The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

63 for an A, according to the grade boundaries.
Original post by Parthenon93
63 for an A, according to the grade boundaries.

Yeah I saw that as well! Thats not too bad.
Reply 442
Original post by Helghast
I honestly got my results......

Well I suppose you wouldn't be lying...
Reply 443
Original post by Helghast
Not really. M1 was a piece of cake, so boundaries are high.

Yeh It may have been easy but people always make silly mistakes in mechanics, to drop 4 marks max in any mechanics paper is impressive so surprised at only 93 ums for that.
Is it possible for exam boards to make mistakes (in terms of your grade)? Because my Maths teacher said I done REALLY REALLY REALLY well in M1 (he didn't tell me exactly what) but with what he said I am sure he meant above 95 UMS. However, I am absolutely sure I got below 90 UMS... (around 80-83)..

Is it possible for them to later contact you and say ''actually you got this grade etc''
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
Is it possible for exam boards to make mistakes (in terms of your grade)? Because my Maths teacher said I done REALLY REALLY REALLY well in M1 (he didn't tell me exactly what) but with what he said I am sure he meant above 95 UMS. However, I am absolutely sure I got below 90 UMS... (around 80-83)..

Is it possible for them to later contact you and say ''actually you got this grade etc''

Yes, the results sheet says that they are provisional (or maybe I just pulled that from out of my arse, it definitely says something like that though).
I have never heard of it happening though and it's not as though the boards are checking candidates' results to make sure they haven't made any mistakes.
Original post by When you see it...
Yes, the results sheet says that they are provisional (or maybe I just pulled that from out of my arse, it definitely says something like that though).
I have never heard of it happening though and it's not as though the boards are checking candidates' results to make sure they haven't made any mistakes.

What.... :/ that means I probably didn't get it..
Reply 447

Nope, once your result is out, it's set in the stone. Anyways, 83 or 100, they are both A.

Just be happy you got that. :rolleyes:
What.... :/ that means I probably didn't get it..

Why don't you just wait until tomorrow? Then you can worry about whether a mistake was made. As it stands, you are not sure that you were awarded such a high mark. It could be that you were awarded a mark similar to what you were expecting (i.e. in the 80s) which your teacher deemed to be good. Or your teacher mistook you for someone else either when reading the results or telling you about them.
Maybe you did better than you expected. If you are still worried tomorrow after being awarded 95-100 you can order your script to check whether a mistake was made.
Original post by When you see it...
Why don't you just wait until tomorrow? Then you can worry about whether a mistake was made. As it stands, you are not sure that you were awarded such a high mark. It could be that you were awarded a mark similar to what you were expecting (i.e. in the 80s) which your teacher deemed to be good. Or your teacher mistook you for someone else either when reading the results or telling you about them.
Maybe you did better than you expected. If you are still worried tomorrow after being awarded 95-100 you can order your script to check whether a mistake was made.

I would be an idiot if I did that lol.
Reply 450
Got 97 UMS yay! Suprised because that's better than I thought I did after looking at Arsey's mark scheme. Only dropped marks must have been resolving friction the wrong way for the very last question.
Reply 451
guys, please see attached if you want to see the m1 jan 2012 question paper and the official mark scheme.
Reply 452
Original post by nm786
guys, please see attached if you want to see the m1 jan 2012 question paper and the official mark scheme.

does anyone know if there's a thread for m1 for june yet??
Original post by wam-bam
does anyone know if there's a thread for m1 for june yet??

Why don't you make one?
Reply 454
Original post by brittanna
Why don't you make one?

good idea!

...... done :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1954802
anyone got the official paper? Without the answers written on it! I havent dont this yet so..It would be very helpful! Thanx
Reply 456
Original post by Jack_Smith
anyone got the official paper? Without the answers written on it! I havent dont this yet so..It would be very helpful! Thanx

check #452
i posted the question paper and mark scheme :smile:
Reply 457
For arsey's model answers m1 jan 2012 (obv) Question 6 i dont understand what is going on at all. Could someone please help me with this?
Reply 458
Original post by Zeroni
For arsey's model answers m1 jan 2012 (obv) Question 6 i dont understand what is going on at all. Could someone please help me with this?

question 6:
for a) just sub x=2 and 2.5 into the equation to get y values.
for b) use trapezium rule: (width of strip/2*(1st height+last height+2*(middle heights))
for c) use integration within the limits 1 and 4 and remember to change the equation where it could be written in powers to integrate effectively.
i'm sure you could manage this question,

i still don't understand how to do question 9ii :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending