The Student Room Group

D1 Jan 2012 Edexcel Post-Exam Discussion - Solutions and paper in first post

Scroll to see replies

Rough calculations, I may have scraped an A. Not happy at all that was the easiest paper we could have been given and I blew it to get 100%
omd im so annoyed, lost a chunk of marks. for dikjstra's question i got 115 instead of 114, and i knew it was wrong because i was using route G but the following question said route G has to be used
(edited 12 years ago)
A matching is a bipartites graph where no node has a degree greater than 1 ? would that get the mark !?
That's waht I said.

I think I got 69-72, if I lost any marks its for wordy questions
Original post by Arsey
Fairly kind paper

Solve the route inspection, means you MUST start and end at the same point

Hi Arsey, for the question regarding a new path between B and F for the chinese postman algorithm questions, i put that if a new path was formed, then F would have to be traversed again because it will become an odd node......
Reply 24
Oh :frown: for some reason for 2a that C had an odd valency(dont know what i was thinking), will i lose all marks for that question or still get 1 or something for doing the correct working out?
Original post by Jorgeyy
Got everything right except wrote 2 12's instead of 1 and a 13 when doing my bubble sort, so will I just lose one for accuracy? And how will this affect the first fit decreasing 3 marker with this list?

I calculated the lower bound fine at least.

Apologies for perhaps being impatient but it seemed you answered posts after
Reply 26
Original post by Arsey
no

arsey for the dijkastras i got 115! and if i got the two lines correct but labelled the feasible wrong how many marks would i get?
Reply 27
Original post by Jorgeyy
Apologies for perhaps being impatient but it seemed you answered posts after

for dijkastras i got 115?
i got around 63 marks, is that still an A ?
Reply 29
Original post by otrivine
arsey for the dijkastras i got 115! and if i got the two lines correct but labelled the feasible wrong how many marks would i get?

I got 118 for dijkastras :/ and i got the lines and the feasible right but optimal point and objective line wrong. I always think i've done okay then read this and im like :O ****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by James A
i got around 63 marks, is that still an A ?

did you see james it was 114 not 115! :frown:
Reply 31
I got around 52 marks, what grade do you think this will be?
so where can i find the markscheme?
Should get between 69-71 depending on how they mark.

January boundaries for D1 are higher than for June, so im guessing 65+ for an A.
Reply 34
Original post by Arsey

Original post by Arsey
Fairly kind paper

Solve the route inspection, means you MUST start and end at the same point

But the route inspection did NOT specify a start node, surely the shortest path was starting at E/F, and adding the arc worth 10 to the tree? (EG SEMI-EULERIAN?)
Original post by otrivine
did you see james it was 114 not 115! :frown:

yeah but another dude said he got 115, so we might get 5 or 6 for that question
Reply 36
Original post by JOR2010
But the route inspection did NOT specify a start node, surely the shortest path was starting at E/F, and adding the arc worth 10 to the tree? (EG SEMI-EULERIAN?)

how did u find it??? think i done terrible how how come in increase i thought decrase!
Reply 37
Original post by James A
omd im so annoyed, lost a chunk of marks. for dikjstra's question i got 115 instead of 114, and i knew it was wrong because i was using route G but the following question said route G has to be used

Yeah me too, when i saw the last part to the question, i was like wait G has already been used :frown:
Reply 38
Original post by James A
yeah but another dude said he got 115, so we might get 5 or 6 for that question

and for the question on feasible region i got the lines correct but wrong feasible an to find the optimal my method was correct thougH?
i still can't get over how i got 115 instead of 114 for dikjstra's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending