The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fzzz
Any prediction for Psychopathology and psy in action

To be honest, for Psychology in Action, you are better off learning it all. They ask questions from all 3 areas from your Topic.

Psychopathology is a little vague? which condition are you doing?
Reply 1341
Bleughh!! I think I'll be driven to the point of insanity with this revision in the coming days. fml
I have an essay on Biological explanations for depression. Would appreciate it if someone had a look at it and gave me some feedback. :smile:
I have wrote all the models of addiction and went over them but its too much to remember. Could anyone suggest a good way of learning all of it so that I wont forget?
Thanks
Reply 1344
Original post by ray-chill
Pretty sure that's right. I think issues surrounding classification and diagnosis came up in January so it hopefully won't come up.:tongue:

Thank-you, that will be one to cross off the list then ... obviously I will revise it a bit but not massively!!

Also, does anyone know how many issues of classification and diagnosis we actually need to know because I have notes on 11 with supporting evidence etc ... is about 5 more appropriate?! x
Original post by sonia6494
I have wrote all the models of addiction and went over them but its too much to remember. Could anyone suggest a good way of learning all of it so that I wont forget?
Thanks

Just learn one aspect for each model. So for example, Biological models for addiction just learn the disease model: the role of dopamine for example. Learn it for initiation, maintenance and relapse though.
Remember in addictive behaviour they will ask an eclectic mix of questions and will not be just focused on one aspect. So max you would probably get for a model would be 10 marks with a mixture of A01 and A02/A03 in there too probably.

Hope this helped.
Original post by Jem_x
Thank-you, that will be one to cross off the list then ... obviously I will revise it a bit but not massively!!

Also, does anyone know how many issues of classification and diagnosis we actually need to know because I have notes on 11 with supporting evidence etc ... is about 5 more appropriate?! x

It all depends on depth/breadth. You could have lots in little detail or less in more detail. All your choice.
Someone email me depression essays??? Or even media?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
QUESTION!!!

How are people going to answer "Clinical Charecteristics of Schizophrenia" ?

What model answer have people got for this?
i do Research methods, anomalistic science and Depression, is there any predictions for depression?
Original post by Mephestic
QUESTION!!!

How are people going to answer "Clinical Charecteristics of Schizophrenia" ?

What model answer have people got for this?

Depends on the mark allocation, I got a book with model answers at the back that has a "good" 4 mark one.
Reply 1351
Hey does anyone have any notes on spearman, man-whitney etc that they dont mind sharing with me? It really really really be appreciated - i need to get my head round it more :biggrin:
Reply 1352
Only resitting this because in the January paper I read "Therapies" as "Theories" for anxiety disorders so I ended up getting a D because I answered a question worth 25 marks wrong :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1353
Original post by Rose957
80% :smile:

so are the grade boundries as low as they were for unit 3? xx
how many marks do you need in psya 4 to get a B
Reply 1355
what ao2s could you use for maintenance of addictive behaviour?
Can I have some strengths and weaknesses for genetic (biological) explanation to depression? Need them A02's £££££

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad
Reply 1357
Hey guys!

I am doing addiction, depression and rm

Anyone got any predictions?
how many marks do you need for psya4 to get a B roughly
any predictions for depression
Original post by swiftylol
Depends on the mark allocation, I got a book with model answers at the back that has a "good" 4 mark one.

Care to share it on here please? :s-smilie: I would be greatful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending