyone or shall we simply post our results on here?

Its still 2 months away though I wish I had them now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    almost as awkward as when i put wilcoxon T and i'm predicted an A*....
    i just got the experimental designs mixed up for them; i know everything else fine, thats what annoyed me most!
    I think I put wilcoxon as well haha! can't believe I did it, afterwards I realised and I was like FFS!!!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about replicability and wrote as an example that VanIjzendorn etc replicated the same basis of Ainsworth's Strange Situation.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mephestic)
    Should I make a results thread for everyone or shall we simply post our results on here?

Its still 2 months away though I wish I had them now!
    yeah, then we can all share how much we underacheived!
    it's gonna be such a hectic day; lets just hope we do reasonably well!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I love how everyone is still talking about what they wrote in the exam I'm really starting to dread results day now, my university place rests in the hands of the person marking my Psychology papers...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2013
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.