Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

JP Morgan Schools Programme 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just a bookmark for the future

Taking my sweet time with this, going for a deadline of the end of Easter to submit.

Just slightly unsure by what they'd expect from our current work experiences and stuff. I mean, I have a load of maths related ones but I suppose they should just be looking at potential and commitment to things rather than direct work experience in the banks as this is a programme to bring awareness, not an internship or anything.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee)
    The awkward moment when my firm uni is your insurance, i'm doing econ though!
    Are you mentioning your firm uni offer in your CV? I'm thinking of dropping it in..
    Gratz on your offer

I should think that they would pay some attention to which uni and what subject as it is relevant (obviously they'll balance it out compared to year 12s).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Where will you guys be staying if you get in? Obviously there is no accommodation or anything!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sreddy17)
    Where will you guys be staying if you get in? Obviously there is no accommodation or anything!
    I'd imagine most people applying live in London anyway so they'll just commute from home. I'm guessing you're out of London?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reminisce)
    Gratz on your offer

I should think that they would pay some attention to which uni and what subject as it is relevant (obviously they'll balance it out compared to year 12s).
    Thanks man, likewise!

Yeah hopefully they do, time to see if going to a "target" uni actually helps! Hmm year 12's have next year aswell, and it'll be hard to compete with someone who's of to a top uni.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confused101)
    I'd imagine most people applying live in London anyway so they'll just commute from home. I'm guessing you're out of London?
    Yes I am unfortunately, any ideas?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkydee)
    Thanks man, likewise!

Yeah hopefully they do, time to see if going to a "target" uni actually helps! Hmm year 12's have next year aswell, and it'll be hard to compete with someone who's of to a top uni.
    Thanks and yeah I guess so, I'm just intrigued by what proportion of year 12s they accept compared to year 13s.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you all have any idea of what sort of area of banking you'd like to go into?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am unfortunately, any ideas?
    Well they state that you have to sort your own travel arrangements out...so I assume you'll have to stay at a friend/family's house or get a hotel room for two days =S
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually been on this b4? Is it good or what?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finished CV and everything finally

I'm confused about this motivation on CV yet also on the application process itself. Do you simply do a duplicate or what?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually been on this b4? Is it good or what?
    The only use of this scheme is being able to put JP Morgan on your CV. You're just going to spend 2 days brownosing analysts and being a lackey.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Guys, how does the application process work? We send of our CV's, are there interviews, online tests ect? Thanks
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsunami2011)
    The only use of this scheme is being able to put JP Morgan on your CV. You're just going to spend 2 days brownosing analysts and being a lackey.
    Not even that

J P Morgan are also notorious for not caring about what you have done before with them when applying for the next thing. For example, getting a spring week with them will have little bearing on your summer internship application.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    do they expect year 13s to put uni offer in education?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgesundae)
    do they expect year 13s to put uni offer in education?
    Don't think so, it seems to just say grades and what-not.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Competencies)
    Not even remotely close to being true.

IIRC, the recruiter who spoke at this event last year stated that for the previous year, their incoming grad class was made up entirely of people who had participated in their summer internship programme.

The % of summer interns made up from people who had participated in a JPM spring week was also incredibly high.
    I can vouch for this:

From the words of a VP in prime brokerage at JPM I had a coffee with on Monday

"All our grad hires were guys who did internships with us"
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Not even that

J P Morgan are also notorious for not caring about what you have done before with them when applying for the next thing. For example, getting a spring week with them will have little bearing on your summer internship application.
    As others have said, at the event last year the guy implied that even attending something like this would give you a slightly better chance when applying for spring weeks.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Competencies)
    Not even remotely close to being true.

IIRC, the recruiter who spoke at this event last year stated that for the previous year, their incoming grad class was made up entirely of people who had participated in their summer internship programme.

The % of summer interns made up from people who had participated in a JPM spring week was also incredibly high.

(Original post by Hackett)
    I can vouch for this:

From the words of a VP in prime brokerage at JPM I had a coffee with on Monday

"All our grad hires were guys who did internships with us"

(Original post by internetstephen)
    As others have said, at the event last year the guy implied that even attending something like this would give you a slightly better chance when applying for spring weeks.
    I know it goes against the general consensus with what people think but that's what I was told by a recruiter.

Find it hilarious that I am being negged for saying something that doesn't follow what people think should be the case. It's what I was told by a real person (whether it's true or not I don't know but I can be sure as hell it was what I was told :rolleyes:)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in applying but am worried that my predicted grades will be frowned upon - BBBB (I am aiming for AAAB in my summer exams, I am doing AS btw)
    Do you think that my predicted grades will let me down on this occasion and I should wait till next year where my predicted grades will most likely be higher?
    Thanks.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 3, 2013
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.