And does it genuinely help you?

Do you, re-read note?
Make posters?
Make revision cards?
just read the books?
Use past papers-?
please do tell me :smile:
Reply 1
Read the book/notes (if made by the teacher) over and over. I then write down everything I remember, and check with the textbook/notes. I repeat the process 4 times or so. I hardly do past papers for biology.
Maths I do every single exercise in the Oxford and Edexcel official textbooks. I then try to do every single past paper in 30-45 minutes max.
Reply 2
Past papers, read books on the topics i'm studying (books on thatcher and Attlee recently)

Revision cards don't work for me and notes tend not to stick unfortunately :frown:
I tend to write notes using the textbook. I usually don't really re-read these notes but I find that by writing the notes it helps me to take it all in. After this I'l read through a revision guide before moving on to past papers. It may be helpful to know that i only do science subjects (Chem,Physics and last year Biology) and I don't think this way of revision would be as effective in other subjects; Maths for example where i find doing plenty of past papers to adequate.
Reply 4
Revise - treat myself to some food - Revise - do some social networking - Revise - have a quick jerk off - Revise - take a nap.

Basically revise with breaks inbetween.
I read my notes then read the textbook. Make more notes. Complete practice papers under exam conditions. Find where I went wrong in the past paper and revise the subject areas. Make more notes. Read textbook again. Complete more pass papers until you only get a few questions wrong. Seems to work best for me.
1)Make detailed noted
2)Condense to make bullet pointish notes
3)Condense further and turn the notes into a poster to make it more visual

I'm a visual/kinesthetic learner so that helps me memorise things. Basically,the more time you spend with the material, the more it will stick around :smile:
Mainly notes and past papers works for me. Revision cards and posters have never done anything for me.
Reply 8
Get into your subjects. If they're humanities or a social science, it's easy to read a few books and watch a few documentaries about them.
Reply 9
I copy out the revision guides over and over again. In the last week before the exam I'll do a lot of past papers to get a feel for the style of the exam and what questions typically come up as well. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest