The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reggio
He lives there! However, he said 'apparently' when I was talking to him, so I'm not sure

Ahh right, sorry for seeming so cynical! :tongue: Did he saying anything about living in Clifton generally?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 41
Original post by Kidneyjean
Ahh right, sorry for seeming so cynical! :tongue: Did he saying anything about living in Clifton generally?

Haha don't worry about it lol Well, I went to visit him and stayed over and it was great imo didn't get a chance to go clubbing, bu his kitchen/flat mates were discussing a couple of different places to go with some excitement so I assume that kind of stuff is relatively available and good... As a place, Clifton is incredibly beautiful, and great for cycling (steep hills)- I'm sure you know how beautiful Avon Gorge is as well- and due to basically being the city centre, it has a Tesco's, Waitrose, Costa's etc etc and if your mates want to visit you by coach, the coach stops less than 5 minutes away from Manor Hall... Just great in general, launderette very close, everything within walking distance, plenty of restaurants(franchise stuff like ASK Italian, Nando's and more fancy stuff too)...

Only thing I had to walk for about 20 minutes (nearer to the UWE part of Bristol) to find a fry-up place, although you wouldn't need that much as a student as you'd probably only be able to cook a fry-up lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
I think I'll be firming Bristol. Not sure yet though!

Name (optional): Aoife
Course: Modern Languages
Offer: AB & Welsh Baccalaureate
Which accommodation are you thinking of? Possible Durdham? I don't know. I'd like self-catered with an ensuite.
Hey guys! I set up a Facebook group for Bristol firmers. :smile: Please join!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolfirmers2012/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
I'll be studying Law :smile:! I like the sound of University Hall purely because it has a better social life, I would prefer Durdham but have heard its quiet? Does anyone know if this is true?

Also considering Goldney :/ too many decisions!
Reply 45
I'm not sure whether to firm Bristol or York for law. I guess I'll have to go see them again. Any suggestions?
Original post by RHod
I'm not sure whether to firm Bristol or York for law. I guess I'll have to go see them again. Any suggestions?

I'm a bit biased here, considering i'm firming Bristol for Law, but Bristol's Law School is far more established :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by aimlessinwonder
I'm a bit biased here, considering i'm firming Bristol for Law, but Bristol's Law School is far more established :smile:

Yeah that is swaying me towards Bristol but I like the course structure in York. I asked a judge friend which to go to out of Warwick, Bristol and York and he said Bristol so i'm kinda swaying towards there at the moment.
Original post by RHod
Yeah that is swaying me towards Bristol but I like the course structure in York. I asked a judge friend which to go to out of Warwick, Bristol and York and he said Bristol so i'm kinda swaying towards there at the moment.

York is a great university but it's Law school has only been running for a very, very short amount of time, thus it's lack of inclusion on league tables. The course looks interesting and i'm sure in time it'll become very established but in Law, given how competitive the environment is when applying for TCs etc., Bristol is a far safer bet.

Also Bristol is awesome :thumbsup:
Reply 49
Original post by aimlessinwonder
York is a great university but it's Law school has only been running for a very, very short amount of time, thus it's lack of inclusion on league tables. The course looks interesting and i'm sure in time it'll become very established but in Law, given how competitive the environment is when applying for TCs etc., Bristol is a far safer bet.

Also Bristol is awesome :thumbsup:

I think I probably will end up firming Bristol, thanks!! I guess I just have to think it over really carefully, weighing up the pros and cons of each.
Original post by Conor
Going to firm Bristol for History.

alright mate, have you firmed already? I can't pluck up the courage to decline my other offers, although I'm 100% sure I'm firming Bristol aha
Course: History
Offer: AAB
Which accommodation are you thinking of? UH, Goldney or Manor Hall. Torn between choosing Stoke Bishop or Clifton. Don't want to miss out on anything!
Original post by TonyH663
alright mate, have you firmed already? I can't pluck up the courage to decline my other offers, although I'm 100% sure I'm firming Bristol aha

I've got an offer from Bristol as well, but can't decide between Bristol and Durham?
Original post by samloveshistory
I've got an offer from Bristol as well, but can't decide between Bristol and Durham?

Ouch, very tough choice for you. I'd say Bristol as a city edges it over Durham, but then again, Durham is amazing for History, ranked 1st or 2nd this year?

If you're not used to small places like Durham that would be a detriment also. I'll firm Bristol, just don't know when! :P

Where else did you apply?

I'm having same problem, except Imperial is also a contender. Not for history mind.
Hey people ! I've put bristol as my firm choice and just wanted to see who else had! I'm going to the vist day on the 22nd of Feb is anyone else? Also I've applied for law anyone else? :smile: x
Original post by TonyH663

Where else did you apply?

Oxford, got rejected after being pooled so reapllication is still an option for me;
St Andrew's, haven't heard, don't really care either way
Exeter, AAA
Bristol, AAA
Durham, AA

Certainly a conundrum! What about you?
Oxford, got rejected after being pooled so reapllication is still an option for me;
St Andrew's, haven't heard, don't really care either way
Exeter, AAA
Bristol, AAA
Durham, AA

Certainly a conundrum! What about you?

Durham AA?

I applied to, and received offers from Bristol, Nottingham, Southampton, Leicester and Reading.

I'm not really in any sort of uncertainty, I just can't actually decline any of my offers aha.

Three very good unis on your list; Exeter, Durham and Bristol are all top class. Any of those and you will have great prospects.
Yeah AA, because they counted my Maths A2 which I did last year.

Having a good look round Bristol in about 2 weeks; will be in a much more informed position then hopefully
Reply 59
Course: History
Offer: AAA
Which accommodation are you thinking of? Maybe Durdham? Want self catered, generally not really sure though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending