The Student Room Group

At what age does it become weird to still be a virgin?

Scroll to see replies

Why do people make virginity a big deal

who gives a fawk. be a boss regardless
Reply 101
Original post by Aisha~~
Experience isn't a sign of dominance either. I can't see how you can get turned on by knowing a guy has had sex more times than you. That's all it is, because none of your validations make sense. It's a simple number thing. Mathematics fetish? Weird but I can't be opposed to it lol

Hm yeah I see what you're getting at. I don't think experience is a sign of dominance, it just seems likely to me that the more dominant guys in relation to me, will have had more experience than me. So I tend to think that people match up on experience even if they don't state a preference...I'm not saying even numbers, more like I don't imagine a guy who's a virgin would want to sleep with me anyway.

I was interested in a guy a few months ago who was a virgin. That didn't put me off in itself but I realised later that we would never have been a good match because of the virginity. I know he wanted it to be more meaningful. Actually he was a dominant guy and he preferred the thought of sleeping with someone who was also a virgin. So that's I meant. I haven't come across many virgin guys who might go for a woman with more experience. The ones I've known who have, have tended to be turned on more by the woman being in control. I know you can switch that stuff up. Perhaps I am misreading my experience.

I dated two guys who were virgins when I started dating them. They were different. One was dominant, and one was more submissive. So as you say, I realise that virginity doesn't reflect on that state. In both those relationships, the sexual side was a problem. We weren't sexually compatible. I'm not saying it's impossible to be sexually compatible with someone who is a virgin. It seems to me that it's more likely that someone with experience would know their sexuality better, so it'd be easier for me to judge whether or not we were compatible on that level.

I know the numbers don't count for much either. I had sex with a friend of mine a few months ago. He'd slept with 8 women but it didn't reflect on his skills. To be honest, if numbers are factor to me, what I'm really gunning for is a guy who's had sexual experience within a long term relationship (don't care how many). Those guys are more in tune. That friend of mine had never been in a long term relationship with a woman and it really showed. He was no better than the guys I'd had sex with who were virgins. So, as I say, numbers aren't everything to me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Foo.mp3
Unless they have some issue e.g. are asexual, it's not really a case of 'getting round to it' if you understand the way we're biologically hard wired hun.. :tongue:

This is actually true generally speaking.
Original post by Lucia.
~~

The basics of sex come extremely easily and quickly. Nobody should have a hangup for that unless they're looking for a quick fling (ONS, fb). It's the subtleties that are dependant on the individuals involved that take a lot longer. Those aren't transferrable between couples really. Some of it is, a lot isn't. When someone in a relationship doesn't pay attention to those subtleties, that's when you get dissatisfied partners. Which is why you look for personality traits that indicate they'll be paying attention to your individual demands. That's a personality thing. Not something learnt by experience.

The best ****s are the ones that can completely blur that line. Like they know you inside out even if you've barely know each other a week. They're adaptive, communicative and perceptive. I've seen them on either end of the experience spectrum, from people with no long relationships, to ex wives.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by Aisha~~
It's the subtleties that are dependant on the individuals involved that take a lot longer. Those aren't transferrable between couples really. Some of it is, a lot isn't. When someone in a relationship doesn't pay attention to those subtleties, that's when you get dissatisfied partners. Which is why you look for personality traits that indicate they'll be paying attention to your individual demands. That's a personality thing. Not something learnt by experience.

I 100% agree.

Original post by Aisha~~
Like they know you inside out even if you've barely know each other a week. They're adaptive, communicative and perceptive. I've seen them on either end of the experience spectrum, from people with no long relationships, to ex wives.

How do you find someone like that?
considering the munters waddling around in this country **** man i wouldnt be surprised to find 40 yr old virgins who just didnt wanna go balls deep in a fatty
Original post by Lucia.
I 100% agree.

How do you find someone like that?

As in what to look for? Strong goal-chasing. Always achieve what they want, no matter what. Combined with a desire to make people feel good, and good social/communication skills.
That's when you get the inquisitive, experimental nature working together with the desire to please you. With the skills to do that (in tune with social cues, body language, communication) efficiently and quickly.

Ofc balance it off with other aspects of someones personality. Maybe you're happy to accept someone that learns slightly slower, but is also funnier.
Reply 107
Original post by Aisha~~
As in what to look for? Strong goal-chasing. Always achieve what they want, no matter what. Combined with a desire to make people feel good, and good social/communication skills.
That's when you get the inquisitive, experimental nature working together with the desire to please you. With the skills to do that (in tune with social cues, body language, communication) efficiently and quickly.

Ofc balance it off with other aspects of someones personality. Maybe you're happy to accept someone that learns slightly slower, but is also funnier.

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
By choice, not due to lack of options

I'm 30 in july and i'm still a virgin...life has just worked out differently :redface:
Reply 109
Perhaps when your friends start having children
I'm a virgin, 19.

I'm a guy, I'm not waiting for THE right person I'm waiting for A right person, someone I'm comfortable with and can trust, i'd rather be in a committed relationship than banging random girls...

I know, I'm an idiot....
Reply 111
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a virgin, 19.

I'm a guy, I'm not waiting for THE right person I'm waiting for A right person, someone I'm comfortable with and can trust, i'd rather be in a committed relationship than banging random girls...

I know, I'm an idiot....

No you are not. If you were one, then the world would need more idiots like that especially in female versions.
2273.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending