The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I need to get 76 in this exam to get a B, am starting big revision push now lol :smile:
Original post by Hooby
I need to get 76 in this exam to get a B, am starting big revision push now lol :smile:

hey, whats your email? il send you what I have, its all zipped and theres likely too much to upload here lol.

If you get around to make some notes too i would be greatful if you would return the favour too in future as I too can use all the help I can get!

-Mephestic
I just got an A (83) in this unit 4 exam, has anyone done unit 3 and four? How much easier/harder is unit 3? i need 80UMS in this next exam for an overall A? thanks :smile:!
Original post by Mephestic
hey, whats your email? il send you what I have, its all zipped and theres likely too much to upload here lol.

If you get around to make some notes too i would be greatful if you would return the favour too in future as I too can use all the help I can get!

-Mephestic

could i also get a your notes etc, ill pm you my email if thats ok?
Original post by sarahlabrosse
I just got an A (83) in this unit 4 exam, has anyone done unit 3 and four? How much easier/harder is unit 3? i need 80UMS in this next exam for an overall A? thanks :smile:!

unit 3 is rock solid...it took me about 5-6 months of revision to try and get my head around the stuff on it; theres just way way way too much to take in and learn.

You will see what I mean when you look into the topics:

You pick 3 topics from a selection of 8.

Each topic then has about 5-7 different sections to learn within it meaning you need to learn about 5-7 essays each x 3 which means about 20 essays in total you need to know practically inside out to make sure you know everything.

I would not want to do psya3 again :s-smilie: im so glad I got it done and dusted!
unit 3 is rock solid...it took me about 5-6 months of revision to try and get my head around the stuff on it; theres just way way way too much to take in and learn.

You will see what I mean when you look into the topics:

You pick 3 topics from a selection of 8.

Each topic then has about 5-7 different sections to learn within it meaning you need to learn about 5-7 essays each x 3 which means about 20 essays in total you need to know practically inside out to make sure you know everything.

I would not want to do psya3 again :s-smilie: im so glad I got it done and dusted!

Yeh, i'ce already covered relationships, and im starting sleep, then im not sure what my final one is!

How did you do on it? and what did you get in AS, :smile:? I only need a B for university, but would love to get an A, i would need 81 UMS on the paper!

good luck with unit four too, as i wanted to kill myself the whole time! hahaa, hope you find it better than i did :smile:!
Reply 166
Not aiming for the A* anymore.

So I need to scrape a C literally on this paper to get an A overall.
Original post by sarahlabrosse
Yeh, i'ce already covered relationships, and im starting sleep, then im not sure what my final one is!

How did you do on it? and what did you get in AS, :smile:? I only need a B for university, but would love to get an A, i would need 81 UMS on the paper!

good luck with unit four too, as i wanted to kill myself the whole time! hahaa, hope you find it better than i did :smile:!

for psya3 I got 100 ums (A*) somehow (dont ask how).

But I did really put the effort in, I spent many months trying to revise for it and get it all in.
It ultimately is a game of luck and what topics come up really- I just happened to hedge my bets well and hardwork + luck = success usually.

Aggression is relatively easy I think in comparison to others but thats just my 2 cents.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 168
Original post by EffKayy
Not aiming for the A* anymore.

So I need to scrape a C literally on this paper to get an A overall.

Why are you not aiming for the A* anymore?
I thought I read somewhere you got 89 ums in PSYA3.
Sorry if I'm mistaken. :s-smilie:
Reply 169
Original post by Raeile
Why are you not aiming for the A* anymore?
I thought I read somewhere you got 89 ums in PSYA3.
Sorry if I'm mistaken. :s-smilie:

Yes I got 89ums. I will need 91ums in PSYA4 to get an A*, which I don't think I will get as I only got 89ums with so much effort.... so yeah......
Reply 170
Original post by EffKayy
Yes I got 89ums. I will need 91ums in PSYA4 to get an A*, which I don't think I will get as I only got 89ums with so much effort.... so yeah......

Oh, I see. :smile: I thought I remembered as I also got 89 ums.
I don't think I'm going to aim for the A* either.
However, I'm sure you could get it if you wanted too. (:
Reply 171
Original post by EffKayy

Don't you give up Effkay, we've tralled through hours and hours of revision for unit 3, just gotta repeat for unit 4. You need 91 UMS? That shouldn't be too bad, my Psychology teacher says this unit will be easier than unit 3. Besides, I only need 86 UMS for an A*. :biggrin: We can do it!
Reply 172
Original post by Heyimdec
Don't you give up Effkay, we've tralled through hours and hours of revision for unit 3, just gotta repeat for unit 4. You need 91 UMS? That shouldn't be too bad, my Psychology teacher says this unit will be easier than unit 3. Besides, I only need 86 UMS for an A*. :biggrin: We can do it!

True!
Aah this has actually motivated me. I CAN get it.. however I felt a little disheartened as there were many people that scored 100 in my year and I worked soo hard haha!
I've sent a request for a photocopy of my script. Want to see where my weakness is (think its evaluation).

I also think I need to make sure I dont just regurgitate everything Ive memorised in the exam as in PSYA3, one of the questions was to "Assess the importance of social influences", but I didn't think much of it as I thought it was general evaluation so didnt link back, yet the markscheme said it had to be explicitly linked. THINK that was my downfall.

Oh well atleast I can improve!

Haha ive wrote so much... but thankyouu
Reply 173
Original post by EffKayy
True!
Aah this has actually motivated me. I CAN get it.. however I felt a little disheartened as there were many people that scored 100 in my year and I worked soo hard haha!
I've sent a request for a photocopy of my script. Want to see where my weakness is (think its evaluation).

I also think I need to make sure I dont just regurgitate everything Ive memorised in the exam as in PSYA3, one of the questions was to "Assess the importance of social influences", but I didn't think much of it as I thought it was general evaluation so didnt link back, yet the markscheme said it had to be explicitly linked. THINK that was my downfall.

Oh well atleast I can improve!

Haha ive wrote so much... but thankyouu

Good luck mate, we'll get the A*.

This unit doesn't require as much(?) IDAs, so if it was that aspect of evaluation you were struggling with then don't worry, it's not needed as much. :wink:
for psya3 I got 100 ums (A*) somehow (dont ask how).

But I did really put the effort in, I spent many months trying to revise for it and get it all in.
It ultimately is a game of luck and what topics come up really- I just happened to hedge my bets well and hardwork + luck = success usually.

Aggression is relatively easy I think in comparison to others but thats just my 2 cents.

what did u get in un it 3? I got 74 (ums) grade B so annoyed tho worked my ass off
Has anyone got any notes for schizoprenia,addicitve behaviour and research methods. Any help will be appreciated.
Original post by Hooby

I need 72 in this exam to get a B
Original post by missemma1
what did u get in un it 3? I got 74 (ums) grade B so annoyed tho worked my ass off

lol you quoted me with what I got!

I got 100 ums with full marks, A grade.

I did revise for 6 months though to be fair and all the questions I had some decent or reasonable knowledge on came up so it was luck.

I memorised a ton of studies too to back up my points also.
Reply 178
lol you quoted me with what I got!

I got 100 ums with full marks, A grade.

I did revise for 6 months though to be fair and all the questions I had some decent or reasonable knowledge on came up so it was luck.

I memorised a ton of studies too to back up my points also.

100ums isnt neccessarily full raw marks though ..?
Original post by EffKayy
100ums isnt neccessarily full raw marks though ..?

I dont know what my raw marks are - my private centre didnt tell me that.

They merely sent me a copy/paste of the UMS and result element they got from their screen in email format.

How do I findout my raw marks? I imagine Il get that once I finish the last paper and cash it all in for the full A-level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending