The Student Room Group

I missed the back page ! Physics Science A

I sat a Science A (Core Science) Physics Paper yesterday, and I missed the back page because I simply didn't see it. Many of my friends had the same problem and didn't see it ..

I researched today and found out that they did the same thing last year in A Level exams, and many people failed due to it because they simple didn't see the back page. I know it's a stupid mistake to do, but if it's already happened in the past; shouldn't AQA fix it by not putting questions on the back page to reduce the risk of students making the same mistake again?

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16018721

By the way; i didn't know that it had happened in the past until after the exam, and the paper is out of 60; and the back of the page contained 9 marks.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No it wasnt in the news.. Don't exaggerate

Edit: and you should be using 'Common sense' as all papers clearly say 'end of questions'
(edited 12 years ago)
dont worry, you can still get an A and by all means redo in the summer to get an A*.
Reply 3
Original post by Alaa12345
I sat a Science A (Core Science) Physics Paper yesterday, and I missed the back page because I simply didn't see it. Are AQA trying to save paper under the risk of failing students? What can i do :s-smilie:

They done the same thing last year in A Level exams, and many people failed due to it because they simple didn't see the back page.

Then you should have known to look at the back page shouldn't you :facepalm: nothing you can do about it now. at least you won't make the same mistake again
Reply 4
Original post by EffKayy
No it wasnt in the news.. Don't exaggerate

Edit: and you should be using 'Common sense' as all papers clearly say 'end of questions'

i'm exaggerating eh ? look for yourself you fool http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16018721
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by goape
Then you should have known to look at the back page shouldn't you :facepalm: nothing you can do about it now. at least you won't make the same mistake again

Nah I found about the problem in A Level exams AFTER the test .. not before
Reply 6
i'm exaggerating eh ? look for yourself you fool http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16018721

Then why werent you more cautious after seeing it on the news?
Reply 7
Original post by EffKayy
Then why werent you more cautious after seeing it on the news?

i researched and found out that it was on the news after the exam, not before.
Reply 8
I did the same thing in one of my assessed chemistry practicals. It's nice to know I'm not the only one :biggrin: You will kick yourself for a long time, but if it was only one or two questions, then hopefully you'll have done well enough on the rest of the paper that it won't matter :smile: At least now you're not at risk of doing it again!
Reply 9
Nah I found about the problem in A Level exams AFTER the test .. not before

Shame.

Did you not do pastpapers and see that they clearly state 'end of questions' ?
Aha. The questions equal knowledge testing and checking you've answered all the questions is intelligence.

Anyway, calm down. My friend did this on a gcse maths paper, and still got an A*

who's the fool here :confused:, anyway, how many marks was it, you can still easily get and A* even without doing the lsat page, AQA physics is like arounf 30-33/45 for an A*, your other sciences can bring it up either, dont worry now but it was a stupid thing to do
If you did not look at all of your paper, you deserve to fail. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by tooambitious
who's the fool here :confused:, anyway, how many marks was it, you can still easily get and A* even without doing the lsat page, AQA physics is like arounf 30-33/45 for an A*, your other sciences can bring it up either, dont worry now but it was a stupid thing to do

Yeah I agree it was a stupid mistake, but it's out of 60 and the back page was out of 9 marks.
Reply 14
Suppose you were a psychologist who forgot to read the back-page of a patient's report. Would you complain about the idiot who printed stuff on the back-page or would you accept you made a mistake?

Having said this I do feel sorry for you, and stuff like this happens to most people at some point in their life.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Half the people in my year missed the last page too! It was my first real exam - and during the exam things like that dont go thorugh your mind, especially on your first one.
Reply 16
ive done this before its a horrible mistake isnt it :/ just resit the paper though :smile:
Why is it their fault? Shouldn't everyone just check all of the paper?

Unfortunate mistake however, my friend did the same thing a while ago. Now she checks the last page even if it says 'End of paper' in front of her :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah I agree it was a stupid mistake, but it's out of 60 and the back page was out of 9 marks.

oh when i did it was out of 45, thats even better, dont worry then its actually not a problem, you coukd still possibly get 51/60 which is a an a*
I'm a little worried now I might've missed not checked the back page on my exams :s I'm almost certain I would've done though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending