The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke_Mckeown
you dont need full marks to get 100UMS
due to the conversion between raw mark and UMS score, you can drop a good handful of marks and still get maximum UMS.
you must have answered your other questions exceptionally good; well done!

yeah i guess so, i was really happy with the addiction and schizophrenia stuff too so...yaaaay an A* :biggrin:
Reply 4721
Original post by Mephestic
Thanks luke, very nice of you to say. I very much appreciate all your help also, it was a joint effort I think from everyone supporting one another!

What will you be doing at university if you dont mind me asking?

I bet your excited? Which university are you off to? :smile:

:smile:

It was a pleasure.
I'm incidentally doing Psychology at Newcastle university.
Will be good to get out of Yorkshire once and for all; i'm probably the only person from there that speaks properly.
What about yourself?
It was a pleasure.
I'm incidentally doing Psychology at Newcastle university.
Will be good to get out of Yorkshire once and for all; i'm probably the only person from there that speaks properly.
What about yourself?

Cool :smile: Sounds good!

I have never been yorkshire but would like to visit one day I think.

I wont be going university myself, im actually 27 and working full-time in the field (CBT with offenders as a probation worker) but I picked this up as a hobby really to be productive with my time.

I will likely relax for a while, go on a holiday or something and then think about picking up something else later on :smile:

I wont be going university myself, im actually 27 and working full-time in the field (CBT with offenders as a probation worker) but I picked this up as a hobby really to be productive with my time.

I will likely relax for a while, go on a holiday or something and then think about picking up something else later on :smile:

Mephestic thank you soooo much for your unit 3 notes! With your amazing notes I got 100 UMS on unit 3 and an A* overall. I can't thank you more dude, just pretty thankful I remembered it all haha! :smile:
Reply 4724
I got 77 in unit 3 and 75 in unit 4 so a B over all but pretty glad I got my E in Jan to just a few ums off an A :smile: now off to royal Holloway to study psych , wish me luck!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S
Original post by alexissocool
Mephestic thank you soooo much for your unit 3 notes! With your amazing notes I got 100 UMS on unit 3 and an A* overall. I can't thank you more dude, just pretty thankful I remembered it all haha! :smile:

I'm glad they were helpful! I have made a book out of them for future students so hopefully others will benefit too.

:smile:

This was sent from Mephestics Galaxy Far far away..
Psya1: 83ums Psya2: 90 ums
Psya3: 100ums Psya4: 100ums
Final Grade = A*
Original post by lanaD
I got 77 in unit 3 and 75 in unit 4 so a B over all but pretty glad I got my E in Jan to just a few ums off an A :smile: now off to royal Holloway to study psych , wish me luck!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S

well done Lana, that's really good :yes:

This was sent from Mephestics Galaxy Far far away..
Psya1: 83ums Psya2: 90 ums
Psya3: 100ums Psya4: 100ums
Final Grade = A*
Reply 4727

You should visit; it's a nice place if you ignore the sounds coming from everybody around you... :wink:

Wow, very impressive!
I wish i could get A* grades simply as a hobby! :tongue:
Quick question:

When do people get their certificates? I have been told by my centre they will be available in november? Is this the same for others or have you got them already?

I am a private student at a private centre and wonder if that affects things...?
Reply 4729
I left AS with a low B and got a D in January on psya4. I resat that and done psya3 and got 97 ums on psya4 then 82 ums on psya3! One ums off of an A* so im getting a remark to find one ums! Fingers crossed! Ah well nice to see I got an A and my wrk paid off when my teacher predicted me a C!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4730
Quick question:

When do people get their certificates? I have been told by my centre they will be available in november? Is this the same for others or have you got them already?

I am a private student at a private centre and wonder if that affects things...?

It normally takes several if not more months to receive certificates, so i think thats about right :smile:
I believe its available on psychexchange if you search there.
It normally takes several if not more months to receive certificates, so i think thats about right :smile:

oh right, phew. I thought people received them straight away thats why. Cool guess il wait!
Pretty sure my psya4 has been marked wrong :frown:
I got 100 :smile:
Aah, sorry to hear that. I thought I absolutely ****ed that up and it was clear on here that I got a lot of stuff wrong.

What did you get overall?
Reply 4736
Original post by fionalala12
Pretty sure my psya4 has been marked wrong :frown:

If you truly think your grade was undeserved, get a remark.
Obviously an essay-based paper has guidelines for markers, but it can sometimes be subjective; maybe you got a harsh marker?
If oyu needed a higher grade for university, you need a prioroty re-mark, and you must notify your university immediately so they can hold a place if necessary
If you truly think your grade was undeserved, get a remark.
Obviously an essay-based paper has guidelines for markers, but it can sometimes be subjective; maybe you got a harsh marker?
If oyu needed a higher grade for university, you need a prioroty re-mark, and you must notify your university immediately so they can hold a place if necessary

In January the same thing happened, I came out with a B and it went up 15 marks to an A*! I must admit although I still came out with an A overall, I was after the A* for my Uni place but thankfully they let me in anyway!
Looking at the mark scheme today though, I'm pretty sure something had gone wrong with how they have marked it.. or it's my handwriting!
I got 73 B in PSYA4, and 98 A in PSYA3 so A overall which makes me veeeery happy :biggrin: Stupid research methods...
Reply 4739
Original post by fionalala12
In January the same thing happened, I came out with a B and it went up 15 marks to an A*! I must admit although I still came out with an A overall, I was after the A* for my Uni place but thankfully they let me in anyway!
Looking at the mark scheme today though, I'm pretty sure something had gone wrong with how they have marked it.. or it's my handwriting!

Well if you're in to the uni you wanted now, technically it doesnt matter too much.
but i know what you mean; you'd much rather have the A*.
since theres no rush, you could just put in for a normal re-mark; i suppose there's no harm (unless your grade goes down ;D )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending