Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Malia 2012!!

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just booked Malia, July 6th-13th 2012, for 12 girls.
    Wondering if anyone else had booked for that time or had any recommendations on;
    1) Places to go, not just clubs/bars but restaurants, activities as well
    2) How much spending money to take, we were going to budget £50 a day but don't know if that's unrealistic?
    Thank you
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on august the 24th for a week! 12 lads we're thinking about £100 a day and some people said we might have to take a bit more because we're going s/c. The booze cruise we can't wait for
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Malia has two faces to it. One is its original, old inland village awash with traditional Cretan serenity and charm. The other is big, brash, party-mad, non-stop Malia. And that’s the one that wins the day. Famous for its relentless energy, modern Malia doesn’t hold back when it comes to any of the holiday essentials. On Crete’s northern coast, it boasts a ravishing beach of satiny sands and vivid blue waters that’s quite literally, packed with action. A never-ending parade of watersports rentals offering pedaloes, ringos and jetskis run its length. Sun beds cover every patch of sand, backed by rows of cheerful beach bars and the occasional volleyball court. And the young crowds who come here in July and August to make Malia their own, lie immobile on their loungers, dozing off the night before. Away from the sands, the main ‘strip’ pulsates with bars, pubs and music spots with one mission in life – to supply full-on fun.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlotteM)
    Wondering if anyone else had booked for that time or had any recommendations on;
    2) How much spending money to take, we were going to budget £50 a day but don't know if that's unrealistic?
    Thank you
    Wooo!

I'm booking in the next few days, group of lads going on 10th - 17 th July! I'm taking £500 spending money for the week.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've yet to go to Malia, I might be going to Napa this year, my mate has a HUGE villa 15 mins away, so it's be cheap!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Going to malia with 3 friends for a week at the end of august (just after i turn 18, i'm the baby of the group xD)
    Perfect 18th celebration and our last holiday together before we go to uni
    I'm also wondering how much spending money to take....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies! TheCurlyHairedDude; I went to Napa last year and it was amazing, just fancied somewhere new
    Last year I spent £400 spending money in a week, but we were abit away from the strip and so payed for taxi's.
    The beach party and booze cruise are definitely worth it, in Napa the beach party was 50 euros I think?
    Have a good holiday everyone x
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going to Malia with 10 friends on 31st July for a week! Taking between £500-£600 probably.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by startitup)
    Going to Malia with 10 friends on 31st July for a week! Taking between £500-£600 probably.
    woop woop
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rcaines)
    woop woop
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Magaluf's where the party's at!! 16 lads, we were going to go to Malia, but I don't really know what happened. Anyone been to both?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm also off to Malia this august! We went to Magaluf last year and it was insane! I spent around £700 easily in a week but Malia is supposed to be cheaper in comparison, my advice is take more than you need cause the last thing you'll want to do is cutback on things like watersports cause you havent got enough or phone your parents to send money out!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    3rd to 10th of July 8 guys.

I'm going to take 400 euros i think!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    I went last year for a week, had such a good time!
    I took 400 euros and came back with change, it is really cheap out there

Just some advice - dont take anything valuable out on the strip with you, my friend had her blackberry stolen out her bag and also, when promoters try to get you to go into their bar, dont say yes straight away, wait until they offer you drinks for cheaper.

the number one restaurant you have to go to is sticky fingers, its like an american diner, great hangover cure

sorry dont know much about activities, spent most the days recovering by the pool haha, but the beach is okay, not great though, as all the nice bits are sectioned off, but worth a go, though we found staying at the pool just as good.

Hope thats slightly helpful, have a great time, so jealous im not going back!

Ps. the best drink out there is called the 'head****er' and Greek raqui shots if you really want to get off your face
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krmitchell)

Just some advice - dont take anything valuable out on the strip with you, my friend had her blackberry stolen out her bag and also, when promoters try to get you to go into their bar, dont say yes straight away, wait until they offer you drinks for cheaper.

the number one restaurant you have to go to is sticky fingers, its like an american diner, great hangover cure

sorry dont know much about activities, spent most the days recovering by the pool haha, but the beach is okay, not great though, as all the nice bits are sectioned off, but worth a go, though we found staying at the pool just as good.

Ps. the best drink out there is called the 'head****er' and Greek raqui shots if you really want to get off your face
    How expensive are the drinks out there?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan9878)
    How expensive are the drinks out there?
    depends where you are - in our apartments pool bar cocktails or like doubles were about 5/6 euros, but on the strip its much cheaper, like 4 euros or cheaper for a triple and a shot, sometimes a fish bowl too - and if your in a bigger group they will be cheaper, specially if its all girls. and if you act as if your walking off from the promoters they will offer you cheaper and you can always kind of hassle them to lower the price or get more drinks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    depends where you are - in our apartments pool bar cocktails or like doubles were about 5/6 euros, but on the strip its much cheaper, like 4 euros or cheaper for a triple and a shot, sometimes a fish bowl too - and if your in a bigger group they will be cheaper, specially if its all girls. and if you act as if your walking off from the promoters they will offer you cheaper and you can always kind of hassle them to lower the price or get more drinks
    Cool thanks Did you do any activities like jet skiing bannana boating, quad biking etc and do you know how much they cost roughly ?

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    8 of us girls are going to Malia, on 13th July - 21st for the first time cant wait!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Thank you so much That's really helpful! x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    me and a friend have booked for 8th july 12, for days, also know a few other girls that are going but not in the same hotel !! never been before though !! SOOOO EXCITED, think were going to budget about 80a day but heard its SOOOO CHEAP !!! !!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2013
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.