The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jacky23
Just about to firm now :biggrin:

For straight economics, but I'm not sure whether to switch to econ+maths.

I can't wait now, it was my first time visiting Bristol at the open day and i loved it :biggrin:

I'm for straight economics too, so if you do go with that I'll see you around. Which opening day did you go to? Might have seen you already haha!

From what I've heard, the course is already very mathematical but it's maths taught by economists so it's all very applicable etc. Dunno if that info's any use to you though. :tongue:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 121
Original post by NuclearFusion
I'm probably firming for Physics :smile: Thinking about Durdham hall as it is new, Wills seemed a bit too formal on the open day, and Hiatt Baker looked a bit rundown. Was thinking about the Clifton residences, but I know most undergraduates are based in Stoke Bishop, so although Clifton is closer, I don't want to be away from the action!

Yo dawg.

I live in Bristol. Reason students choose not to live in Clifton is because it's expensive. It's pretty much the Westminster of Bristol.
You'll find that Bristol has excellent transport links, thus some students may choose to live in further away places such as Fishponds per examplar. You reduce accommodation cost, and pay more towards transport. Either ways you're going to be paying a lot to live in Bristol compared with more rural cities such as Newcastle Under Lyme's Keele.
Yada Yada.
Areas to avoid: Easton after dark.
Nice places to go: The water front/Watershed/the whole art-y area in Bristol around the Hippodrome.
Transport Links: First buses run the whole town. It's like £4 for a day rider or whatever. Temple Meads train station runs from the centre and there's Parkway too.
Cheapest place to buy shizzle: You'll find Ikea in BS5 and there's about 6 or 7 Lidls spread out all over town.
Pro tip: Buy a bike and spend less on transport. Bristol has excellent cycle tracks spread out all over the city. You can also easily cycle to Bath or whatever if you fancy.
Consequences: You may adopt an atrocious accent and a dirty habit of greeting everyone with the phrase "I'te me loverrrr".
Reply 122
Original post by Yangydoodles
I'm for straight economics too, so if you do go with that I'll see you around. Which opening day did you go to? Might have seen you already haha!

From what I've heard, the course is already very mathematical but it's maths taught by economists so it's all very applicable etc. Dunno if that info's any use to you though. :tongue:

I went to the one on the 7th March :smile:
Yea the guy who gave the lecture at end virtually only talked about maths haha :P
I'll see anyway, I've got a while to decide.
I have just firmed Bristol for straight economics. :biggrin:
Original post by Classical Liberal
I have just firmed Bristol for straight economics. :biggrin:

Woo another L100'er! :tongue:

Original post by jacky23
I went to the one on the 7th March :smile:
Yea the guy who gave the lecture at end virtually only talked about maths haha :P
I'll see anyway, I've got a while to decide.

Ahh, I was there too, I might have seen you there without realising. :tongue: What are you deciding between?
Just Firmed Bristol for Psychology (AAA) :biggrin:

Insured Royal Holloway AAB

Took me ages to actually do it, logging in and out of track about 20 times :P
Original post by tamimi
Yo dawg.

I live in Bristol. Reason students choose not to live in Clifton is because it's expensive. It's pretty much the Westminster of Bristol.
You'll find that Bristol has excellent transport links, thus some students may choose to live in further away places such as Fishponds per examplar. You reduce accommodation cost, and pay more towards transport. Either ways you're going to be paying a lot to live in Bristol compared with more rural cities such as Newcastle Under Lyme's Keele.
Yada Yada.
Areas to avoid: Easton after dark.
Nice places to go: The water front/Watershed/the whole art-y area in Bristol around the Hippodrome.
Transport Links: First buses run the whole town. It's like £4 for a day rider or whatever. Temple Meads train station runs from the centre and there's Parkway too.
Cheapest place to buy shizzle: You'll find Ikea in BS5 and there's about 6 or 7 Lidls spread out all over town.
Pro tip: Buy a bike and spend less on transport. Bristol has excellent cycle tracks spread out all over the city. You can also easily cycle to Bath or whatever if you fancy.
Consequences: You may adopt an atrocious accent and a dirty habit of greeting everyone with the phrase "I'te me loverrrr".

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by tamimi
Snippity snip

Very useful, thanks for this :smile:

Anyone else firming for A100 Medicine?
Reply 128
Original post by Yangydoodles
Woo another L100'er! :tongue:

Ahh, I was there too, I might have seen you there without realising. :tongue: What are you deciding between?

I only really remember the people who I was with on the tour :P
Whether to switch from Straight Econ to Econ+maths. Bit unsure.
Reply 129
Firmed Bristol for Aeronautical engineering!! (A*AA) :-)

Hopefully going to University or Goldney halls when we can finally apply for it
Hey guys! I originally applied to study Law at Bristol, but pretty much A WEEK after I had applied I was already thinking that I should have chosen Physics. Since then I've received a conditional offer, AAA, from Bristol and I'm currently negotiating whether I can change this to Physics. The Physics Admissions people are optimistic but are waiting on the Law depts go ahead, in the mean time I have been invited to the Physics Open Day this Thursday 22. I suppose I am not yet a Physics Firmer but I sure as hell wanna be. Hello to everyone!
I'm glad I'm seeing more economic undergrads 2012 around here! Could you guys tell more about what it was like at the open day, and basically what sold you off to firming Bristol compared to the other unis etc...It'll make the decision of choosing bristol for international students like me so much more exciting and worthwhile ;D
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kidneyjean
Very useful, thanks for this :smile:

Anyone else firming for A100 Medicine?

Yup i am! :biggrin:
Original post by Gosh.im.fit
Yup i am! :biggrin:

Ah awesome, I was beginning to feel lonely! :tongue: When did you have your interview?
Reply 134
Hey everyone.

I've recently firmed my unconditional offer for Neuroscience at Bristol :smile:.
Not sure about accommodation yet, been looking at the different options.
Reply 135
Hi, Just wondering if there are any other Bristol 2012 firmer "parents" out there?
Original post by gee231205
Hey everyone.

I've recently firmed my unconditional offer for Neuroscience at Bristol :smile:.
Not sure about accommodation yet, been looking at the different options.

Wow! Congrats on your unconditional.
I just got an ABB for Neuroscience too, so will hopefully see you there.
Almost definitely firming for L101!

Original post by Gosh.im.fit
x

So are you actually fit?
Reply 138
Original post by PurdeyPurd

I just got an ABB for Neuroscience too, so will hopefully see you there.

Congrats on your offer. 'fingers crossed':smile:
Reply 139
May I join? :wink:

Economics and Management applicant here! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending