The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by milliec08
Yeah same, raining and hail and i still loved it! ha! didnt know there was a medicine offer holder group? :s-smilie: i meant the bristol firmers one :smile: I'm from Liverpool so quite a treck really but its worth it

Yeah, there's one specifically for medics! It's quite surreal seeing pictures of the people doing the course next year...
I'll join the bristol firmers one now though :smile: And wow, the Liverpool-Bristol train journey must be looong :tongue:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Just made Bristol my firm choice! excited! :biggrin:
Just firmed Bristol for Economics! How scary :biggrin:
Reply 223
Original post by Kidneyjean
Yeah, there's one specifically for medics! It's quite surreal seeing pictures of the people doing the course next year...
I'll join the bristol firmers one now though :smile: And wow, the Liverpool-Bristol train journey must be looong :tongue:

Ha! Well it's 3 hours which is quite long but some of my mates are in Falmouth which is like 8 hours away so in comparison it's not too bad at all :P
It is crazy isn't it! Some if them have added me and been chatting to them and you think, I could be living with them next year! Haha it's wierd
Just firmed Bristol for languages! :biggrin:
Firmed for History!
Original post by FuzzySheep
Firmed for History!

YAY! :woo: I hope to see you around this October. It was great fun chatting with you over TSR. :smile:

Join the Facebook group? http://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolfirmers2012/

Which accommodation are you hoping for?
Original post by punctuation
YAY! :woo: I hope to see you around this October. It was great fun chatting with you over TSR. :smile:

Join the Facebook group? http://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolfirmers2012/

Which accommodation are you hoping for?

Hello again :biggrin: Yes, definitely! I actually firmed York on Wednesday and had some sort of epiphany today telling me to go to Bristol, so changed the decision :tongue: feeling very excited now though! The city looks so amazing.

As for accomodation, I haven't really looked yet, but it's going to just depend on what I can afford :tongue: How about you? I remember you thinking about Goldney, are you sticking with that? It looks lovely!

I don't use Facebook much anymore but will go on just for the Bristol group, hehe. Hope you're doing well! :smile:
Reply 228
Firmed Bristol for Law with German, is anyone else looking at accommodation in Wills hall?
Original post by FuzzySheep
Hello again :biggrin: Yes, definitely! I actually firmed York on Wednesday and had some sort of epiphany today telling me to go to Bristol, so changed the decision :tongue: feeling very excited now though! The city looks so amazing.

As for accomodation, I haven't really looked yet, but it's going to just depend on what I can afford :tongue: How about you? I remember you thinking about Goldney, are you sticking with that? It looks lovely!

I don't use Facebook much anymore but will go on just for the Bristol group, hehe. Hope you're doing well! :smile:

Wow, how exciting! I had a slightly similar experience, when deciding my UCAS choices I was stuck between York and Bristol. I was leaning towards York until I talked to both universities' representatives at a uni fair; the Bristol representative was nicer, more friendly, etc. I made the right choice, evidently, and so did you! :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm putting Goldney as my first choice, because it's really pretty and the rooms are a great size! However, I've decided recently that The Hawthorns will be my second choice; it's right in the precinct (around the corner from lectures), it's spacious and has an Ikea-esque interior design. :tongue:

Hooray! I am excitedly anticipating going to uni, haha.
Reply 230
Original post by Lovefoxxx_93
Just firmed Bristol for languages! :biggrin:

Which languages? I'm doing German and ab initio Russian (grades permitting..!)
Reply 231
Original post by Beerey
Firmed Bristol for Law with German, is anyone else looking at accommodation in Wills hall?

I think I'll apply for Wills - I'm also doing German! But with Russian not Law
Original post by georgie94

Spanish and ab initio Russian :wink:
Original post by georgie94

Wow, that's so cool! I'd love to do that, haha. :smile:
Reply 234
Original post by killsweetcorn
Heyya congrats on drama first! And you get a free buss pass in your first year so it doesnt matter how far away they are in my opinion dont look at where you want to go based on distance as its only youre first year unless being really close to the centre is deadly important to you i would priotritise it. Stoke Bishop campus which is in downs has a really good rep for having a good social atmosphere as most people who live there are all students giving its a firm bond. I'm hoping to go to Hiatt Baker or Baddock as they are renounded for a good social life :smile:

hi could u tell me if everyone gets this bus pass? :smile:
Original post by bugsy12
hi could u tell me if everyone gets this bus pass? :smile:

Everyone who lives in Stoke Bishop gets one free, and I think people from other halls sometimes as well? I assume they're issued at the start of the year, along with all the other administrative things. :tongue:
Reply 236
After staring at my ucas page I finally firmed Bristol to do history :biggrin: Now I am stuck on accommodation... Colston Street, Hawthorns...ahhh too many options!
Reply 237
Original post by punctuation
Everyone who lives in Stoke Bishop gets one free, and I think people from other halls sometimes as well? I assume they're issued at the start of the year, along with all the other administrative things. :tongue:

I was also under the impression that buses from SB were free, but then I found this page on the website: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/transportplan/transport/bus/uni-bus-service/#routes

Now I'm really confused :frown:
Reply 238
Original post by hannahdlc
I was also under the impression that buses from SB were free, but then I found this page on the website: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/transportplan/transport/bus/uni-bus-service/#routes

Now I'm really confused :frown:

My Firm and Insurance are Bristol and Sheffield too!

..sorry it's not relevant to your bus question. :colondollar:
It says on THIS page that all students in uni. accomm. are issued with a free bus pass. :dontknow:
Reply 239
I have firmed Bristol to study Economics and Management and the offer was AAB. I am thinking of changing to law by contacting the university. Is this possible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending