The Student Room Group

Higher Drama Acting Exam Pieces?

Just wondering which characters / plays / scenes everyone is acting and if you're all happy with them :smile:

Also, did your teachers decide your part or were you allowed to select it yourself?

I have Mary Warren in The Crucible and Lily in Men Should Weep :smile:
Reply 1
Lady Bracknell from the Importance of Being Ernest and Bernadette from Blooded.

I'm pretty happy with Lady Bracknell but I'm not feeling the Blooded script, it's a good play but my script and monologue seem to be lacking something.

My teacher chose ours and it was very much implied that if we wanted to change it then it would have to be discussed at length with her and if she thought it was still the right play for us then it's her choice. I trust her judgement, she's been teaching drama for over 20 years and her students always pass with decent grades so...

I kind of wish I had got a Crucible part though, I desperately wanted to be Abigail.
(edited 10 years ago)
Just asking but is drama a good choice to pick for higher GCSE because I am in year 8 and next month December I am picking my GCSE so i was thinking of taking drama whereas I am good in acting and written tests the teacher is strict but wants me to take drama should I take it thx RASAP reply as soon as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending