Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arsenal vs Man United 22/01/2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    It's crazy, that some people are saying Utd. are going to walk this.

Arsenal have been in very good form, both teams have defensive injuries, not to mention our lack of 1st choice keeper and the fact that we lost at the Emirates last season.

I honestly can't put a prediction on this one, but I hope we edge it.
    not recently
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internet tough guy)
    not recently
    I mean in the sense that, they've proved very resilient since the 8-2 earlier on in the season. Not to mention, still in the Champions League.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    Why does the thread keep getting negged?
    Probably all the Arsenal fans seeing the BIG BOLD UNITED 8-2 ARSENAL

My guess is 3-0 or 3-1 to United, Nani and Valencia to send home Sagna and Miquel crying
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)

My guess is 3-0 or 3-1 to United, Nani and Valencia to send home Sagna and Miquel crying
    sagna is injured.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Even Sagna's out
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilebinator)
    sagna is injured.
    ...just Miquel then
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Or let's look at it a different way. Arsenal will be after revenge after the humialiting defeat at Old Trafford and if that result doesn't give them motivation to win then I don't know what will. The game is at the Emirates and we've conceeded just 6 goals at home this season, the second best record in the league. And I don't know where you got the idea that Sagna's fit, if Sagna was fit Nani wouldn't even get a look in (the best RB in the league). The full backs will be Djourou and Vermaelen. Nani is less effective on the left but I can see Nani still getting the better of Djourou but Vermaelen should take care of Valencia. The main concern should be Mertesacker and he is the weak link in the Arsenal team. I can see this being a 1-1 or a 2-1 to the Arsenal, van Persie definetly being on the scoresheet.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ...just Miquel then
    your going to destroy Miquel and i assume djourou.

the best option we have is to counter your many attacks.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Shouldn't be so pessimistic. We've got the best striker in world football (bar Messi) so anything's possible.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    When did Vermaelen last play? He may now have recovered, but is he match fit?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Shouldn't be so pessimistic. We've got the best striker in world football (bar Messi) so anything's possible.
    not being pessimistic, we are the underdogs in this match.
    If we had a fully fit team with no injuries i would have fancied us, but i just don't see us winning. sorry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For arsenal the underachievers need ti play well. The likes of Arshavin,Rosicky and possibly walcott. If they play well and supplement RVP we have got a good chance.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or let's look at it a different way. Arsenal will be after revenge after the humialiting defeat at Old Trafford and if that result doesn't give them motivation to win then I don't know what will. The game is at the Emirates and we've conceeded just 6 goals at home this season, the second best record in the league. And I don't know where you got the idea that Sagna's fit, if Sagna was fit Nani wouldn't even get a look in (the best RB in the league). The full backs will be Djourou and Vermaelen. Nani is less effective on the left but I can see Nani still getting the better of Djourou but Vermaelen should take care of Valencia. The main concern should be Mertesacker and he is the weak link in the Arsenal team. I can see this being a 1-1 or a 2-1 to the Arsenal, van Persie definetly being on the scoresheet.
    United have three players who are better than Sagna at right back.

Pretty confident that Verm/Mert will score an own goal via a drilled in ball from Valencia.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Arsenal play like they're capable of, they should win it. Especially given United's recent shaky away form. But Arsenal are coming off the back of 2 consecutive defeats in the league, so it makes me less confident. I think Arsenal may want it more after the embarrassment of the reverse fixture, and also their league position. I think it'll be very close.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

But you have two huge problems if you want to go down that route: Walcott and Arshavin.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even though i'm not against remaining Arsenal as The Van Persie Team, it's hardly a one person game.

I'd like to know how you can be so factual with how ineffective Valencia is going to be?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    United have three players who are better than Sagna at right back.

Pretty confident that Verm/Mert will score an own goal via a drilled in ball from Valencia.
    no.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    :arsenal: 10 - 1 :manutd: easy
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    walcott has a habit of playing well in big games.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    no.
    Jones, Smalling, Valencia.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 23, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.