The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had a heart attack in the exam and I think I flopped this I lost around 23 marks so I doubt Ill even get a B. FML another resit for me It seems. It was definatley harder than last year no doubt Moments, SUVAT, and the last part of 8 where killers. I panicked so much I practically couldnt even attempt Moments question -9 marks, couldn't do first part of Suvat and seems I got second part of Suvat wrong.-9. Did not find the distance of vectors -3. I got last question wrong too -6. I missed a number on my acceleration graph. So Assuming I made no more errors and receive 0 marks for working.

Ill be lucky with 50/75, which was around 66 ums last year, but considering this was apparently an easy paper (Which I refute). I did worse than my 60 ums last year.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I hate maths exams.

I worked so hard for this as well FML.( Why was there only one resolving question when I actually managed to learn how to do it)
I better do better at C3.
Reply 101
On 8C, i did the exact same method, but i stupidly miscalculated the value of deceleration although i got the same equation. So i then used an incorrect value of a in the suvat equation... Does that mean all marks lost?
Reply 102
Original post by Alpha5
same, i got like 16m in the end. But i think we will get atleast 1 because we attempted to use the correct SUVAT eq. with V=0. u=..., ect i calculated the wrong acc. all because of a wrong R value.

Yeah, 16.4. Disappointed that I got it wrong
Don't think this was easy as people were making out.

Questions 1 and 2 fair enough. 3a is unusual and would of caught a few out I'd say. The moments question wasn't nice either, it took me a while to figure out what to do. The time interval with the projectile also would of caught a fair few out. The distance time graph stuff was okay I thought but many may of forgotten what a acceleration time graph looks like. Vectors is just vectors in general, I couldnt do the last part. The last question was okay but I know I have nothing on the last part.

I don't think they will be astronomically high if the grade boundaries raise. Just my opinion, may sound idiotic to some.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sqwerty
Yeah, 16.4. Disappointed that I got it wrong

You took into account the component of P when working out R, when you got that answer. I reckon you will still get 3/5 for method marks and stuff.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 105
Original post by Beresford George
You took into account the component of P when working out R, when you got that answer. I reckon you will still get 3/5 for method marks and stuff.

Yh same problem here, hopefully 3 marks. That will be a big help.
Reply 106
Original post by Beresford George

Indeed I did. Hopefully I will, 70/75 isn't the end of the world though
Reply 107
was it okay to put 17/12dmg ??
For the angle one on the vector question, this is what i did:

I drew a diagram (like in arseys answers).
I then wrote:

tan(theta)=12/3
tan(theta)=4
theta=tan^-1(4)
theta=75.96 degrees
theta=76 degrees (to the nearest degree).

How many marks would i lose for this?
Reply 109
Grade boundary predictions anyone?
Reply 110
this was a very easy paper indeed......
Reply 111
On Q4) I got to 17/4 mg
then just multiplied out by 9.8 to get 41.7m how many marks will I lose?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 112
Original post by Alpha5
Grade boundary predictions anyone?

I can imagine 69 being an A :redface:
Reply 113
Original post by When you see it...
Oh crap. You sure I would literally lose the marks for that? How is it wrong?
EDIT:
I suppose it is technically wrong because my diagram implied that there was more than one value of a for the same value of t, but then again there is no feasible scenario where the acceleration would suddenly go from 15/16 to 0 (it would have to decrease, perhaps over a short period of time, which would make my diagram basically correct).
How many marks out of three would I lose for this question then?

Yes, because it specifically mentions it in the previous mark schemes :tongue:. You'd just lose one for the shape.
Original post by Rahul.S

Far too high.
Reply 115
Original post by Rahul.S

Not a chance. Never been a paper with an A boundary as high, and there have been many papers easier than this.
Original post by icedragon
Not a chance. Never been a paper with an A boundary as high, and there have been many papers easier than this.

Just because the A* student room students found it easy doesn't mean it will be that high - I agree with you. There were several questions that people would of slipped up on. I'd say 63/64ish is a better guess for an A.
Original post by Rahul.S

I've never seen it be that high before*, only for A2 ones (S2/C4 Jan '11). Then again it was a first for those at the time, and it could a first for M1 this year.

*for an AS module
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by POWW!
On Q4) I got to 17/4 mg
then just multiplied out by 9.8 to get 41.7m how many marks will I lose?

You shouldn't loose any marks as mathematically it is the same thing.
Reply 119
Original post by Arsey
Very easy I thought

For question 6e, when the acceleration increased or decreased, I drew a vertical solid line rather than a dotted line. Also, for 8b I gave the coefficient of friction to 2 signifant figures. Will I lose any marks for these? Everything else I got correct.