The Student Room Group

Most awkward question you've asked a teacher?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyles
Definitely when one of the girls in my class asked a question in biology and miss-pronounced 'organism' with 'orgasm'......it got a round of applause.

I remember asking my mum what the difference between an organism and an orgasm once. To be fair, I was only 15 at the time.
Reply 61
Original post by TattyBoJangles
The question in itself wasn't awkward, but his answer was very..

It was my old Biology teacher, who we had for ~3 months whilst my other teacher was on maternity leave. My Biology class had 8 girls and 1 boy, and he happened to be ill on this particular day so it was just a class of girls.

We were having an innocent chat about University choices, and someone asked Sir what his fondest memories of Uni were. He proceeded to tell us about his numerous one-night stands, and how he felt "so free". Someone raised the point that he now has a wife and kids and he went, "Yeah.. but *those* were the days."

O.e

He was pretty hilarious in general, though.

absolute legend
When I was in year 12 I walked up to who I thought was my geography teacher, started asking something about the work, realised half way through my question it was a completely different teacher, don't know how I managed it, I suppose they look sort of similar... mortified...
"Miss, are you actually a teacher or do you sit on your fat arse all day polishing your talons?"

Said to my head of year in Year 10 due to her dragging me from my lesson into her office to have a go at me for dying my hair. I had dyed it from bright pink to brown. Brown is not a natural colour in her book.

"Are you deliberately this incompetent?"

Said to the same teacher for her inability to check my attendance on a register right in front of her. We'd had a cover teacher for registration who ballsed the register up and she decided to try and get me for playing truant when I was sat in the classroom minding my own business.

The incompetent cow is still there and attempts to make my sister's life a misery because she couldn't stand the sight of me :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by jardantuan
I remember asking my mum what the difference between an organism and an orgasm once. To be fair, I was only 15 at the time.

only 15? :O
Reply 65
calling a teacher mum and dad infront of the class ... rather embarassing to say the least
and whilst not technically asking the teacher a uestion but being called to the front of the class to read something with a hard on .... could have and would very much have liked to die at that point ... never quite lived it down :/ :P
oh and being dared to ask the new biology techer [very tidy blonde i might add] for her number :colone:
Reply 66
Original post by Laurah5498

Original post by Laurah5498
"
Said to the same teacher for her inability to check my attendance on a register right in front of her. We'd had a cover teacher for registration who ballsed the register up and she decided to try and get me for playing truant when I was sat in the classroom minding my own business.

The incompetent cow is still there and attempts to make my sister's life a misery because she couldn't stand the sight of me :smile:

ahh i had a teacher like this some evil northern witch -_- bullies my brother no end because me and her used to have daily shouting matches usually about having a watch on [apparently it wasnt allowed?] and me telling her to, in the politest way possible, suck one and the watch wasnt coming off :biggrin:
Reply 67
no theres no1 in my class who asks stupid qs buuuuuut wee do hve a habbit of givin each other names:cool:
Reply 68
Original post by meeow
Haha :clap2: did he accept?

He went red, smiled and said "I don't think that's appropriate right now"! :lol:
Reply 69
I asked our biology teacher why you couldn't get a penis in unless it was hard...
Bit of reversal here...my stats teacher was listening to a class discussion last year, next thing we know she shouts out to the whole class;

"Whose gay?!"

We weren't even talking about that :') It's now a constant joke, even though we've left school :tongue:
This isn't a question but I was walking from the lunch hall to somewhere and I went round a corner and managed to bump into a teacher.

He has a plate of food and a cup of water in his hands :facepalm2:

You know those moments where you wish it was just a dream? That was one of those moments. Sadly it wasn't a dream :no:

Also in my german class my teacher gave me a magazine to read so I'm skimming through it and find a questionnaire. One of the questions was "what are your sexual fantasies?" Of course I asked her that and she just looked at me and her smile disappeared instantly. "that isn't appropriate right now." :rofl:

I think the fact that she could've answered in german and I wouldn't known what she was saying made it that much sweeter. She obviously wanted me :sexface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Apparently I called a teacher "mum" in year 6. I don't remember it, but everyone insists I said it 0_o
Reply 73
I once asked what shoe size my male teacher was, when he replied my jerk reaction was to shout 'PHWOARRRRRRRRRRRRRR' needless to say, he was not impressed.
Reply 74
"How come our sperm have tails and we don't :'("
Me: Miiiiiiiiss? Can you shave my coin purse, please? :colone:

Teacher: Lol...wut? :indiff:

NB: Dramatisation- may not have happened.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by Wookie42
Called her Mum instead of Miss :nooo:

Called him Mum instead of Sir :eek:
Reply 77
Not really a question but an awkward moment.

On the coach heading into london for a school trip, the girls and I were discussing bra sizes. Only to find the male music teacher in the seat in front of us was pretending to be asleep. When we ask him if he heard us he said "Yeah you were talking about your grades weren't you" :\

later on in the same coach journey the lowerschool started singing Beyonce - Single ladies , and a girl who had a massive crush on the music teacher screamed "Mr B PUT A RING ON" right in front of his fiancee... Awks
Reply 78
I asked my spanish teacher to translate some spanish lyrics from a song which translated to "the girl next door is horny"
she lied in response and said it ment the female neighbour is sleeping LOL
You know how when you cant think of a specific word you just replace it with 'thing'? Well we were talking about how far we could reach with our fingers (now I know it's called handspan) but I couldn't think of the word so i ended up saying..

'how big is your thing?'

to a male teacher. his face was priceless. a sort of mix between :lolwut: and :sexface:

Why am I so stupid?? :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending