The Student Room Group

How excited do you get with getting the Uni Place you wanted?

Scroll to see replies

I read the first couple of lines of my letter (my heart jumped when I heard it come through the post) before bursting into 'I GOT AN OFFER FROM OXFORD!! :woo::woo::woo: My mum cried. I still get excited when I think of it, but now it's mostly: '****, I need A*AA' :afraid:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Chaofan88
I read the first couple of lines of my letter (my heart jumped when I heart it come through the post) before bursting into 'I GOT AN OFFER FROM OXFORD!! :woo::woo::woo: My mum cried. I still get excited when I think of it, but now it's mostly: '****, I need A*AA' :afraid:

:laugh: ha
Original post by Joe_Romero

Original post by Joe_Romero
This probably sounds like a stupid question to be fair it is, but last night i got a conditional offer from Winchester Uni to study Drama, which is where i want to go so I am buzzing! My question is, I can't remember to many of my friends that went off the Uni last year getting to excited when they got there offers. So is it normal haha?

p.s. my first post, hello student room. :smile:

I have to keep checking my track to make sure it's still there, sad life I know :tongue:
Reply 23
Original post by aimlessinwonder
Absolutely no clue, but i'm very thankful for it :smile:

Oh, I think I know.

Do you happen to go to a college/school or live in an area of low university participation?

Bristol are really for equality - no matter what one's background is. :P

I'm hopping to do law there; I'm already doing a few schemes where I go to the university and undergo lectures, debates, tutorials etc... It's a brilliant place.
Original post by WIC
Oh, I think I know.

Do you happen to go to a college/school or live in an area of low university participation?

Bristol are really for equality - no matter what one's background is. :P

I'm hopping to do law there; I'm already doing a few schemes where I go to the university and undergo lectures, debates, tutorials etc... It's a brilliant place.

No I don't. That's what other TSR folk have been asking but my school/area has a pretty high university participation rate.

I don't seem to be alone in it though, there are a few other AAB offers from what I can tell. Maybe they're feeling generous this year x)

Good luck! It seems really great :smile:
Reply 25
I was so so so excited when I got my offer from Queen Margarets in Edinburgh! I couldn't stop talking about it for days! And I can't stop researching the university!! I really can't wait to go :biggrin:
I recently had my offer come through for a PGCE course at my first choice Uni of Cardiff Met. The competition to get in is crazily high and normally takes at least 2 application cycles to get in. When i recieved my offer then I was ecstatic!! Beyond excited! Jumping up and down, close to tears and ahhh. Just thinking about it now makes me all excited!!! It's pefectly normal to feel excited! It's a big achievement :smile:
Reply 27
Late Post, I know.... but I stumbled across this topic and I'm glad to know that I am not the only person who seems very excited to have an offer from Winchester to do Drama :P Congratulations!
When I received the offer I wanted it was a fantastic feeling; I ran around the house and rang my parents and everything :biggrin:
Then this year I was applying abroad and got the place I wanted again at McGill University and got to feel it all over again!
Might just apply for a Masters so I have that feeling to look forward to 3 years running :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending