The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

do first year KCL students have different timetables?
Reply 21
^Yes. Dramatically different.

Everyone has lectures at the same time, but tutorials (as only in groups of 7/8) or naturally at differing times.

The dreaded Friday evening tutorials would kill me! Yet some poor people have them.

Me and Lauren are lucky :biggrin:
Dreama
^Yes. Dramatically different.

Everyone has lectures at the same time, but tutorials (as only in groups of 7/8) or naturally at differing times.

The dreaded Friday evening tutorials would kill me! Yet some poor people have them.

oh god I really hope I don't get any on Friday if I come to kings! I'd have an extra long weekend if there were no tutorials/ lectures on friday :smile:
Reply 23
Dreama

Lucky... hell yeah. Don't think I can ever go back to a 5-day working week now!
First year at Durham:

Monday - 9am-11am, 2.15-4.15
Tuesday, 10am-11.am, 2.15-3.15
Wednesday, 9am-11am
Thursday, 5.15-6.15
Friday, 2.15-3.15

That's ten hours altogether and then I have an average of two tutorials every week, if you're lucky you can make sure that all of your tutorials are immediately before or after your lectures...
Reply 25
Lauren18
No around 12 hours seems to be the norm for Law (although I've heard various between 8-15) :smile:

I can't be bothered to write down my timetable now, but my tutor periodically lectures me about how I should be doing 30 hours a week per subject (bearing in mind we do 1 subject one week and 2 the others). I have never worked out whether this is on top of lectures, tutes and my German language/law classes or not, but I don't do the 30 anyway: probably nearer 20.

Latest

Trending

Trending